Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Only Twilight in S4?

PonyRocker95

Wow I never thought I would ever venture into this section of the forums since the end of season 3 to be honest I'm kind of scared to be in the middle of the battle ground considering the fandom has been in WW III since Twilight's transformation...

Anyways I'm not saying it's true but for all we know it could. I mean what if they focus on Twilight in Canterlot learning about being a princess and opt out the rest of the mane 6 in season 4? What will happen then?

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Tara Strong already said that Twilight will stay in Ponyville. She will keep her dorky side, and she will be the same Twilight we all know and love. 

I for one, don't believe that she will stay an alicorn. She'll change back in part 2 of the season 4 finale. She'll be too stressed to be a princess. That filly has serious OCD problems. Just wait and see!

Edited by Sir.Derpington Hooves
  • Brohoof 19

It was confirmed that Rarity is going to have multiple episodes so this shouldn't be a worry. To add on to Sir Derp, Tara Strong did say that, but what I like is that she made it seem like she will stay an Alicorn but stay with her friends. THAT is what I want to see the writers pull off.

So yeah, no worries here on that front.

• Brohoof 9

LOL there is literally no way that is going to happen, for two reasons. First, Hasbro needs to be able to sell more than one kind of toy. Second, everything else that's horribly wrong about that idea! I seriously doubt Twilight will be moving out of the library anytime soon.

However, the princess thing is here to stay. I'm sure we'll get some episodes about her trying to be a princess, but FiM will always be the same character driven slice-of-life show it's always been. That you can count on. :)

• Brohoof 4

You forget that this generation of My Little Pony is focused on character development. Twilight will stay an alicorn since it was strongly hinted in season 2 that she was destined to be something greater. As for an all Twilight season that would never happen. I mean it's called My Little Pony Friendship is Magic not My Little Pony Twilight's Adventures. The 4th season will have some episodes of Twilicorn but there will be some Mane 6 airtime as well. I know what your thinking. How can you be so sure even if the synopsis for season 4 hasn't been released or the writers havent given us anything to go on. My answer is the characters can be developed further and with all the background ponies the fans have latched onto(CMC included) the possibilities are endless 

Uh, I doubt that it's gonna just be Twilight throughout season 4. After all, the show's called "Friendship is Magic". I think she'll be with her friends.

I'd be in favor of a two to four part sequence of episodes focusing exclusively on Twilight. Something like a Twilight Princess miniseries to really establish her position and early challenges.

But, really, I doubt that there's enough to being a princess in Canterlot that can fill out a season by itself. At some point, she's stable as a princess and things aren't interesting any more. Besides-which, she has no less than three other experienced Princesses to draw upon for help and advice. That kind of limits the scope of the weekly havoc.

While I have my concerns about twilicorn I highly doubt that even if this does go badly that the rest of the Mane 6 will be benched like that though them being overshadowed is a possibility though I don't think it is as likely as Twilight becoming overpowered which is my main concern about this. Season 4 will probably be the most Twilight heavy season since season 1 though because a change like this requires some massive character development but from what I hear Rarity will be given a few episodes which will no doubt please her fans so even if this goes badly season 4 might not be a total bust.

I expect we'll see a lot of Twilight, but it would be nice to see an even spread of the Mane 6 as well as others like the CMC, Big Mac, Miss Cheerilee and the musical ponies (Vinyl, Octavia and Fiddlesticks.)

My Little Twilight:
Friendship is Unimportant.

But seriously, I doubt it'll just be Twilight. Why go through 3 seasons of friendship and throw it all away for 1 pony?

Or, to sum it up in 1 comic:

alicorn_twilight___it_s_in_the_damned_ta

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I already know what might happen:

In the final episode of MLP season 4 she gets transformed again, gaining an extremely powerful skill:

She finally can grow her own food... HAHAHaahahaaa xD

(Earth ponies are the only ones who can grow food right? Twilight alicorn transforms into Twilight earthcorn? xD ==> FIRST hybride pony? Surpassing Celestia, Luna and Cadence xD

Edited by JC Denton
  • Brohoof 1

If Hub wants the fandom to survive, they'll have to make it up for them.

If they do, they'll probably have two choices.

1.) Death/Sickness of the remaining 5, due to a new villain, Twilight's sacrifice 

to revive the 5, and remains a normal unicorn pony.

2.) The 5 leaving and separating. Each of the episodes show their

experiences outside Ponyville. Towards the end of the season, it will

show a villain and how the 6 must be together to defeat him/her, and 

eventually remain together, and Twilight rules a region of Equestria and makes

Ponyville the capital and all that stuff.

great plot huh? ;3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm thinking its going to be kind of awkward either way...

1) Twilight stays in Ponyville. