Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Equestria Divided Roleplay

GreyScholar

@@Spell Shock,

@,

@@MagicalStarRain,  

Eternity - Manehatten - Under city - Random Tavern

"Okay. You a have one minute to Tell me Who The Hell You ARE, AND WHAT THE HELL YOU WANT!!"

Eternity teleported behind the pony from the other room.  He used magic to create another sword and he put it up against his throat. He was angry. Really angry. He didn't even realize he was shouting.

"Wait a minute. I recognize you. You are tat pony that was following us! What are you!? A Spy? Thief? Both? Who sent you here? I doubt  pony like you would be working by yourself!"

Eternity created another orb of light. He was preparing himself for whatever nasty tricks this guy had up his sleeve. He was not going to let this fool hurt them. He was even prepared to use some actually fighting Spells against him. His staff was by his side, ready to protect the mares from harm.

"I am not going to say it again. And I am not going to let you hurt them. So tell me who you are what you want. Or else!" He put the sword closer up against his throat, almost cutting it. But In truth, he didn't want to kill this pony. He would do anything to protect them, but killing is not something he would ever want to do... again."
Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

@@AnonBrony@@@Spell Shock,

House Whitegold – Manehattan – The Undercity

Unless his ears were tricking him and he was getting really old, that was a bird squawk from above. Can’t they keep their bloody birds under control here? Some ponies are trying to sleep. But the commotion didn’t end there, and soon Long Strides curiosity seemed to grow. It might be best to have a quick look, just to see if everything is okay. Leaving the bar counter he trailed his way up the steps towards the mares room. He was rather surprised to find the door open and within it a pony he recognized from earlier. Damn, he’s back.

Eternity flashed up behind him and held a blade to the intruder’s throat. Long Stride felt the need about this point to step in. He drew his sabre and held it forward towards Eternity. “Get of him.” He was rather surprised but complied. The battle scarred earth pony then turned his blade at the intruder. “Now…  you aren’t here to find me, that much I know. But what could you possible want with these mares? You aren’t working alone; you were hired for a job? Who employed you?”

(OCC: If Swift makes another move he’s probably going to have 30 inches of tempered steel run through him.)

Edited by The-Master
  • Brohoof 1

@@AnonBrony,@, @@Spell Shock, @@The-Master,

Star Rain - Manehatten - Undercity - Tavern

Star Rain remembered the sword she had taken from that soldier back in Hoofington that she herself had enchanted. She pulled out the sword(without the help of levitation) and got back into her fighting stance.

She eyed the rings in the intruder's hoof. She had no idea what they are or what they did, but an air of confinement enveloped her. The rings seemed to scream "captivity". Not taking any chances, she levitated her sword toward the intruder to knock the rings out of his hoof. But as if the sword and the rings were two opposite magnetic poles, the rings became attracted to the sword and stuck to it, blocking the magic she had infused the sword with. She drove it into the floor to get the rings off and succeeded, but then the rings reattached themselves to the sword and blocked out the magic in it again. She did it again and again, and they only stayed on the floor when she flung them off to a corner 10 feet away from where she was.

At that moment, she realized with horror what they did. They weren't attracted to the sword's metal- they were attracted to its magic! And they blocked out magic when they came in contact with the source! 

(OOC: If this is OP, which I get the feeling it is, let me know!)

• Brohoof 1

House Whitegold

Manehattan

Undercity-Tavern

Swift remained where he was, watching the competition facing him; the swords raised, the horns glowing...

At last the agent sighed, dropping his weapon. He was no fool; there was no way that he could defuse a situation such as this. It was over.

"Okay... I know when I'm beaten." Swift sighed with defeat, "I'll admit that I messed up a few times, but despite that you lot are too powerful a foe for one person."

Swift stood back from the steel of Long Stride's sword, watching the others wearily. "As you've probably guessed, I'm here for the three unicorns. I can't tell you who I work for, nor my employer's intentions for the targets. I guess that I just don't have the skill for a mission of this size, especially with the addition of the earth pony."

Swift eyes the room window, on the wall behind him, then decided against escaping through it. Chances were, that he wouldn't make it that far...

Besides, where would he go? Return to his base empty handed, and finally prove his lack of talent to the agency?

"So," Swift continued eventually, "why are you helping them earth pony? I assumed in these times of xenophobia that a soldier like you would view such ponies as enemies..."

Shaking his head, Swift returned to the main matter at hand.

"So, there's not much that I can do at this point except appeal to your better nature... though I'll assume that you probably won't have that."

Swift stood, waiting for a response from the enemies ahead of him.

