Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

Still trying to get used to the new forum format..

Easter is a little under 3 weeks away, I can't wait! :D  It's one of my favorite holidays, Jesus' Resurrection, being with family(though I won't be with family this Easter). Not to mention it's usually when the weather starts becoming actually warm again for us in the Northern Hemisphere. What do you guys usually do for Easter? My family usually goes to church and then has a dinner with the extended family. 

• Brohoof 1

I got myself a new study Bible today! My bible reading hasn't been so good because I didn't really have a Bible but my Brothers ther was kind enough to take me out to books million and get myself a nice new KJV Bible! Imma be reading and studying my bible a whole lot more hopefully now! :love:^_^

image.jpg

Edited by Lunarpalette
  • Brohoof 5

10 minutes ago, Lunarpalette said:

I got myself a new study Bible today! My bible reading hasn't been so good because I didn't really have a Bible but my Brothers ther was kind enough to take me out to books million and get myself a nice new KJV Bible! Imma be reading and studying my bible a whole lot more hopefully now! :love:^_^

image.jpg

That's a cool cover.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Steel Accord said:

That's a cool cover.

Thank you! I was battling between this bible and a pearly white one with a turquoise cover. It was really pretty but this one was the one that I needed.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Lunarpalette said:

Thank you! I was battling between this bible and a pearly white one with a turquoise cover. It was really pretty but this one was the one that I needed.

I like the more subdued color myself but why was this the individual Bible you needed?

• Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, Steel Accord said:

I like the more subdued color myself but why was this the individual Bible you needed?

It was a better deal and I feel that if I had gotten such a pretty Bible I would be more interested in the outside than the contents on the inside. Also this one has a thumb index. And one or two more things maybe but otherwise they would have been the same Bible really. But this is the one I do need. Im so glad to have it too :)

• Brohoof 2

I'm feeling really really pissed right now...just..ugh this fandom f/f everywhere! it just can't take it anymore. WWJD I don't know did Jesus have to deal with transgenders? i'm not appolgizing for having an opinon.  I need someone to talk to..or vent or something please.

Edited by BlinkZ
  • Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, BlinkZ said:

I'm feeling really really pissed right now...just..ugh this fandom f/f everywhere! it just can't take it no more. WWJD I dont know did jecus hwa to deal with transgeners? i'm not appolgizing for having an opinon.  I need someone to talk to..or vent or something please.

I'm open for conversation.

26 minutes ago, BlinkZ said:

I'm feeling really really pissed right now...just..ugh this fandom f/f everywhere! it just can't take it anymore. WWJD I don't know did Jesus have to deal with transgenders? i'm not appolgizing for having an opinon.  I need someone to talk to..or vent or something please.

Well Jesus did deal with prostitutes.

44 Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.” 48 Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” 49 The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?” 50 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Luke~ 7:44-50

The meaning, I think, is that lifestyle doesn't make one a bad person, it's how aware they are of others who don't share in it. Ultimately, it's our place to forgive and accept, not to judge.

. . . . That and read Sparity, MarbleMac, SoarinDash, and of course the OTP . . . Breaheart:

mlp_fim_couple_by_tigerprincesskaitlyn-d

LET ME DREAM! :(

Edited by Steel Accord

Not judging is really hard and I can't "accept' it...especially when ti shoved in our faces everywhere. you know modern movies with the last 5 years have that one character that gay or lesbian..just because social justice?  I really really hard to try and follow that phosophy of not to judge and forgive. maybe I miss understand what forgiveness means.

26 minutes ago, BlinkZ said:

Not judging is really hard and I can't "accept' it...especially when ti shoved in our faces everywhere. you know modern movies with the last 5 years have that one character that gay or lesbian..just because social justice?  I really really hard to try and follow that phosophy of not to judge and forgive. maybe I miss understand what forgiveness means.

What are the last five years in the sum of human civilization? What are they to all of history starting with the Big Bang? What will the last five years be twenty years from now? Consider that everything you experience is but your observation of a world that existed before you and will continue after you. Fervor and fads fade, what true benefits exist are kept, and society returns to a balanced equilibrium.

It's hard sometimes to not pass judgement, to always be kind to and accepting of certain people(notice I'm not saying accepting of the sin but rather the sinner) who may not reciprocate those feelings. It is human nature after all to do so, believe me I have trouble with it as well. I sometimes feel that my silence on certain issues and my kindness towards people who follow certain lifestyles is taken advantage of, which well..it is. However, whatever trials we face here on Earth have already been faced by Jesus and while I know that certain fads were not around during his time on Earth the dilemma faced is the same, the verse Steel Accord quoted is a perfect example of that. 

Ultimately at the end of the day our lives here are short and as Christians we must try to not judge the sins of others for we are sinners as well. We will of course slip up, we're imperfect sinners as well, but that is why Jesus forgives the sins of those who ask. 

• Brohoof 4

Not sure on the legality of this since it is somewhat MLP related.

https://mlpforums.com/topic/164247-clop-section/

I tried to format it so that it doesn't preview the post, just the link. 

