Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does the French dub do for Cutie Pox?

Toastypk

In Cutie Pox, one of the cutie marks Apple Bloom gets is the Fluer de lis icon, which gets her to start speaking in French. It's a joke, obviously.

But what about the French dub? They all speak French in that version. It would have to be something different.

What do they do in that version? It's something I've wanted to know, but haven't gotten to figure out yet.
Does anyone know?

• Brohoof 1

From what I understand, she still speaks French, but in a rather archaic form.  I guess it would be like if in the US version she started speaking Elizabethan English.

Archaic form huh? Then it must be Canadian... despite that she isn't even using a Canadian accent lol but yeah what this guy said ^

• Brohoof 2

In all honesty, I think it would be HILARIOUS if the French dub ended up making her speak either English or Japanese :lol:

Though, the latter is HIGHLY unlikely, it still would be pretty funny :P

• Brohoof 1

Gah, my ears are bleeding. I'm french canadian and I hate french dubs, they always sound horrible and out of character.

As long as we're on the subject, what about when Discord says "arrivederci" after hypnotizing Fluttershy? What does he say in the Italian dub?

Probably not really anything different, since the cutie pox thing is a setup to a joke and French is a different language to the English audience. She's speaking a different language? Haha

• Brohoof 1

Whenever you have a question about MLP's dubbing in other languages, odds are, other fans have the same question.  :)  A search on Youtube found this and shows how it was done:

"I speak the old French!"