@@@MagicalStarRain@@AnonBrony@@Spell Shock,

House Whitegold - Manehattan - The Undercity

“Because they remind me of my family!” His sudden outburst caught many by surprise, especially the stallion himself. He tried to play it off as if he had said nothing, but his words still lingered in his own mind. It felt like waking up from a long disturbing dream, only the real world was so much worse. He managed to shake the thoughts from his mind, focusing instantly on the task at hoof. “Give me one perfectly good reason why I shouldn't just kill you, because right now the odds aren't really in your favour. I suggest speaking quickly.”

As much as he would have killed to be rid of this filth he couldn't  not in front of them. Slowly he felt his sword lower until its tip tapped the ground. He wasn't going to kill him. “Have it your way then.” Long Stride lifted his sabre and slid it back into its sheath. “Appeal to my better nature before I decide not to listen.” He looked back towards the other mares in the room, a slight sense of calm slowly passing over him, the tension he had built up slowly eased. Those birds proved to be of some use, even if they were rather annoying.

• Brohoof 1

House Whitegold

Manehattan

Undercity-Tavern

"Well, well, well..." Swift smiled, "maybe you're not all bad after all..."

He stepped forward a little, confidence returning slowly.

"As for why you should let me live, well that's an easy one. In case you hadn't worked it out, I'm a Whitegold agent, the spearhead for this mission. If I don't come back alive, then they won't bother sending another agent, they'll send military forces instead. I doubt that Rarity would normally bother wasting such resources on a group like you, however you know how much she hates to lose..."

Swift's shark-like smile widened.

"She wont let you escape without throwing resources at you, so let me ask earth pony... Do you really want to subject the ones who 'remind you of your family', to a squadron of the Whitegold military? You're all good fighters, but even the best can be outnumbered."

This was it! The previous feelings of defeat were vanishing, replaced by confidence. This toughened earth pony had just revealed his weakness! 

Alongside Swift's escape ticket...

"If you allow me to live, then I can give you a head start to run, a fair chance to escape with your little group. If not... then good luck fighting something much stronger."

Who'd have thought, that the earth pony actually cared for the others... In a way, it was nice that even the hardest warriors still had kindness engraved within them, deep down.

Maybe there still was hope, for an end to all this violence.

(OOC: Stupid tablet! I can't mention people and I can't underline or use italics!)

Star Rain sighed in relief that the intruder was in no position to fight now. However, she had a question or two. "But why would Rarity want us? And why do you have those rings? To be honest, I think you were sent on a suicide mission judging by how inadequately they equipped you," she asked, very inquisitive at the moment. She then gestured to Athens that the situation is alright now and that he should calm down.

What really surprised her though was that Long Stride actually bothered to come at all. And did he really say that we reminded him of his family? It was super disbelieving for her, that's for sure. He didn't seem like the family- type of stallion, but he might've had one before. So why is he so cold most of the time?

She looked to the rings that she flung into the corner. With the intention of destroying them, she moved toward the rings with her horn glowing as she charged up a magic blast. Unfortunately, she forgot that they were attracted to magic and shuts off magic when they come into contact with the source. She accidentally scattered two of them and they slid toward the intruder. As for the third, it became attracted to her magic and it fitted itself perfectly onto her horn. The cyan aura disappeared as she lost her ability to perform magic. She gasped as she felt a shock that took away her magical abilities and brought her to the floor unconscious. Athens began to shriek again.

• Brohoof 2

@,

@@MagicalStarRain,

@@The-Master,

@@Spell Shock,

Eternity - Manehatten - Undercity - Tavern

"Long Stride!?" He yelled when the earth pony came into the room. "Wha-? Why?" Why in the name of Celestia is he here!? He would of continued speaking but he let him push him aside. He lowered his sword as Long Stride pointed his at the pony. He was angry at him for intruding but even more angry the pony who attempted to kidnap them. He was about to yell at that pony but all of sudden his mind and attitude changed when Long Stride outbursted his true feelings about them.

"Long Stride..." He said a bit silently to himself. So that is why. He didn't want to leave us alone. So even this guy still has some kindness in him. That's... good. Even an Earthborn Warrior can have a heart. Maybe even a ruthless Unicorn tyrant... The agent continued to speak. Saying why they should let him live. He was not liking what he heard. This agent was playing us like pieces on a Chess board. But one word ringed in Eternity's ears. He smirked.

"Heheh. Under all that arrogance. You managed to let one name slip. Rarity. So she employed you? Typical. Of course she would. Probably going to sell us-." He was going to mention Twilight but knew he shouldn't. Then the agent would know why they are wanted. "So how about-" He was cut off again. He was going to negotiate but all of sudden Star fainted out of no where. She was playing with those damn rings. He was going to use those to capture us. And she got caught in one herself.

