Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Replacing songs on already uploaded songs.

Arkane

I think it might be useful.

Like.. when you upload a song.. like.. a WIP.. you can just change it instead of uploading another one and deleting the old one. I guess..

I'm sure there are many other reasons why I find this useful.. like.. I uploaded the wrong song @_@ or something.. :(

• Brohoof 1

This is a planned feature: http://mlpforums.com/tracdown/issue/109-allow-a-new-version-of-a-track-to-be-uploaded/

There is not much good reason not to allow a track to be updated in the future. As it is something that I don't expect to happen all too often, though, it isn't a high development priority. If you need to upload a new version of a track in the meantime, just let me know and I'll be happy to replace the file on the server manually. :)

• Brohoof 1

As it is something that I don't expect to happen all too often, though, it isn't a high development priority.

Just to chime in; given the general direction the feedback/critique system seems to be going, it may happen quite a bit more than you'd think, especially when the "featured artists" aspect of the site goes live.

Edited by DusK
  • Brohoof 1

This is a feature I'd love to see be implmented as it's very easy for wips to be updated or people want to remaster or fix things they've messed up in the past. Being able to do it automatically (like soundcloud allows) would be awesome. My 10 cents (inflation).