Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash's first Sonic Rainboom causing alicorn Twily

Arcanel

For those wondering what in the ever living world of Equestria am I talking about, follow me!

See, I mentioned this in the discussion thread about Magical Mystery Cure. Here:

And here I call upon all of the Rainbow Dash fans of the fandom. Because if what I said was true...then Rainbow Dash, helping Twilight gain her cutie mark, causing the filly to make the gigangic magic nova and which caused Celestia to garner Twilight as her student, could also be held as being indirectly responsible for Twilight becoming an alicorn.

Now, to explain this in a better light.

Rainbow Dash's first Sonic Rainboom was the cause for every mane 6 (including herself) to obtain their cutie marks. Now, this also pertains our adorkable ex-unicorn, now alicorn, purple pony. So with this in mind, this was the cause for Celestia garnering Twilight as her personal student and everything that happened afterwards.

Now, part of my headcanon indicates that after a few time of Celestia being with Twilight, as a teacher, she wanted to help her student reach her maximum potential, and as she saw that Twilight was on the same way as Starswirl, she thought she could become one and also sent Twilight to Ponyville for quite a few reasons. But... this is just my HEADcanon. Instead let's look at the facts.

So, if we are to see that the cutie mark of a pony is also their destiny somehow, then RD and her Sonic Rainboom helped Twilight gain her destiny, but of course, not reach it. However, it did set her "fate" so to speak. Thanks to Rainbow, everything that happened in Twilight's life well... happened. Had it not been for her, Celestia might not have come to see anything and... that would have been it. None of what happened in the show would have been valid. We all know this much. but, this includes Twilight turning into an alicorn, and also, a princess. Therefore, RD not only abled Twilight to acquire her cutie mark, but also indirectly helped to become an alicorn, and also to become a princess.

So........ what do you think?

Edited by Arcanel
  • Brohoof 9

I remember one joke about the rainboom but it's not coming to mind at the moment.

It makes sense and yeah Rainbow did seal the fate of her friends.  However I believe the angle that was used was to seal their friendships rather than Twilight's fate (a.k.a. possibly Twilight being a princess was never the original goal by Faust; my speculation).

Edited by Prismatic

Maybe. I don't think her making a Sonic Rainboom Directly caused her to be turned into an Alicorn, but I definitely think  that she would never have been able to become one had it not been for the SRB.

The Rainboom did seem to forge the connection between the Mane Six, and as they were vital in Twilight's ascension and studies of friendship then it does seem to follow. Interesting thoughts, thanks Arcanel. One of my favorite fanfictions explores the idea of Celestia taking on Rainbow Dash as a student because she performed the unifying Rainboom.

Ultimately this proves that none of the Mane Six could have come as far as they have without the support of the others :)

• Brohoof 2

The sonic rainboom only helped the Mane 6 help find their friendship and earn their cutie marks, even if they didn't meet each other yet. The rainboom helped them find their destiny, even when they didn't find it.

Basically, it did not cause Twilight in becoming an alicorn. Princess Celestia thought that Twilight has come a long,long way in Ponyville even if she didn't want to make any friends. Twilight accomplished what a great unicorn like Starswirl the Bearded couldn't, she was able to find friendship to complete the spell in the book. So, Sonic Rainboom was not responsible for the alicorn transformation.

• Brohoof 1

The sonic rainboom only helped the Mane 6 help find their friendship and earn their cutie marks, even if they didn't meet each other yet. The rainboom helped them find their destiny, even when they didn't find it.

Basically, it did not cause Twilight in becoming an alicorn. Princess Celestia thought that Twilight has come a long,long way in Ponyville even if she didn't want to make any friends. Twilight accomplished what a great unicorn like Starswirl the Bearded couldn't, she was able to find friendship to complete the spell in the book. So, Sonic Rainboom was not responsible for the alicorn transformation.

True, but DashForever did point out, that the Sonic Rainboom was the same thing that unified the paths of the mane 6. Without that, no alicorn nor princess becoming would have happened. No cutie mark for Twilight at that moment would have meant probable no visit from Celestia, and therefore, no going to Ponyville, and therefore no meeting the mane 6, and therefore, no adventures, no defeating Princess Luna and etc, etc, etc, and therefore no becoming a princess nor alicorn.

I added the word indirectly in my post to make it more clear. Was it the ABSOLUTE cause? Nope. But did it set to establish all that subsequently happened that finished in Twilight transforming in an alicorn, and achieving the position of princess? I believe yes.

• Brohoof 2

I figured everyone made this connection. As soon as I heard that there was going to be Twilicorn, that's one of the first things I thought of. "Wait a second... Doesn't that mean Rainbow Dash is responsible?" :P Guess not as many people thought of that.