"Star!" Eternity tried to rush over to her side to make sure she was OK.  He attempted to get the ring off but these rings hurt him. He tried to resist the pain."What are those rings!?" What he didn't know was that they were moving towards him slowly.

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

House Whitegold

Manehattan

Undercity-Tavern

"Watch out," Swift exclaimed, "The rings are attracted by magic!"

He placed a foot on the ground, stopping the ring from attaching itself to Eternity.

Turning to the others, Swift lowered his head. "I don't know how to remove the inhibitors... I assumed that they'd be removed upon your capture, I wasn't told exactly how they worked."

Swift wasn't sure why he was helping the targets, why he was throwing away a chance to capture them.

Maybe it was because of something that the immobilised unicorn had said, about... this being a suicide mission...

Surely the director would have had the foresight not to send one agent to capture multiple foes... Could all this have just been to test the target's power? Was... was Rarity using him because of his foolish behaviour at the performance hall?

The ring beneath his feet stopped moving, and Swift kicked it to the corner again, where it settled limply.

"I know one thing, attempting to remove the ring manually will only make it worse..."

((@@AnonBrony, I had a PLAAAN. I wanted to use it...aw. Oh well.))

Confused - Painting

Pinkie Pie lifted her head slowly, groggily. She looked around and shivered. "What-" She stopped mid-sentence as pain twisted her dry mouth that, for some reason or another, had metal brackets in it. Her throat had not one drop of liquid in it. She barely managed to croak, "Water..." She looked up from where she lay and saw a large stallion standing over her, a freakish grin on his face. She quickly shut her eyes, partly from not wanting to look anymore and partly from dryness. She clutched at her stomach, too hungry for words, and found that she had clothing on.

I don't understand, she thought. One minute, Twilight is trying to turn me into an alicorn. Then...where am I? Who is that stallion? A second voice then sounded in her head, this one more sinister.

You are in a land of paint.

You did more that day than just faint.

The Artist has you in his control.

These long years of war have taken their toll.

After hearing the voice, Pinkie stiffened, as if frozen to her spot. Tears of fear and pain would have streaked down her face had she not been so void of liquid. Who...who are you?

I am the Laughing Mare.

Forget me? Don't you DARE.

Edited by TheSonicAlicorn

@,

@@MagicalStarRain,

@@Spell Shock,  

He wasn't sure why this pony stopped the inhibitors from capturing him but none the less he became furious. He stood up and controlled his staff with magic.

"Don't know how to remove 'em huh?" Eternity levitated his staff and used it to pin the earth pony up against the wall. "Oh You better remove that ring right now or so help me I will-!" The ring flew up to him since he was using magic. He caught it with magic. The ring remained floating in midair wile Eternity was holding it back, but it caused him immense pain. He began to wince in pain but tried to hold it back. He closed his eyes and clenched his teeth and continued to hold the pony up against the wall except harder. When his eyes opened you can see a blinking flash of green light come form them every once and a while. He horn was glowing immensely and you could see sparks of magic shooting from it. He then whipped his head back and screamed as he through the magic absorbing ring out the window shattering it.

No doubt others were hearing this. Eternity huffed and puff and breathed heavily. He just stopped an magic absorbing ring... with magic.

"Now." He pushed the pony again against the wall. "Remove that ring off her." Eternity said seriously towards the pony.

(OOC: Sorry if there is no way for you to escape right now. Maybe you can think of a way. But I recommend trying and sneaking away with Star if you can. At least you would have one pony to bring back.)

-------------------------------------------------

@,

(OOC: Sorry but what did you expect the Artist to do. Let the body rot? He needed to speak with the leader of the Cult. And not some stupid Prophets. He needs The Laughing Mare. And if you had a plan for the Mare and Pinkie, she sin't impermanently alive. Once she is out of the painting she is dead again. Unless... Nevermind. Lastly it was up to you whether Pinkie would speak or not.)

The Artist - Painting

"Oh goody you are awake! Oh you are thirsty? Here's some water." The Artist poofed up a glass of water for her to drink and handed it to her.

"Now Who am I Speaking too? Pinkie Pie or the Laughing Mare?"

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

House Whitegold

Manehattan

Undercity-Tavern

Swift sighed with irritation, pushing Eternity away.

"Are all unicorns so hot blooded?!" the agent muttered, "I just told you, they can't be removed! I assume that there's an unlocking spell, a certain wavelength that will relinquish the ring's power... but the only ones who will know the correct spell are those waiting for me to bring you in as targets."

Swift stared sombrely at Eternity, speaking calmly and clearly.

"I know that you're angry," he gestured to the others, "that all of you are angry... but anger won't resolve this. Unless one of you happens to be an adept mage with enough knowledge to crack the seal, then there's nothing that we can do."

