Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New OC - Needs naming :3

~Chaotic Parsley~

Hey guys Parsley here,

I was messing around wth the pony generator to give me some inspiration for an OC which would represent myself (well kinda :P).

I have drawn the pony and am, as the topic title suggests, looking for a name for the young stallion.

Any and all suggestions will be taken into account :)

-Man i need to work on legs '-.-

post-10979-0-98104200-1358168783_thumb.png

post-10979-0-79038600-1358215566_thumb.png

Edited by Parsleyshy

We'll, I'll just have to say hands down that we need a bit more back story on him, and his interests and whatnot, to give him a more satisfactory name. Otherwise I think there will be too many names that focus on his physical appearance, and that doesn't always work.

• Brohoof 1

first thing that comes to my mind is Temper Steel. Temper, both referring to his angry facial expression AND the process called tempering in which iron is super heated (which would also make match with his burning mane) and purified into steel, and Steel because, well, he's steel colored. :3

or just name him Swag Bro.

that came to mind mostly cause my dad is soldering stuff in the garage right now. sparks and intense white light everywhere. i think i'm going blind. halp

Edited by crazitaco

I'm assuming this is one pony, when he's mad, and when he's tame (when I looked at the "angry" picture, I thought of him saying, "This isn't even my final form!")

To start it off, the style you used is nice (umm, you have a style, right? Or was this just an accident?) I like the fiery mane and tail on the first drawing. It looks kind of spiky, but cool nonetheless. The second one has a nice mane, too. Very Elvis-like, hee hee. The face expression on the first pony is creative (that's a good thing), and the red eyes especially make him look very, very angry. Speaking of detail, you did a good job on the wings, the way you made them kind of have two layers. 

Here comes the fun part (a.k.a. criticizing/judging/bashing your drawing and making you aware of every detail that went wrong), at least for me, not so much for you.

So. The body of the angry pony is quite edgy and makes him look fat, which I assume was not intended because then you would have added a double chin. The legs are okay besides the front left one, because the end of it (the hoof) is too thin. Make it thicker and it will look fine. Though I said the wings are fine (which they are), you've put them further back than they should be. To help you imagine where they should actually be, think of where a pony's shoulder-blades would be, then draw the wings there (might want to draw the shoulder-blades then erase them while drawing). 

The tame pony's body is mostly fine except for the neck (which is too thick and edgy, make the back curved in) and the flank (not round enough. Make it poke out less, like in the angry pony). The legs on the tame pony are okay in shape, not okay in size - if you drew a straight line that touched the back legs and was parallel to the ground, his front legs would be floating. Try making the back legs shorter. Oh, and again, with the wings - fine, but too far back on the body. Last, the tail on a pony usually starts out thin, just above where the anus would be, then gets thicker as it goes. With yours, it starts off very thick, then gets even thicker. 

And now that I've made you feel like crap (probably) in the last 2 paragraphs, I'm going to pat your head and say even the best artists have room for improvement and that your art is actually really good, despite the criticism.

Its a pretty cool OC actually, although the differences between the "angry" and regular forms is quiet different :P, it almost looked like two different ponys to me at first. A cool OC regardless :).

Hm. I'm not the best when it comes to names.. Rageblaze? Trotfire?

Yeah you see what I mean here? :P.

Anyways good luck with the naming, I also agree that it might be slighly easier with some backstory.

Good job on the art btw. :)

Hmmmm, after a lot of thought why not name the young stallion Hotstreak? or Flashfire? I kinda like Flashfire more tbh, then his nickname would just be Flash. rather than hot or streak, but hey man it's your creation, maybe you should give it some  more time before you go naming it?  You never know the answer might come in an unexpected way. 

I'm assuming this is one pony, when he's mad, and when he's tame (when I looked at the "angry" picture, I thought of him saying, "This isn't even my final form!")

To start it off, the style you used is nice (umm, you have a style, right? Or was this just an accident?) I like the fiery mane and tail on the first drawing. It looks kind of spiky, but cool nonetheless. The second one has a nice mane, too. Very Elvis-like, hee hee. The face expression on the first pony is creative (that's a good thing), and the red eyes especially make him look very, very angry. Speaking of detail, you did a good job on the wings, the way you made them kind of have two layers. 

Here comes the fun part (a.k.a. criticizing/judging/bashing your drawing and making you aware of every detail that went wrong), at least for me, not so much for you.

So. The body of the angry pony is quite edgy and makes him look fat, which I assume was not intended because then you would have added a double chin. The legs are okay besides the front left one, because the end of it (the hoof) is too thin. Make it thicker and it will look fine. Though I said the wings are fine (which they are), you've put them further back than they should be. To help you imagine where they should actually be, think of where a pony's shoulder-blades would be, then draw the wings there (might want to draw the shoulder-blades then erase them while drawing). 

The tame pony's body is mostly fine except for the neck (which is too thick and edgy, make the back curved in) and the flank (not round enough. Make it poke out less, like in the angry pony). The legs on the tame pony are okay in shape, not okay in size - if you drew a straight line that touched the back legs and was parallel to the ground, his front legs would be floating. Try making the back legs shorter. Oh, and again, with the wings - fine, but too far back on the body. Last, the tail on a pony usually starts out thin, just above where the anus would be, then gets thicker as it goes. With yours, it starts off very thick, then gets even thicker. 

And now that I've made you feel like crap (probably) in the last 2 paragraphs, I'm going to pat your head and say even the best artists have room for improvement and that your art is actually really good, despite the criticism.