Screw red bull, it's rainbows that give you wings!

This is a prime example of something I don't like about Dash. She always seems a bit OP... Just me?

Screw red bull, it's rainbows that give you wings!

This is a prime example of something I don't like about Dash. She always seems a bit OP... Just me?

Nope.

Pinkie Pie takes that spot with comparable strength to AJ and Dash, running speed on par with RD's flight, offscreen teleportation and hammerspace.

Twilight's magic is also more OP overall than anything Dash is capable of.

Nope.

Pinkie Pie takes that spot with comparable strength to AJ and Dash, running speed on par with RD's flight, offscreen teleportation and hammerspace.

Twilight's magic is also more OP overall than anything Dash is capable of.

Pinkie is used for comedy. That's her excuse.

Also this.

Twilight has limits. I haven't seen as many for RD. Simply - she breaks the sound barrier by flying on wings that are a part of her body, while Twilight can perform powerful magic, and she's the element of magic.

Well i guess if you really wanna connect that far back you could say that it caused Twilight to become an Alicorn, but really it was much more complex in my eyes, I honestly think that while her Rainboom caused the others to gain their Cutie marks(And him get his) there was alot of other events that lead up to it.

Its kinda like the base of a building. Rainbow setup the base of the building for Alicorn Twilight, but he didn't actually build the building. That was done by Twilight becoming Celestias student and being taught by her, Twilight's arrival to Ponyville, and the mane 6 befriending Twilight, then Twilight discovering the elements learning of how important friendship is, and then fostering these friendships and learning about them and magic to eventually become ready to become an Alicorn princess. All of these where like the building of the building or of Alicorn Twilight.

Thats the overly simplified version, but thats how I think of it. If they decided to never do anything with the base or didn't finish building the building Alicorn Twilight never would've happened.

But I suppose Twilight probably wouldn't have become Celestia's student and never become an Alicorn overall, but she wasn't like the sole reason for it or anything. She was a part that set things up, the base like I mentioned.

Just my thoughts. I'm not even sure how the Rainboom nessarily connected them in Friendship, I mean Rainbow and Fluttershy knew each other before this, and its never really stated that they somehow instantly knew each other after these events. Infact they stated they didn't know about this occurrence of Rainbow's until "The cutie mark cronciles" So Idk.

Again just my thoughts and opinions, I could be missing something who knows :P. I miss things all the time even after all the times I've watched the episodes.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

I honestly think that while his Rainboom caused the others to gain their Cutie marks(And him get his) there was alot of other events that lead up to it.

Who's 'he'? Rainbow Dash is a mare. :P

I like your little analogy you have there, it's actually pretty accurate when you think about it. :wub:

Edited by Swick
  • Brohoof 1

Though this could be true, looslely put, RD wouldn't COMPLETELY be the cause of Twilight being an Alicorn, it's mostly the cause and effect of Twilight's choices. So put in basic, Twilight AND RD are the cause of Twi being an Alincorn.  :)

Who's 'he'? Rainbow Dash is a mare. :P

I like your little analogy you have there, it's actually pretty accurate when you think about it. :wub:

Ugh *Facepalm* I'm so terrible with messing up pronouns. And it doesn't help with Rainbow being a tomboy :P.

Anyways, thank you for pointing that out, i fixed it :P. And thanks for the compliment :).

• Brohoof 1

From what I've seen the Rainboom is like a catalyst. Something that triggered the awakening of the Elements. The Elements would eventually awaken but it allowed them to happen early on. Either that or it excited their hormones and they hit puberty after witnessing it in many ways both cases are connected. The Elements of Harmony does shoot a rainbow blast as well so that could be connected too.

Maybe Rainbow Dash can project a similar element like the Elements of Harmony when she does it? We should also remember RD wasn't able to do the Rainboom unless it had to be done on a specific event. Like for the end of Canterlot Wedding or when she had to save Rarity.

Edited by poniesforfun

Most of you have already seen this.  But for those who haven't...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw1CEObbhyw

The sonic rainboom, which was a true superhuman (superequine?) feat for a small filly, is the event that glues all six together.  But if you watch Rarity and Fluttershy, their true talents were already revealing themselves BEFORE the sonic rainboom.  In my headcanon, this was the moment the Elements of Harmony chose these ponies to be their heirs.  This was a contemporaneous event.  But it was fitting that the rainboom got to be the one one visible phenomenon connecting all of them because Rainbow Dash is the most awesome pony.  :)

Back to the topic at hand, it was the support of all five friends that enabled Twilight to become an alicorn.  As great as Rainbow Dash is, she shouldn't get the credit for giving the others their cutie marks or their talents.  The first rainboom was beyond her natural ability and not of her doing.  She shouldn't get sole credit for making Twi a princess either. 

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 1