Swift thought for a moment, watching Star carefully. At last he returned his attention to the others, "If I were you, then I'd just let her go. I don't know how long the effects of the ring will last for and while unconscious, she'll only slow your escape. I'll take her as my prisoner, make sure that the ring is removed."

He looked Eternity in the eye, "I promise that I won't let anything happen to her. Call it a thanks for letting me live..."

Swift turned his attention to Long Stride, "or perhaps call it an unwillingness to let that kind streak within you die."

Swift shook his head, sighing again. "I have no idea why I'm helping you, so if I were you, then I'd take advantage of it. Seems like you don't have much choice either way..."

The agent addressed the whole group now, confidence returning to his voice.

"So, what'll it be?"

@,

@@Spell Shock,  

@@MagicalStarRain,

@@The-Master,  

Eternity's eyes started to zoom around the room. He wasn't sure what to do. He was still breathing heavily. He would of said yes and go with him to make sure she is OK but that would be exactly what he would want. And they would fall into his trap. And then Spell, Lightning, and Long Stride would be captured as well. He couldn't risk the lives of anymore ponies. He had to make a difficult choice. Not letting her go with him and risk her not waking up forever, go with him and risk them all getting hurt, or just letting him taker her, and there would be a chance they would all be OK.

He closed his eyes. He continued to think. And then he looked at Star. He frowned and then he finally gave his answer while turning his head away.

"Fine. Take her. She better be OK the next time I see her." He looked away from them. He had to choose that. It was the only way to make sure they all would be safe. But. He wasn't just gonna Trust this pony. He would go after her, but not with him. He would leave tomorrow and find this pony and her and take her back. He would rescue her. He is not just gonna let Rarity get her greedy hooves on his Star Rain. "Just. Take her. And get that ring off her. And make sure she doesn't get hurt." He then left the room and went back to his walking with his head down. He was not happy, but he had to do it.

House Whitegold – The Undercity – The Tavern

Long Stride drew his sabre out once again and held it towards Swift’s neck. No more pity, no more sympathy, only anger. “Eternity, don't you dare. Maybe if I were foolish I would believe you, but you've caught me in a rather bad mood right now. Rarity could send all the thralls of Manehattan upon us for all I care; just to be rid of you I would gladly accept it.” His sword seemed to draw closer to his neck with each passing second he tarried, the blade now pressed up against his coat.

“Spell, do you still have the bracelet? Put it on and try and get the rings off. It should work, just trust me.” That old thing had managed to get around magical wards before, hopefully it would work this one last time. “And if you don’t mind…  I would very much like to silence this bastard.”

House Stormwing – The Road South

The escort departed on Scootaloo’s word, turning back home. The sun was now setting on the land, the dry fields ahead shining a deep gold, the Everfree glistening like a forest blaze. They were in the right place. “We need to get moving. We can’t be caught out in the open at this hour. Let’s try and pick up the trail they left and follow it. We’ll try and find camp on the way.” The mission was simple but tricky, to find the ponies that had escaped the Everfree Forest. They might be survivors from Cloudsdale but there was no possible way of confirming this without finding them. They were travelling south when the scouts spotted them, avoiding the road and keeping out of sight. They would need to track them across country side.

“Fixit, you know these parts better than most of us, stay up front with me. Orange Lightning, try not to get separated from us. We need to be quick about this so don’t lag behind. First let’s try and find where they started and follow the path from there. We should be able to follow it until we have a good idea where they’re going.” The young mare took to her wings, leaving the other two behind as she glided towards an rather unique rock formation where the scouts had spotted them. Lightning followed close behind and Fixit had no choice but to gallop after the Pegasi. Scootaloo was quickly on the trail, noticing the rather unique hoof prints they had left behind.

“About a day ago they were here, a small company, no more than four. They seem like mostly Pegasi, but there’s one set of prints I can’t make out. They’re almost like…  deer. We have to investigate. We may have more on our hooves than we first anticipated. The trail leads south west. Let’s keep going until we reach a place to rest for the night.”

• Brohoof 1

@Silverpoint345,

@Spell Shock,  

@MagicalStarRain,

@The-Master,  

Eternity took the sabre from Long Stride using magic. "Long Stride. Stop. No violence. No Pony is dying." He said calmly and seriously.

"It is our only option. If we don't let him take her she may die. If we take her ourselves with him we may all die. If we let him take her... she may live. I rather go with the third option." And turned to Spell. "The bracelet won't work. These rings absorb magic. Your bracelet does practically the same. Almost reflecting it. It wouldn't work. The rings are sealed on her now. Only a certain Spell can release the seal. I'm Sorry."

