Finesthour

May as well toss my top picks out there. In no particular order...

- Tetris (Everything/Always)

First there was Tetris, and it was good. Then there was multiplayer Tetris, and it was better. It's disgusting just how in to this game I can get when playing against someone of comparable skill.

- Jedi Knight (PC/1997)

Zoopy's first online FPS. I've still got fond memories of the silly mods, custom maps, and the downright absurd running animation when using the force speed ability. Good times.

- Worms Armageddon (PC/1998)

Though Team 17 seems committed to dragging the Worms franchise through the mud until nary a single soul gives half a shit about it, I will forever remember - and relive - the glory days of W:A.

- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Multi/2000)

I don't care if you love sports or skate boarding, or hate the both of them; this game is fun as hell. I still get together with friends from time to time for a few games of the Horse multiplayer mode.

- Giants: Citizen Kabuto (PC/2001)

Eternally overlooked game with a mediocre single player campaign, and extremely unique multiplayer.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xKfDVB1Wr0

- Freelancer (PC/2003)

Another game that has, in my opinion shoddy single player with multiplayer options that more than make up for it. Essentially a small scale action oriented space MMO when played online.

- Soul Calibur II (Multi/2003)

I got my start with the series back with Soul Calibur I on the Dreamcast, but the second installment in the series is what really got me hooked. Unfortunately the series seems to have peaked with its release.

- Melty Blood ReACT (PC/2004)

Whereas the original Melty Blood was fairly sloppy as far as fighting games go, the ReACT expansion took it and molded it into a proper fighter, cementing Melty Blood as one of my favorite fighters of alllll time.

May as well toss my top picks out there. In no particular order...

- Tetris (Everything/Always)

First there was Tetris, and it was good. Then there was multiplayer Tetris, and it was better. It's disgusting just how in to this game I can get when playing against someone of comparable skill.

- Jedi Knight (PC/1997)

Zoopy's first online FPS. I've still got fond memories of the silly mods, custom maps, and the downright absurd running animation when using the force speed ability. Good times.

- Worms Armageddon (PC/1998)

Though Team 17 seems committed to dragging the Worms franchise through the mud until nary a single soul gives half a shit about it, I will forever remember - and relive - the glory days of W:A.

- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Multi/2000)

I don't care if you love sports or skate boarding, or hate the both of them; this game is fun as hell. I still get together with friends from time to time for a few games of the Horse multiplayer mode.

- Giants: Citizen Kabuto (PC/2001)

Eternally overlooked game with a mediocre single player campaign, and extremely unique multiplayer.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xKfDVB1Wr0

- Freelancer (PC/2003)

Another game that has, in my opinion shoddy single player with multiplayer options that more than make up for it. Essentially a small scale action oriented space MMO when played online.

- Soul Calibur II (Multi/2003)

I got my start with the series back with Soul Calibur I on the Dreamcast, but the second installment in the series is what really got me hooked. Unfortunately the series seems to have peaked with its release.

- Melty Blood ReACT (PC/2004)

Whereas the original Melty Blood was fairly sloppy as far as fighting games go, the ReACT expansion took it and molded it into a proper fighter, cementing Melty Blood as one of my favorite fighters of alllll time.

I saw Soul Caliber in the list. You win.

I'm not going to even attempt to post what I objectively think is the best because I don't believe in such things (except to some extent, like how Animal Crossing City Folk is clearly the worst game in the Animal Crossing series, and that is a fact.)

First place for me either goes to Animal Crossing GCN or The Sims 2 plus all Expansion Packs. They're just the type of games for me - games that rely more on your creativity, or other skills as opposed to fast reflexes and stuff like that. I can enjoy games like that, of course, but I prefer life simulation as a whole because I feel like it was made more for me.

As for my other favorite games:

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Paper Mario

Pokemon Crystal

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Any further and I'm putting more titles from those same franchises, like Pokemon HeartGold, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess (which is a GCN game to me, the Wii doesn't deserve any credit), and Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow. Maybe Animal Crossing Wild World and The Sims 3 as well, but they could only marginally make it because I find both of them to be more steps to the side than I do true sequels.

Edited by Chorda

Few more of my favorite games. I don't play shooters much but I do like Halo and Gears of War. I also like racing games, thats why Mario Kart 7 and Need for Speed The Run will be my next racing games.

Few more of my favorite games. I don't play shooters much but I do like Halo and Gears of War. I also like racing games, thats why Mario Kart 7 and Need for Speed The Run will be my next racing games.

I`ll Give U THT, Need 4 Speed Its An Awesome Series...

Bioshock; both setting and plot are far superior to another game I've ever played.

(You'd have to play the game to understand it.)

Edited by Riley

Thousand Year Door is definitely on my favorites list, I've played it a dozen times and am still always amazed at how wonderful it is

God, I played that game so much I broke my gamecube. Literaly.

<3 citizen kabuto!

If you ever decide to give it another look, you should hit up http://giantswd.org and download the unofficial 1.5 patch. It adds a laundry list of new features, fixes pretty much all of the game's numerous bugs, etc. Worth it for both single and multi player. Were you ever into the online multiplayer at all?

Has anyone played Halo1?

PFFT bro who hasnt. It popularized online gaming for the non PC supremists. Still one of my favorite shooters of all time. Too bad the pistol was so OP

Hmm, no Final Fantasy VII fans as of yet? That game was three discs of addictive awesomeness.

Also, the original fire emblem and spyro were pretty good games as well.

I firmly stand by my belief that 6 is the best in the series. 7 is just way overrated in my opinion. Even though it did spawn the moody angsty jRPG main character stereotype.