Thanks for the critism dude ^^

I should probably have said in the beginning that is actually one of my first proper drawings...like ever xD, so wasn't expecting it to be perfect...well nothing ever is for some people :P.

The angry version is however supposed to be a tad bulky to add that extra sence of stallionism, i guess? However I agree with the wings needing to start further forward. With the tails, I understand where you are coming from however not all tails follow that trend :P especially when they are on fire (even tho it isn't..but you get my meaning xD)

Either way, always something to improve on :3

@Zygen + MeanBlackHawk

Loving the name suggestions which are being added to the name bank :3

I have created the base for the colt version, just need to hand draw it :) and then I had the perfect back story which I will need to write up (its situated around being kicked out of house/orphaned at young age (colt) and traveling equestria (kinda like scootaloo as he can't fly well to start with but learns enough by time he gets to new home) finally, exhausted, Luna (The Gamer :P) sees him and "adopts" (i guess?) him, Gaming becomes his cutie mark after finding out how good he is etc etc. And eventually it will tie in with a fan fic which I am creating :3

Thanks for the critism dude ^^

With the tails, I understand where you are coming from however not all tails follow that trend :P especially when they are on fire (even tho it isn't..but you get my meaning xD)\\

First of all, I'm a girl, unless you call everyone dude. Then it's fine  :lol:

Second of all, I meant the "calm" pony's tail is too thick, not the raging pony's. 

First of all, I'm a girl, unless you call everyone dude. Then it's fine  :lol:

Second of all, I meant the "calm" pony's tail is too thick, not the raging pony's. 

Oh I am very sorry m'lady. I often forget that girls are bronies aswel :3. Do accept my apologies. (And also ye tbh i do call everyone dude and shiz xD...can't remember how many times i call my sister "bro")

Also Ok ye the calm ponies is a tad thick, is the colts any better?

Oh I am very sorry m'lady. I often forget that girls are bronies aswel :3. Do accept my apologies. (And also ye tbh i do call everyone dude and shiz xD...can't remember how many times i call my sister "bro")

Also Ok ye the calm ponies is a tad thick, is the colts any better?

Much better, loyal subject. Much better. Though I can't see the entire thing because his wing is covering it (and if someone had put the wing higher up on the back, I would've been able to see the tail... ;D)

Much better, loyal subject. Much better. Though I can't see the entire thing because his wing is covering it (and if someone had put the wing higher up on the back, I would've been able to see the tail... ;D)

Huh? I was wondering about the colt (the younger one in top right :P) the other are Stallions heh

Filly --> Mare

Colt --> Stallion

Sorry for the confusion

Huh? I was wondering about the colt (the younger one in top right :P) the other are Stallions heh

Filly --> Mare

Colt --> Stallion

Sorry for the confusion

Oh! Right! Sorry! Yes, the tail is better but the wing should overlap the leg, not the other way around. Also the nose is a bit too long.

Not a bad OC but you should edit and learn some more about drawing like already mentioned above me mayby you should try drawing on a computer? For me, I'm real bad at drawing on paper but I'm not bad if I say so myself at drawing on the pc
But nonetheless practice makes perfect!

For the name

hmmm.... I hope you find a good one I also asked the community for a name and it became Shooting star! and I'm really happy with the name :)

How about.... hmmm....

BlazingFingers? I know it isn't great but it kind of resembles the heat his fingers give of when gaming at top speed :lol:

mayby you should try drawing on a computer?

One cannot simply draw on a computer without some sort of instrument to draw with.

Also loving all these name ideas, it is so hard to choose and it will definitely be something flaming and gaming :3

I am currently writing and backstory and this is what i've gotten so far:

Out in the far reaches of Equestria lay a small settlement of Unicorns and Pegasi who lived in congenial harmony. Amongst the ponies lived a young Pegasi who loved to go outside and play with his friends. His father was a powerful unicorn called FlameBeard, who had an act for fire based spells, using this power he works in the towns power plant, maintaining the steam pumps. His mother was a Pegasi called Gooseberry Pie who enjoyed to cook and grew her own vegetation in the families makeshift garden.

Our young colt had an act for tactics and was often called upon to come up with ideas for various activities. The downside to his personality (if you call it a downside) was his boisterous anger, which was uncontrollable at times, he however has been able to control his anger through mediation. Being the loyal component in the equation it often led our colt to find logical ways through arguments to prevent his fiery rage getting the better of him. 

One eerie night, our colt was looking at the stars and moon when suddenly a strange aurora     

One cannot simply draw on a computer without some sort of instrument to draw with.

Well I can draw without any sort of fancy instruments.... :(

the only thing I use is a mouse paint tool sai and photoshop(but not needed)

And I can't be the only person, at least that's what I think, just give it a try if you want for me it worked out pretty well

the only thing I use is a mouse paint tool sai and photoshop(but not needed)

Dear sweet Celestia you are talented. My problem would be I generally have shaky hands so it wouldn't help :| I'm looking into getting a "digipen", then I can do some awesome ones.

Dear sweet Celestia you are talented. My problem would be I generally have shaky hands so it wouldn't help :| I'm looking into getting a "digipen", then I can do some awesome ones.

I'm not that talented... this is my last work http://mlpforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=36752

But I just cannot seem to draw on paper and I envy you for that if someone forced me to show them my drawing skills here and now I would be hopeless without pc

Lol, excuse me dear sir but a lot of us cannot draw what you have drawn so please remember that some people are not as good drawing as others. (wink, wink). Basically I'm saying your a very good artist and to keep up the work. Don't say your not good if you actually have talent, cause then it makes me feel bad.... (I couldn't draw for all the ponies in Equestria. :(