He turned back to Long Stride "I know you acre about her but so do I! If we want her to live we have to do as this pony says. I knew there was good in you, and I was right. Even if you did murder that mare. There is still hope for you. And maybe there is hope for this pony as well. Besides..." He then whispered into his ear. "We can go after Star tomorrow and get her back in the Inner City. Maybe then you can kill any pony you please." He stopped whispering and gave back his sabre. "No pony is dying. She better live agent" He said again looking back at him.

• Brohoof 1

@@AnonBrony@,

House Whitegold – The Undercity – The Tavern

In a sort of unforeseen rage he kicked through the wall next to Swift, taking little care for what damage he did. But then he noticed the weapon which he had dropped earlier upon his own surrender. He contemplated the idea of using, finally putting an end to this cretin. No, he couldn’t. It seemed he was only left with one choice. “Fine, keep your life for what it’s worth. But you have not seen the last of me.”

Now Long Stride’s attention shifted to the fallen Star, but this only served to get him angrier than he was before. “I hope you’re sure about this Eternity, I don’t trust that pony as far as I could throw him.  But it seems we are out of options. I’ll let him go but tomorrow I’ll get her back. And if it’s the last thing I do I’ll kill this bastard.”

He got up and turned back to the still pinned Swift, giving him a glare that could kill a fly at thirty paces. “Looks like we have an accord. Take her and get out of my sight before I change my mind. Don’t you dare go back on our deal.”

• Brohoof 1

@@MagicalStarRain,

@,  

Spell and Lightning Shock - Manehatten UC - Random Tavern

Spell would nod and take the bracelet out of hiding place, placing in on herself, she would use some of her know how to too study the ring. She would make all precautions to make sure there are no other rings, she would even add more goo she had on her horn to it. Yes, she still had that goo on her horn from before, which would probably help. She was very careful, you never know with sneaking people.

- “Stop babbling you. I actually do not know if my particular resonance of magic attracts those darn things, it’s a little bit different from the most reactions. I will try it once, since I believe the one thing I do not really want to happen might happen, if I to try more when once”

No one, even lightning really understood to the fullest what she meant as she would try to use the bracelet to remove the ring from Star. Even Daawn flies and sat on Spells head, glaring at the ring, though no one could really tell why and for what exact reason.

- “So, Rarity wants to meet us, eh?” – Spell asked – I’m pretty sure our humble creative skills could get us somewhat similar rings, just without the… the qualities. IF I could get it off. I’m quite honestly curious what she wants with us, but I would rather not go to her without some kind of element of surprise.”

She still would try it, not because of bracelet, not because she was asked, but because she was curious. As you might know, I specified what her magic has a different echo, flux, type if you want to say. Not all the spells are the same. So yeah, she would try to.

First she would start heating the ring up, until it would be really hot, when she would start cooling it up rapidly, Daawn lend her a feather for it actually. A cold feather would start reacting with a hot ring and when Spell would try to pull it off with magic.

//Basically, he can "take them in" with fake rings, instead of just well being delt with. because he pretty much failed if he would take just her. 
  • Brohoof 1

House Whitegold

Manehattan

Undercity-Tavern/Director's Office

Swift ground his teeth, watchful of Long Stride.

"I'll do everything within my power to ensure her safety," he said at last to Eternity, walking to the limp form of Star.

"I'm grateful for your trust... as little as it may be."

Catching hold of Star, Swift pulled her to the window, opening it with a kick. Before he left, the agent turned to Long Stride, smiling calmly.

"And by the way... I resent being called a bastard."

With that, he was gone.

Swift carried the limp body on his back, showing surprising strength for such a slender pony.

It hurt him to know how much the others hated his presence, how if it hadn't been for his appearance then none of this would have happened.

Then again, it was all part of the job. If your profession involved sneaking and backstabbing, then you were bound to be hated.

Reaching the outer city, Swift ignored the glances of surprise from the surrounding citizens, calming approaching guards with an announcement of;

"I'm an agent."

It was all they needed, the soldiers lowering their weapons reluctantly.

Swift hoped that his theory had been right, that the release spells lay within the prison... otherwise Spell's capture would be meaningless.

Reaching the military district, Swift carried Star carefully to the 03 base, slipping inside.

He descended to the basement, carrying Star into the small holding room beneath the base...

And to the wardens within.

"I was capable of capturing one unicorn. Rarity wants her in good shape, so if I were you then I'd release that inhibitor quickly..."

As they did so, Swift quickly ascended to the top floor of the 03 base, bursting into the director's office with his usual extravagance and arrogant tone.

"I was only capable of capturing one of the unicorns sir... you never mentioned that they would be armed..." he announced casually, "the others managed to fight me off. I believe that they will have long escaped from the city sir... we'll have to make do with the one I captured."

