Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight foreshadowing

~Rogue~

Hey guys I just realized something (not sure if I just realized this or I'm just really dumb) but twilight comes in between dusk and dawn like twilight...the time of day...anyway she is between dusk and dawn.which is all controlled by Luna and celestia...damn good job of foreshadowing Lauren...I tip my hat to you...what are your guys thoughts on this...tell me if you find any other foreshadowing.

I don't know... See, I can't tell if it IS really them thinking things through, or if it's just a coincidence. I don't think she's a reskinned character from the other series like a few other ponies, and that she's an entirely new force. Maybe all this skepticism stems from the fact that I spend too much time lurking on the internet.

Good catch on the name, though! I haven't thought of it like that before!

Also in the first episode where twilight is talking to spike about nightmare moon in the equestria library she passes an hourglass. Look through the top half of the glass and as she walks past it a statue behind it turns into nightmare moon here are some pics...

post-12971-0-77211000-1361597730_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Twilight is named after a pony from the 80s show, and was supposed to actually be her until copyright meant she had to change slightly.  However, Lauren did plan on making Twilight a princess one day, but the name could have been a coincidence or planned, it's hard to tell.

I'm pretty sure Laura gave Twilight her name for the reason that it fit between Celestia and Luna, but I don't think she thought as far ahead as her becoming an alicorn.

Lauren Faust went on record as saying that she planned for Twilight to become Celestia's successor, so I'm pretty sure that becoming a princess was her idea. As for whether that included getting the wings along with it, that's not certain. As for the name 'Twilight', I don't think it was a coincidence at all, especially since her cutie mark is a star while Celestia/Luna have the sun and moon.

It still doesn't make me like it any more, though. I definitely don't like the idea of Twilight supplanting Celestia, though it seems inevitable.

• Brohoof 2

Faust definitely planned for this. I don't really see Twilight surpassing Celestia but, it was planned for her not to only be a princess but to be a successor from Celestia. I don't approve of it, but we have to live with it.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's uncertain whether she is actually going to be ruling anything. I mean, the changes could be merely aesthetic, but we can't be sure until Season 4 premiers.

Lauren Faust went on record as saying that she planned for Twilight to become Celestia's successor, so I'm pretty sure that becoming a princess was her idea. As for whether that included getting the wings along with it, that's not certain. As for the name 'Twilight', I don't think it was a coincidence at all, especially since her cutie mark is a star while Celestia/Luna have the sun and moon.

It still doesn't make me like it any more, though. I definitely don't like the idea of Twilight supplanting Celestia, though it seems inevitable.

Faust definitely planned for this. I don't really see Twilight surpassing Celestia but, it was planned for her not to only be a princess but to be a successor from Celestia. I don't approve of it, but we have to live with it.

I never mentioned anything about twilight surpassing Celestia. I do think that eventually she must. Not anytime soon though.

Twilight is named after a pony from the 80s show, and was supposed to actually be her until copyright meant she had to change slightly.  However, Lauren did plan on making Twilight a princess one day, but the name could have been a coincidence or planned, it's hard to tell.

Actually the Twilight for the 1st gen in the 80s is twilights mother in the now generation!

Actually the Twilight for the 1st gen in the 80s is twilights mother in the now generation!

Really? Wow. That's interesting.

But, more to the point, I wonder if there was any planning at all.

The whole "Sparkle" part of the name was totally supposed to be there.

But what about her first name? huh.png