Bronies = cancer of the internet?

Sanic Screwdriver

First of all I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section :( Now I'm sure you all at one point have heard "Bronies/ My Little Pony is/are the cancer of the internet. However last time I checked cancer wasn't contagious :) your thoughts?

Edited by pokesonicfan11
  • Brohoof 1

It's a simple opinion. I don't really care if someone considers it to be the cancer of the Internet. When something spreads rapidly, it can easily be compared to it. I am learning about cancer right now, in fact. I don't think much of it.

Honestly, if people are still saying this, than it's really starting to get old. Both the phrase "Love and Tolerate", and "Ponyfag" are both two overused phrases. We don't really do anything, at least not too often. So for people to still call us the cancer of the internet, well, they're a little behind.

I've heard that one before multiple times. I know that everyone has different opinions on everything but society nowadays doesn't need to use excuses of stereotypes like "Oh ponies are for little girls!" or "Boys like waterguns, and girls like dolls" something along those lines. Oh the world we live in... >_>

• Brohoof 4

People are a cancer to this world. The same applies to the internet. 

No, Bronies aren't a bigger cancer to the internet(compared to other groups), at least most of them. Well, considering we actually don't look at the internet as a fighting ground (again, this doesn't apply to ALL bronies), but rather a place to enjoy communicating with others and the fandom, I would say we are the LEAST.

Edited by Retro✮Derpy
  • Brohoof 3

People use cancer analogies way too much. Soon people won't say "That's so gay." but "That's so cancer.". Evolution.

Honestly, why care about what some (likely ignorant) people say? Hope they get cancer.

Yeah, my jokes are so good they aren't even funny. 

No, bronies are not the cancer of the internet. As far as I'm concerned, the only cancer on the internet are people that say first on Youtube. We don't cause any trouble, but for some not so much.

• Brohoof 2

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

It's a simple opinion. I don't really care if someone considers it to be the cancer of the Internet. When something spreads rapidly, it can easily be compared to it. I am learning about cancer right now, in fact. I don't think much of it.

I agree with this as well, it's just an opinion. If they don't like My Little Ponies, it's not going to effect us at all.

We feel a certain way about MLP, and they feel another way about it. Just let them think what they want, while we play with our Twilight blankets and Fluttershy plushies. ;)

• Brohoof 4

The fandom has evolved and developed into nothing short of a movement that promotes positive communication, cooperation and general peace. Before that, the fandom was already chock full of creative people from writers to designers, and everything in-between. From someone who has no tolerance for it and would just like to slap a label on the fanbase, yes, I suppose it is a kind of internet cancer. But from an open-minded view, and a general view, it's an internet-based movement that's touched all corners of the internet through all kinds of art and non-art mediums.

• Brohoof 6

Is the Brony phenomenon the cancer of the internet?

Hmmm...

Absolutely! Cancer is a disease in which cells mutate into something new and abnormal, and if the internet (or the world in general) was a body (a grey, horrible, and joyless body), then bronies would be a rampaging plague of biblical proportions.

Side effects of Brony Cancer may include: rainbows, smiles, cupcakes, and an unbelievable tenacity in the face of adversity.

• Brohoof 9

I believe when they call us a 'cancer' they don't mean it in the sense that we're contagious.  They are seeing the internet as a singular entity with all of its inhabitants being the cells that make it up.  They see the bronies as the 'messed up' cells that didn't divide correctly and were not caught and destroyed.  That gave us room to divide until we became a gigantic mass that can't be dealt with naturally.

Actually, that's quite a good analogy.  Of course, they're using the word 'cancer' in the sense that we're killing the internet, but if you take out the negative implication of cancer I'd say that they're fairly accurate.

• Brohoof 5

Well considering the fact that Cancer is deadly, and bronies really aren't harmful at all(Most of them, most  of the time.) So I wouldn't compare it.

Honestly I find the whole *Cancer* thing as just a really terrible joke, plus its slightly offensive to myself since I have some history of cancer in my family. And it isn't funny. Nothing to be joked about.

People will think what they want, but the truth is if anything bronies make things better (most of the time, again some people do dumb things to to brony name) we have a very close community of caring people, and the show itself has alot of meaning to many people, some people it has saved their life! And if not the show maybe even the fandom itself has saved them. Not to mention all the super creative artists, animators, programmers, video makers, parodies, fanfics, music, all of it and more is simply astounding to witness all of the raw talent present in the fandom.

I still fail to see what really is so bad about the majority of bronies. I think its got alot to do with people meeting the bronies who give us a bad name and then people assume we're all bad.

Regardless, the cancer term is really dumb, it seems like a bad attempt at a joke in my opinion, and again I personally don't like it.

Bronies are a awesome community anyways, Idk what others say because they haven't seen it for themselves yet.

I blame it on the Brony Trollies giving the rest of us a bad name. You know, the "make everything ponies!" idiots that pester the living hell out of everyone else.

I get a lot of good feedback from folks on YouTube for insisting that we aren't all like that. It sucks to be an apologist, but being diplomatic means finding ways to make peace.

Failing that, we just hunt down those who use our fandom to troll and burn them in one great big bonfire. We can then enjoy cider and other treats as we dance the night away.

• Brohoof 1

Ignore those morons. Cancer jokes aren't funny, so what they're saying is invalid anyway. People on the internet can be seriously intolerant, but it's just best to ignore some people. A lot of bronies are good people, as well as alot of bronies are creepy weirdos. We're subject to the flaws of any other internet fandom out there. So, when people claim bronies are the "scum of the internet" they really need to take a look at themselves. I think the judgemental folk are the scum, but hey, that's just me. :)

If this is a cancer than I hope there is no cure, it has helped people with depression remember that there are still things worth living for. Encouraged a level of creativity that few can match and started along overdue discussion about gender rolls.

• Brohoof 1