Swift was nervous... if this plan was to work, then he'd need to play what he said carefully.

"She is in the holding cells below, however she's a lively one. By now I'm used to the tricks she has... I think that it's best if I accompany her for now, make sure that she doesn't trick whoever is guarding her.

Edited by Silverpoint345

(OOC: Sorry but what did you expect the Artist to do. Let the body rot? He needed to speak with the leader of the Cult. And not some stupid Prophets. He needs The Laughing Mare. And if you had a plan for the Mare and Pinkie, she sin't impermanently alive. Once she is out of the painting she is dead again. Unless... Nevermind. Lastly it was up to you whether Pinkie would speak or not.)

((Ah. Thanks!))

ConfusedThe Cult of Laughter- Painting

After splashing a bit of water in her eyes, Pinkie Pie downed the whole glass. "I.." she began, regaining her breath after taking so many gulps of water. "I'm Pinkie Pie. Who are-" A green light glowed from her eyes and they disappeared, revealing hollow sockets, which also glowed, and Pinkies' mind was pushed back to her subconscious  startled and afraid. A voice slithered forth from her mouth.

"Speaking is the Mare of Laughs.

Why have we crossed paths?"

The Mare closely inspected the Artist, slightly impressed by his psychotic demeanor, although it did not show through her poker face. She then walked around, prancing even, once again getting used to moving in Pinkies' body. As she did, she pondered the intentions of the Artist, although she did have a few suspicions.

((Not doing the rainbow this time))

House Artist -  The Cults' Fillydelphia Hideout - The Laughing Mares' Chamber

Tondrak sat atopthe coffin of the Laughing Mare. When, he thought, if ever, am I getting my book back?

@,@@Spell Shock, @@The-Master, @@AnonBrony,

Athens tried his best to wake Star up, but his attempts failed. Tired, he settled down, panting. 

He then got mad at Eternity for letting that pony go with his friend. He tried to go after them, then a strange thought entered his mind. Star would've wanted this. She would've wanted me to stay safe... He wasn't too confident though, imagining how angry Star was going to get after all of this was over. Now, he has no choice but to follow Eternity, Spell, Lightning, and Daawn.

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Military district - 03 base - Director's office

The director looked up in surprise at the arriving agent. He was beginning to worry that he was going to fail his mission, but it looked he partially succeeded at least. "Good. I shall notify Rarity at once and she'll be sure to reward you," he said to hide his disappoint in the agent because he failed to capture all of them. Oh well, the one he captured is going to have to do...

"It will not be necessary for you to guard the unicorn. The subject will be sent to the special Arcanist facility in the arcane district. Now go and rest. You've had a long night," he said, shutting the agent out.

He then took a sheet of paper out and wrote to Rarity, notifying her of their partial success. He gave the message to a messenger and the messenger bolted out of the base and toward the tower.

Star Rain - Manehatten - Military District - 03 base - Star's holding cell

The wardens had orders to not remove the ring, so they ignored the agent. They hoofcuffed Star Rain and locked her up in her cell. Her saddlebags were left behind in her room, so she didn't have anything that could be confiscated. 

What happened... Where am I... Eternity... Spell... Lightning... Daawn... Athens... ........Nana... Star Rain was slowly coming to. She began to hear her thoughts again and after a couple minutes in her cell, she woke up. The first thing she saw was bars and a grey floor. Am I... trapped?! She got up and tried to charge up her magic, but nothing happened. She reached up to feel her horn and all she got was a shock. She gasped at the shock, unaware that she was trapped by the ring she tried to destroy. She got up to try and bang on the bars, but she tripped and realized she was also cuffed. "CAN SOMEPONY TELL ME WH- " she didn't get a chance to finish, because one of the guards walked in and put a gag on her. He also chained her to the wall so that she doesn't hurt herself. 

She desperately wanted to scream, but the gag kept her from doing so. She wanted to damage the bars so that she could escape, but she was chained and hoof cuffed. She wanted to magic her way out, but the ring absorbed her magic. In all ways possible, Star Rain was trapped.

• Brohoof 1

(This is going to mostly be a filler post, meaning it will close up some loose ends and generally give me something to do.)

House Everfree: The Everfree Liege and Zecora the Witch Queen (I am considering renaming this into a new faction. Give me your opinions. This being because the true House would consist of Fluttershy and those loyal to her, where-as the Liege is sort of his own thing. Edit: It also occured to me that portions of this section are similar to Dead Space. Weird. I had to avoid the word 'convergence' on account of that.)

