movies/tv Breaking Bad or Walking Dead?

Techno-chan

My answer is neither, I'm just gonna stick with movies and TV that I want to watch that makes me happy.

↓  My more elaborate answer  ↓

I don't think I can watch either, I've been getting a stronger and stronger distaste for live action shows like the two mentioned in the thread, Game of Thrones, Orange is the New Black or House of Cards.  Because ALL I HEAR is how great the performances are.  Directing, cinematography and writing get mentioned somewhere in there as well.

Walking Dead is intriguing to say the least, focusing on the human aspect of surviving a zombie (walker) apocalypse.  Also the one moment where the sheriff (I forget his name) sees that half torso of a zombie so we can empathize with it; that I liked. However Walking Dead just doesn't hold my attention.  I find it weird that the guy with the crossbow gets all the love and attention when the sheriff should be the main focus.

Finally, why I have a distaste for the shows I mentioned (mostly excluding Walking Dead)?  The story.  I don't like the stories.  A chemistry teacher who sells meth?  A bi-sexual who gets arrested for drug money?  Dungeons and Dragons with the heaviest R rating?  I just can't get into any of these shows.  They sound extremely depressing and/or boring to me.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Breaking Bad. I think it is a lot more creative and well done.

The Walking Dead isn't terrible, But I think the show is a lot like the zombies in it. It just keeps on going and going and not really doing a whole lot. Breaking bad had a lot of unexpected twists and turns and really kept my interest.

With The Walking Dead, AMC owns/controls the whole production (as opposed to Breaking Bad) and are going to milk it as long as they can.

• Brohoof 1

The basic fandom of WD is composed of fans of the zombie genre. Those of us who like horror movies and Zombies and thrillers will be more inclined to choose WD. BB is more on the lines of crime drama and those who can't get enough CSI/law & order/ncis etc. Will be more inclined to choose BB. It's hard to compare the two because they are very different audiences.

Breaking Bad is much better.  It has much better writing.  I gave up on the Walking Dead when they had that episode where Laurie tried to abort a baby with the morning after pill. Prime example of bad writing. There is no way that would work! I couldn't tell if they were trying to write a stupid character or if they were just too stupid to understand how that stuff works.

The Walking Dead is no match for Breaking Bad. The former is good mindless entertainment while the latter has an engaging story with a diverse set of characters. In TWD, characters that I might not even remember the names to die haphazardly. In BB, very interesting characters die for a reason that pushes an elaborate plot forward.

The show was meant to end and Season 4.

Was that really the case? It was supposed to end with "I won"? Good thing it didn't.

• Brohoof 1

The Walking Dead. Easy decision for me. I've love the show, it's probably my one of my favourite TV shows of all time. The characters are great, the action is fantastic, and the story really is gripping. Looking forward to the second half of this season :D

I haven't seen Breaking Bad personally, but I've heard a lot about it. I'm tempted to watch it to see if it lives up to the hype.

Edited by Raritas
  • Brohoof 1

Breaking Bad had 5 excellent main seasons, and just started a brand new spin-off that's every bit as good as the original. It will be remembered as one of the greatest television shows of our generation, if not of all time.

Walking Dead had three mediocre seasons, a fourth season so unbearable that I couldn't even finish it, and a fifth season that I don't even want to touch. It will be remembered as a lazy, low-budget cash-in that treated its viewers like idiots and ran several years past its expiration date.

BB is more on the lines of crime drama and those who can't get enough CSI/law & order/ncis etc.

Never seen a single episode of Law & Order or NCIS. I watched one episode of CSI: Miami, and had to turn it off because the brazen idiocy gave me migranes.

Breaking Bad is nuttin' like the typical crime drama.

• Brohoof 2

Well I'm not really one to say which is better since I've only seen The Walking Dead. and I'm a huge horror fan, so I'd probably pick twd either way :P

• Brohoof 1

I quit Breaking Bad around Season 3 after I thoroughly lost interest in Walt.  I think Walking Dead has a much more engaging cast of characters.  To me, the story line is just so much more compelling.  The idea of a society in which the government has completely fallen and people have to make their own way and protect their loved ones is very appealing.  The zombies are merely an added bonus.  But then, I love post-apocalyptic stories.