Sometimes the MLP community makes me shake my head and pray, in relation to what was just discussed this is when it gets difficult to not judge. This is the one area of the MLP community that I really really do not like. I usually forget it exists unless it's brought up, however having it's own dedicated board on the forums...I don't know if I could belong to a community that promotes that in a (mostly) family friendly environment such as this.  Luckily most of the posters, as well as the forum staff, are against the idea. 

• Brohoof 1

@Brightbart

Don't leave just because of that. As you said, the forum staff don't allow anything explicit and beyond that, what can you do? People like what they like. I went into a little existential panic of my own early in my fandom days when I realized I had a crush on Fluttershy. But I came to realize that A ) it was simply a crush, a powerful infatuation and nothing to be ashamed of. B ) There's plenty of fictional characters people find attractive, and when really asked about it, it's just as much about personality as it is appearance. The Mane Six are all female characters who are deep and complex enough in personality that the predominantly male fanbase can find something romantically appealing in them.

As long as it doesn't become an obsession and lust, it's just harmless fun to talk about. For instance, Rarity has a lot of qualities I would like in a girlfriend. She's artistic yet business minded, and she's almost defiantly feminine but sees that as strength.

• Brohoof 2

Rarity is best pony after all :grin: I think there is a wide difference between having a crush on the qualities represented by a pony vs sexual lust for one. 

Also I just saw and season 7 premiers the day before Easter!

• Brohoof 1

How about you guys think about his sermons

Shady Oak is a christian brony pastor that telling a sermons about MLP and other entertainment medias

Mostly his youtube avatar is a stallion royal guard with a sword and holding a holy bible with a happy face

Most of his sermons is about a christian lessons from the entertainment medias

Do Christian Bronies rarely watch his sermons,only a few comments appeared on his sermons videos

Do you guys want to watch his sermons,he is a christian brony pastor

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 18 March 2017 at 0:18 PM, ShadOBabe said:

Hey guys, please say a prayer for me.

I'm in a pretty dark place lately. I can't seem to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I feel anxious and scared and insecure all the time. I try to tell myself that, in the big picture, things will be okay. God promises that to believers. But it doesn't help ease my mind any, because while I might be fine ultimately, the world just seems to get more and more evil and dark.

I just want to be happy and at ease again.

Well the thing you need to do is proceed to the exit path. It's like you're trapped in a burning building and need to find the exit. Maybe if I knew enxactly what is going on with you currently I could help you escape. Now currently I'm on a 7 day long family holiday to Singapore and the best part is that we have wifi in our apartment where staying in. Also my mom,s mother (Nanna) came with us to Singapore and it's actually to make Nanna feel better about uncle Boy's death that happened in November last year. Nanna is still grieving a lot over the death but she should massively improve and feel better after the trip. :)

Now there's something I've been wanting to tell you guys for a while now but I've just been too nervous to mention it. Now for around two years now I've been experiencing strange dreams and even events from the future are randomly appearing in my head plus I can even think deeply into an event I know of and it appears in my memory like I've actually witnessed the event. I also am developing some sort of computer like system in my head and I can use it to control certain things like I could put the command DNS.Loop.Reset into the system while I'm focused on a set of traffic lights and it would actually change the lights and make them move on in the cycle process. Even though my dreams it's been explained to me that the system that runs everything is the Datanet and this was described as the Holy Spirit by the saints as we simply won't advanced enough to understand the true workings of the system 2000 years ago. I even seem to always be doing things with god himself like he's my mentor talking to me and telling me the truth about everything and who I am. According the future memories I actually did what I did to save humanity in my theory about how MLP started and exists as a real thing. Also I was told that satan was escaping and I was created to stop and defeat him and I was also designed to take control over the Datanet as one of the primary intelligence systems. I wasn't sure I could believe this in the beginning but I'm now starting to take it in as true information because of the things that have been happening in real life plus I seem to still be in the training phase as I'm still gaining my power and learning how to operate it. The main evidence that it's real is that I have a personality is I seem to have everything that's good packed into my personality like I have what I call a universal personality. Maybe if you ask me about any future events I could try and recall that information from the system. :)

Edited by Techno Universal

I've seen this thread around quite a few times but never really posted here, so I think it's time I join in. So, hi! :)

And @BlinkZ I think I know what you mean. That's something that's been nagging at me for a long time too.

• Brohoof 3

Hey guys.

I think God is really working wonders in my life. I was really in a very dark place only 3 months ago, which I'd rather not get into publicly, but it all worked out in a scary way, involving a health situation. I had been very depressed on and off for nearly a decade, and at it's worst for at least 5 years. It's really interesting how things work out, sometimes your life gets better out of very scary situations but things turn out OK in the end, sometimes better than you had been for a long time.

I'd like you guys to pray that my life still stays this good, and that things in general work out for the future, hopefully so that I can help others and maybe help others with their relationship with Christ.

• Brohoof 11