The Liege eventually had to reign in Zecora, much like how the master of a small yappy dog will occasionally have to jerk on the leash to make said pet calm down. While his armies were rather fearsome here and now, attempting to chase down a bolting pegasus would be foolish. Trying to snap at the hooves of the retreating Earthborn forces was much the same. While his agents could operate independently to a degree, the process that had made them obedient and deadly also hindered them. Except for Zecora, he was currently lacking in able-minded commanders that could take command when he was too far away to directly influence the matter.

Though most mortals would have found the escape of his prey, the desertion of Fluttershy along with those loyal to her, and the subsequent power-gap she left behind infuriating; the Liege had worked many years to get this far. Momentary interruptions were expected, if not welcome. So, for the moment he reigned Zecora back into the forest along with his forces. There, he was working on the entire purpose of this whole enterprise. He had no desire to rule Equestria, or even the whole world. Immortal beings such as he would simply exist, while mortals flowed around their heels in the unceasing tides of history. The last century, in particular the last fifty years had changed things significantly. For the majority of time, history changed with all the speed of icebergs floating over the sea. But, much in the same way, occasionally the structure of history would give way and collapse in a torrential flow of changes within a short span of time. He believed the latter situation was akin to a mud-slide, ice-flow, or avalanche. The former was the only of the three he had been physically present to witness.

So, what would motivate an immortal entity to interact in the mortal plane? The Alicorn Princesses had their own desires: those of both love, kindness, and pleasures only flesh could bring. But the Liege, in the most simple way, did not need or even want any of that. Managing the affairs of those below him was merely a means to an end. Twilight Sparkle sought to ascend to the Astral Plane and become immortal herself. That was an admirable goal, however foolish it might have been. From the Liege's own experience, the ruthless entities that held court over that universe would descend upon her like wolves and destroy her utterly even if she happened to succeed in her endeavors. There were beings in the Astral Plane and beyond which were far bigger than her, gargantuan in comparison to the Liege himself, and they constantly fought over power. Should a speck like her make her way there, the only thing she would find was greed, hunger, and pride.

Whatever mortals thought of him, the Liege was not inherently evil. Certainly, his actions to enslave the mortal races were not those of a fair or just mind. But when he had told Fluttershy that the Well of Those Passed was a sanctuary from the pains of the mortal world, he had not been lying. What he had neglected to tell her was that what lay beyond, at least for the souls of most mortals, was far worse than anything the land of the living could produce. While the Well caused pain and anguish for those trapped within, it was better than passing on. For when one's soul passed the threshold of the Astral Plane, a mortals soul was consumed by the warring powers there, utterly destroying their entire existence. While the Flayer Cannons brought pain to those that survived its touch, its purpose was much different. To instantly have one's body disappear from existence was far preferable to a slow death brought on by age and sickness.

So, what did he seek to do? He had not thought of a set name for it, as that would lean towards a mad tyrant instead of a benefactor. If he had put a word to it, it probably would have been 'The Consolidation'. The base principle was fairly easy to understand. Mortal souls, whether living or past, tended to group together. Perhaps those who ruled the Astral Plane were merely the combined mind of the souls they absorbed. Whatever the case was, when a large number of souls passed at the same time and general location, they would form a singular entity; which often had malicious intentions if the deaths had been caused by malice, strife, or so forth. So, if all of the souls passing from the mortal world could be with-held, only to be released at an appointed time, they would form their own entity. One which was hopefully strong enough to bring the Lords of the Astral Plane to heel. With the ultimate goal being the end of the cycle of infighting and unsatiable hunger which defined the Astral Plane.

However, he had been side-tracked much. Despite his efforts, he could not influence the mortal world on his own in a manner that would accomplish his goals. Seeing the power vortex left by the departing Alicorn Princesses; he had seized the chance to spread his influence. The rival Houses provided a constant supply of departing souls, which were somewhat easily lured into the Well of Those Passed. Unfortunately this had the side effect of causing pain to those captured, do the fact that they could feel all that happened to their bodies, even after their flesh had long rotted into dirt. Some were lucky. Their bodies were burned or eaten, a momentary horror which would be replaced by the rather numbing feeling of being dirt, or nutrients in a tree. However, those that were part of the Cult of Laughter or similar situations would continue to suffer until their bodies were destroyed. So he made his way into the earth, to gaze into the Well itself and see how many more would be required for his goal to be completed. The answer was not one he liked: over twice the number that were held within. It seemed his time in the mortal plane was going to last a while longer.

(edited)

@@The-Master

House Stormwing - The Road South

"Hey now sweetpea you don't have to tell me twice." Orange lightning said, with a comedy style tone flying close to Scootaloo, he too notice the set of prints heading down south west. But then to Orange Lightning something else came up as they traveled down that path. Orange Lightning stopped and lifted his nose up, sniffing the area. "Ey Scoots, can you smell that? I smell burning...Or is that just me? " He asked Scootaloo, turning his body and head as he had no idea where this 'burning' smell was coming from. Since the troubles at Cloudsdale Orange Lightning devoted more time to honing his skills, and he decided to wear the thunderer's set of armour and weapons.

