NavelColt

51 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

That was by far the worst episode of Season 3. Even worse than magic duel to be quite honest, and even that I tolerated, the past half an hour has just dragged on and it didn't really feel like an MLP episode.

But I do have to admit, the friendshipismagic at the end made me smile.

Edited by MidnightInferno

Finally finished watching! It was pretty good, however I kept thinking this was a two-parter episode...then towards the end I realized it was single episode. But it turned out great, and I like how the plot turned out, and how much they included in one episode!

Kinda felt sorry for Discord. Fluttershy was his only friend....and I wonder how Discord is going to help Equestria. But I felt like this episode was a bit rushed and short, but then again, I appreciate how they could include all this in one episode. So I'll have to give them credit for that. However, I was kinda dumbstruck at how quick Discord became good...so I'm kinda disapointed. I wanted more info, and possible more interaction with the mane six. 

Edited by Pixiesong
  • Brohoof 3

Good episode overall, but the ending seemed too rushed. I dunno. I liked it up to the point he became reformed. Hopefully he isn't actually reformed... Reminds me of how Trixie apologized in Magic Deul.

Maybe it seemd a bit rushed, but I like to think Discord's sudden realization that he just had 0 friends, and Flutters was the only person to show him that attention,kinda made him desperate to regain her trust. 

• Brohoof 4

SPOILERS

For it's length, it was only ok. It really should have been a two parter to help flesh out the transformation. Plus, the beginning felt extremely forced. The rest of the episode was alright, and the ending was good. But overall, I think this COULD have been a fantastic episode. As it was.... it felt a little contrived, for the show's universe anyway.

Edited by Mr. Bojangles

I thought that this episode was cute.  Not the best episode ever, but it was cute.  My main complaint was that it felt really short.  Other than that, I think Discord was pretty much in character.  He was still pretty hilarious throughout.

• Brohoof 1

Im soo glad to have discord back. And what better way to end off the mini-break than with that XD

hmm now that discords "good", he'll be making more appearances :)

the only problem i had was with how controlled discord was, i mean yeah the elements of harmony are upon you, but you're the master of chaos, you should be able to do somthing! XD plus the elements take longer to channel than goku ssj3.

Well, Discord's "most of the time" comment shows that he has a little mischief left in him :)

Big Mac floating in a tub made my day.

The contest: The whole "Coronation" thing has me curious.

• Brohoof 3

Well that was a wonderful episode! I'm not sure I know which line he "delivered perfectly", but still... When he realized how important Fluttershy's friendship was to him... Ahhhh... :D

Also. "Oh, alright. Friendshipismagic."

Discord is obviously the evil chaos-loving equivalent of a brony hater. xD

I personally thought this episode was great. I was great to see the master of chaos return. I was amazed how Fluttershy remained so patient with him. In fact at the end she was just about to give up on him.

That was decent. 

However, I didn't agree with the mane 6 opinions. 

They were basically wanting to turn him back to stone because he was doing bad things still. 

Um...He's the element of chaos, you think it would take just 1 day just to fix him? 

Well apparently it did...

It was funny yes, but it felt weird. Everypony but fluttershy was mean and rude. 

Lastly, this pretty much is a big nope to any past Discord and Celestia friendship thing.

• Brohoof 2

I thought the episode was great. Comedy gold from Discord, as i expected, and I wasn't entirely sure how they were going to "reform" him. I did cringe when Twilight mentioned the existence of a reform spell, but I laughed out loud when I connected the dots and literally yelled "HE ATE THEM!"

While I was really expecting that he would just be like, "I just lost the one and only friend I've ever had....IDGAF, I'M DISCORD!" it wouldn't have really made sense otherwise. I mean, what was the other option, being stonified again?

Though I wish he messed with them at the very end just to show that he's still chaos-man extraordinaire. At least he mentioned that he would do good "...most of the time...."

Overall, I liked it. The statement of chaotic neutrality (or good, even) could have been more clear, and would have been more satisfying, but I still liked because at least he didn't go full on goody-goody.

• Brohoof 5

DISCORD + FLUTTERSHY BEST COUPLE

I was hoping I would not have to see this on this thread.

This was an alright episode, in my opinion. His reform was kind of rushed, as it seemed like his rebellion took the majority of the time and his reform seemed rehearsed. To add, the episode felt short overall, and I honestly thought that Hasbro would have a surprise second episode to this, because as I said, it seemed so short. However, I did like how they kept the characters in-character, especially Discord, and the plot in general.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, if you haven't noticed by the my first sentence in this post, I do not particularly like this couple and I hope it doesn't grab too many people's attention. If you plan to, so be it, this is just my opinion.

Edited by New Moon

I'm not sure how I feel about having someone as powerful as Discord on the side of good. Discord is basically a God when you think about it. He wants something to happen, and it pretty much happens. Makes everyone else in Equestria pretty redundant.

Yay, discord is redeemed :D. I actually found it believable, he didn't wanna lose the only person who was willing to be his friend, so he changed his ways. Great episode over all, also.........HE SAID THE NAME OF THE SHOW OMG OMGOMG OGMGOGMESOSGJMSDOGSMGSMGSNMGSODGMSGOSMSGS!~!!!!!

• Brohoof 2

-'Like a Sir' Discord has become canon

-Giving Angel a bit of what he deserves

-More trickery, insane amounts of hilarious gags, perfectly in-character Discord

-Discord being able to hear what people say inside his statue is now canon

-Intent to be evil again, but actually realizing what it meant to have friends, and how it may not be such a bad thing

-Not re-sealed. He can make future appearances

-Discord and Celestia interaction, in the flesh

-'Most of the time...'

That was a pretty well-done episode. I admit it felt a little rushed but at least a little bit of that is probably due to the initial reaction. I'm going to go watch it again in a short bit on Youtube, and I doubt it's going to be as bad as I thought it was. Altogether though, Discord is now more or less confirmed to be a good, most likely neutral character. He may be 'friends' with Fluttershy and the ponies now, but seeing as how his powers would lead to over-powered help all the time, I think the show will end up making him a neutral character who does as he pleases within the realm of acceptability, while retaining a relationship with the ponies.

I expect to see rants about how people want Discord's character to remain evil. Honestly, all I have to say is what I've said in detail here. Discord's character was doomed to a feedback loop if he remained a villain. This way, he can remain in the world, have further appearances, and best of all, character development, which some people have actually complained about him not having in the first place.

• Brohoof 16

AW YEAH!

Kick-ass episode! It did NOT ruin Discord, even in the slightest.

Fluttershy was really pushed to her limits here, and Angel righteously got knocked down a peg. And Discord was freaking hilarious!

Celestia, you one crazy mo-fo to let that beast run loose around Equestria!

I genuinely just did not really like this episode; I wasn't very fond of the idea from the beginning seeing as it was a Fluttershy episode, but the writing felt forced and mechanical, the humor was just meaningless and I can say now that I wish they hadn't brought back Discord at all.

5/10

Maybe I will rewatch it later when I am not fueled with two hours of sleep, it may be more appealing then