Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Pirate Adventure RP! (Always open for new OC's to join)

Krystal

One moment please, time to do some research.

The answer is yes, lemme post something I found on wikipedia.

In the early 15th century, the town became an independent state once again, and emerged as a safe harbour for pirates and privateers, leading to it being targeted by the Portuguese, who destroyed the town in 1468.[8] The Portuguese used the ruins of Anfa to build a military fortress in 1515. The town that grew up around it was called "Casa Branca", meaning "white house" in Portuguese.

In other words, before the Portuguese destroyed Anfa and rebuilt it, renaming it Casablanca, it was a safe place for pirates and privateers.

Can't deny Wikipedia. So Casaflanka it is. NOW I'll be changing the OOC thread to "searching"

Since everypony is naming their ships, I'll name mine the Sea Peregrine after the fastest animal in the world.

• Brohoof 1

I want in this thing! I'll use Red Alert. (middle link in signature linkpile)

Musical Music

8D

When does this start?

What part do you want to be? Your only option is really just deckhand on any ship of your choosing since I don't know you well enough to trust you as captain of the Equestrian Naval ship (probably the most important part of the RP) or first mate on the Bulwark.

I'll start it once the Bulwark has a first mate and the Equestrian Naval ship has a captain.

• Brohoof 1

Port-au-Paddock; Or Paddock-au-Prince (Port-au-Prince, Haiti, plus Paddock)

Havanner (Havana, Cuba, plus Vanner, which is a powerfully built type of horse used for light draught work)

Saddle Domingo (Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic)

Neighssau (Nassau, Bahamas)

Carriagefour (Carrefour, Haiti)

Konikston; Kigerston (Kingston, Jamaica; and the Konik and Kiger breeds of horses)

I've got dozens more.

EDIT: Doh. I took too long. You had chosen one before I came up with ponified names of Caribbean Cities.

And I'm a total geography nut, too.

Edited by Descant
  • Brohoof 3

Havanner (Havana, Cuba, plus Vanner, which is a powerfully built type of horse used for light draught work)

Konikston; Kigerston (Kingston, Jamaica; and the Konik and Kiger breeds of horses)

I've got dozens more.

EDIT: Doh. I took too long. You had chosen one before I came up with ponified names of Caribbean Cities.

Tell you what, everypony come up with every ponified pirate city you can think of and then I'll set up a poll in the begging of the thread. Whichever wins gets to be our city.

If you're willing to let me I'd actually like to be the captain. Plus I honestly think it would be rather difficult...most people would always choose Pirates over the law.

It is done. Now we just need two first mates.

• Brohoof 3

I have RPed with SilverHeart before. I can vouch for thee.

He/She is a good RPer.

Thou shalt make a good captain I think

Thank you. We do seem to get into the same RP's don't we? Now that I actually think about it...I think you've been in every RP I've been in.

Thank you Krystal.

• Brohoof 2

I can switch ships and be a first mate if you want, I guess, assuming no-one else shows up. Of course, that's also assuming you'd let me be a first mate, when no-one involved in this has RP-ed with me before, meaning there's no-one who can vouch for me.

Edited by Alex-Kennedy
  • Brohoof 1

I've got dozens more.

And I'm a total geography nut, too.

You're not alone, yet I can't deny your powers, as you have already proven you are more of a geography lover as I. :P

• Brohoof 3

I can switch ships and be a first mate if you want, I guess, assuming no-one else shows up. Of course, that's also assuming you'd let me be a first mate, when no-one involved in this has RP-ed with me before, meaning there's no-one who can vouch for me.

Well you and I have talked before, you've set up multiple D&D RP's...I think that should vouch for itself. 

• Brohoof 2

Ehh... I'm not sure if I can trust you enough... Okay, at five O'clock tomorrow I'll do some rearranging to even up the deckhands and hopefully by then enough RPers will have gained an interest that I'll be able to fill in all the crucial roles with skilled RPers. Then, I'll start the RP.

Well you and I have talked before, you've set up multiple D&D RP's...I think that should vouch for itself. 

With this new information, I'll try to put him in as one of the first mates when I do the rearranging.

• Brohoof 2

Ehh... I'm not sure if I can trust you enough... Okay, at five O'clock tomorrow I'll do some rearranging to even up the deckhands and hopefully by then enough RPers will have gained an interest that I'll be able to fill in all the crucial roles with skilled RPers. Then, I'll start the RP.

Wow. You've only said three things to me and already I've been shot down twice. I take a sort of perverse pride in that.

You might think so, but apparently not. Oh, and thanks for your support, I guess.

• Brohoof 1

With this new information, I'll try to put him in as one of the first mates when I do the rearranging.

*Sniff, sniff* I-I'm not a skillful RPer? I-I don't know wha...I don't know what to say! I'm-'m not g-good enough to take a crucial role? *sniff* :(

• Brohoof 1

*Sniff, sniff* I-I'm not a skillful RPer? I-I don't know wha...I don't know what to say! I'm-'m not g-good enough to take a crucial role? *sniff* :(

You're certainly good enough. I would have made you captain of a ship if you'd asked earlier, but instead you asked to be one of my deckhands. There's still two first mate positions if you want them...

• Brohoof 2

You're certainly good enough. I would have made you captain of a ship if you'd asked earlier, but instead you asked to be one of my deckhands. There's still two first mate positions if you want them...

Oh, and I posted my ship's name: the Black Abyss. And if you saw it, then disregard this post and acquire my brohooves.

• Brohoof 3

You could join meh ship...Everypony on board is equal...Plus it has cupcakes.

Also the captain is insane and I think we can all agree that the insane evil pony is best pony.

• Brohoof 3

Hm...I know! I could double as the ship's cook! When I'm not in the Crow's Nest, I'll have Pirate Opal making a meal of the fish or whatever we have to eat. That way we won't starve like the other ships! :D

• Brohoof 2

Hm...I know! I could double as the ship's cook! When I'm not in the Crow's Nest, I'll have Pirate Opal making a meal of the fish or whatever we have to eat. That way we won't starve like the other ships! :D

We won't starve. We have Insane Evil Cupcake Pirate Captain Pony. And Cascade, who can swim and catch fishies with her bare hooves.

• Brohoof 3

Is there a PM yet for the fastest ship, which I do not know the name of. It seems like a multitude of chats have already been made.

I was wondering the same thing. By the way, the name of the ship is the Sea Peregrine, after the fastest animal in the world.

• Brohoof 2

Is there a PM yet for the fastest ship, which I do not know the name of. It seems like a multitude of chats have already been made.

Depends, are you on my ship or not? Because I can move you to first mate of the Bulwark if you'd like.

• Brohoof 1