Orange Lightning moved slower and slower down the South West trail, his nose was picking up the smell of burning, it was rather unusual, but at least it was going down the right path. "Where is it coming from?" Orange Lightning asked, looking at Scootaloo with a shrug. "You have any idea what it is, and where is it coming from? Its a burning smell that seems I don't know...odd. I mean it smells like something else is added into the flame."

Edited by Vedana Purity

(edited)

House Earthborn - The Road South

@@The-Master

@@Vedana Purity

At Applejack's behest Fixit had joined the Stormwing recon force. He was slightly miffed at being pulled away from the object of his affections so soon, and not at all happy with having to break of from the main force, but, as always, duty came first, and he now found himself marching by Scootaloo's side. Truth be told he wasn't too happy at taking orders from the mare - she had to be at least, what, 6 years younger than him? - but he was hardly in a position to argue, and if he did argue he'd quite possibly find himself headless in a matter of seconds.

He glanced at the two ponies next to him and frowned. He wasn't sure three ponies would be enough in the event of an ambush. He wished he had his team and - probably more so - his cannon with him.

After some time they finally reached the trail, and he looked on in silence as Scootaloo worked her magic. The pegasus tracks were expected, but seeing deer hoofprints outside of House Everfree? That was odd indeed.

Eager to do something other than stand around, Fixit stepped forward.

"South-west... they're either headed to New Ponyville or Drowned Ponyville. Heading for Fillydelphia is, frankly, utterly stupid as that would run them far too close to the Everfree Forest. Although something is bugging me about this, he rubbed his chin "Why would Stormwing refugees make a run for Earthborn territory?

Immediately after that the orange pegasus by Scootaloo's side said something about smelling fire, prompting Fixit to take a sniff.

"I agree, I smell something, and it ain't my gunpowder pouch sizzling away."

Edited by Archi the Sandworm

(edited)

@Spell Shock,

@EquestrianScholar,  

@Archi the Sandworm,

@Nightfall,

@Jolteon,  

The Six Gifted - Somewhere is Equestra - Hidden Mountain Hermitage

The Storyteller nods, showing agreement and acceptance of the Composers plan but then takes on a pondering look as if considering something important before saying, "I am fine with such a plan but what of my other duties, we cannot be having my covers blown now can we?"

the stallion looks from one gifted to another, each in turn a smile growing on his face before saying softly, almost to himself, "to think, I have had the chance to play such game as this."

Looking back at the Composer he smiles and asks, "any chance the others could get everything started and I meet up with them later my lady? Perhaps I can meet up with them in between the times I go from one place to another, such wont be too difficult, as I can teleport to where I need to be."

WIth that his appearance changes, as he changed into the form that would be needed for his next visit, the other Gifted knowing where he was going because of this without him needing to say.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The Six Gifted - Equestria - Hidden Mountain Hermitage

@@AnonBrony

@@EquestrianScholar

@

@@Nightfall

@@Spell Shock

The Composer nodded in acknowledgement, although inside she felt like screaming at the world. The start of their conquest was so near, she could've caressed it with her hoof, yet once again she found her plans postponed. The others were right of course; there would be much organisation and planning to get on with, and a week or so to get things together would certainly increase their chances of success. It was just that she'd waited for so long, to make the name "Taira" feared again, to make it a name that would be known in the history books as the name of leaders and heroes, not a petty Neighpanese clan who were utterly crushed in the Neighan period. Every moment she waited she felt like that dream was slipping away from her.

By the expression on his face she knew her brother was feeling a similar pain. He, too, wanted to stop sitting around in a cave and make a start, but, again, it was too early. There were songs that needed composing, fates that needed pulling apart and weaving back together in the way they desired. Only when everything was in place could they move against their foe.

"Then it's settled," she said levelly "We will wait for a week or two to plan and let everyone get their affairs in order. Storyteller, you may continue about your duties autonomously, although I still expect results from the operation in Hoofington, which you are in charge of, might I remind you."

She had a quick look over the rest of the Gifted assembled around the fire and smiled inwardly. No matter their personal differences, she knew she had assembled here some of the most powerful individuals Equestria or possibly the whole world had ever known. No matter, how much the Dancer might revile her, or how apathetic the Singer might seem, she felt proud of every single one for what they would soon achieve.

"Alright then, everypony, you are dismissed. Singer, if you would stay behind a moment to talk, that would be greatly appreciated."

Edited by Archi the Sandworm
  • Brohoof 1