Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Only Twilight in S4?

PonyRocker95

How many times does it need to be said? Twilight is STAYING IN PONYVILLE. TV shows don't just write off their main character like that. They also don't write a whole season on ONE character. Twilight said so herself that he friends mean more to her than anything, so why in Equestria would she abandon them to live in Canterlot or wherever it is a princess would go? And how boring would the show be if they spent so much time on just Twilight without her friends? I'm still not certain she'll even stay an alicorn, but if she does, the most important aspects of the show are staying the same. Which means it's still going to be about adventures and friendship, which means there will still be the same group of ponies we've grown to know and love.

• Brohoof 1

I really don't want Twilight to stay as a Alicorn because she went feel the same if she stays as one.... also, I wish if you were a Alicorn you don't have to be royalty. Then Celestial and Luna wouldn't be princesses! <_> This is confusing me now. xD

They definitely won't can the rest of the Mane 6. I still have a feeling that RD is going to become a Wonderbolt eventually. Plus, Hasbro still needs them to sell more toys.

Tara Strong already said that Twilight will stay in Ponyville. She will keep her dorky side, and she will be the same Twilight we all know and love. 

I for one, don't believe that she will stay an alicorn. She'll change back in part 2 of the season 4 finale. She'll be too stressed to be a princess. That filly has serious OCD problems. Just wait and see!

I agree with this. I believe it becomes too much for her and she asks to become normal again or something. But before that happens, I MUST SEE HER FLY. Come on! We all want a race between Fluttershy and Twi, now don't we? Anyways, about the stress..

Just look at her in lesson zero.

• Brohoof 1

Most episodes focus on only a few characters at a time and often one is made the central character for that episode. I see no reason to break that model. Saying she'll be in more (only her) makes as much sense as saying she'll be in a lot less.

• 4 weeks later...

We know Twilight won't stay in Canterlot.

We also know she'll still be adorkable.

I don't know how they're going to make that happen, but I'm willing to see how the story unfolds.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Or will it focus on the others?

Anyone have an idea?

My guess is that it won't continue, as it would be super boring, unless Twilight still stays with her friends, but I believe that would still be boring - as an alicorn, she would be able to solve any problem really quick. I don't know.

Edited by SnowCrystal

Or will it focus on the others?

Anyone have an idea?

My guess is that it won't continue, as it would be super boring, unless Twilight still stays with her friends, but I believe that would still be boring - as an alicorn, she would be able to solve any problem really quick. I don't know.

Hi there - your thread about whether S4 will focus on Twilight is on the same subject as this larger thread, so I've merged your post with this one. You should browse this topic for potential answers to your question.

Please remember to use the search function in the future to see if your thread idea already exists :)

I don't think so. Even when you discount official statements by the show's staff, the cartoon is still called "Friendship is Magic." :P

Granted, Twilight will probably have a larger role than she did in previous seasons. Either that, or her princesshood is the culmination of her story arc and we'll actually see much less of her. But either way, the entire premise of the show is that it's about friendship, and the bonds and interactions between these six characters in particular. It would be almost impossible for them to devote an entire season to only one pony.

The Season 4 animatics offer pretty conclusive evidence that Twilight will remain part of the M6 and not separate from them in any way.  She's shown with them (and Spike) in the "Power Ponies" clip.  There's the clip with the Apple Family in the wagon with Pinkie Pie (so, an AJ/Pinkie episode that's not All About Twilicorn), and what looks like a dream sequence about Luna's original transformation into NMM, through Celestia's eyes.

Twilight's "being a Princess" is wholly bound up with her relationship to her friends.  It's her experiences with them--her friendship lessons, etc.--that made her Princess material in the first place.  I think they could make a very deep story arc around contrasting Twilight (Princess-with-friends) with Celestia's regal semi-solitude (we never really see her with friends of her own).  Since the ultimate arc of the story is for Twilight to become Celestia's successor, perhaps the ultimate message is going to be that Twilight can be a better Princess than Celestia, because she understands the Magic of Friendship from direct experience.

I like the idea of twilight getting move else where, and having guest spots, not that i hate twilight, I wouldn't mind seeing someone else bumped into the main 6.

Vinyle

derpy

trixie

i know it's not gonna happen LOL but i wouldn't mind seeing a "butters" character like when south park tried to replace kenny. 

Imagine the other 5 having auditions for their new friend" LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that would never happen in my opinion. Afterall, this show is mainly focused on the ''Magic of Friendship''. Surely, the episodes would have to be something to do with all of them together staying as friends. 

Edited by ~Glimmer Lily~

• 1 month later...

Seriously? Someone actually thought this? No way. Not a chance in Tarttarus lol. There's no way they'd ever remove the other 5 from the show. Not in a million years. I can't believe someone actually thought this would happen.

Also, Why exactly are so many people making such a big deal out of Twilight becoming an Alicorn? People act like everything about her got changed...She just got wings that's all...Is that really such a big deal? Think about it people, It's just like Sir.Flutterhooves said. She's still going to be the same Twilight we all know and love on the inside.

But is there really a chance that she'll become a Unicorn again though? Seems really unlikely to me. Although I guess maybe Meghan might consider it if she sees how so many fans are so butthurt about it lol.

Edited by Asbel Lhant

I'm pretty sure the writing staff won't remove Twilight's position nor make her the main focus of everything. We've confirmed this from the sneak peeks aready.

Also it looks like Twilight's Alicorn-hood is most likely permanent and will not be removed either.

My guess is the show will be similar to what it has been for the first 3 seasons.  Each of the main 6, Spike and the CMC's will have at least 1, or maybe several, focus episodes.  The Crystal Empire may need the help of the main 6.  They may travel out of Ponyville a few times.  We know they'll go the the Crystal Empire again at least once, for the Equistrian Games.  I guess they'll have a few episodes with Twilight learning to be a princess, flying and awkwardness, maybe as a 2 parter, then it'll be put to one side and not the main focus, but maybe mentioned here and there, if at all.  No reason Twilight would move to Canterlot, there are 2 princesses already living in Canterlot.  Though they may visit there various times like they have before. 

Twilight WILL remain in Ponyville and a princess. She has REALLY good friends in Ponyville so why should she leave? She being a alicorn WILL change it up a bit like Twilight flying with Rainbow Dash. 

I'm pretty sure the writing staff won't remove Twilight's position nor make her the main focus of everything. We've confirmed this from the sneak peeks already.

It's points like this one that make me think this topic has outlived its validity. Even from the trailers and things, we've already been shown that it is by no means just Twilight in S4. Still in Ponyville, still with her friends. This topic's concept is something I personally find ridiculous to have ever considered, anyway, but that's beside the point, I suppose derpy_emoticon1.png

L-l-l-locked.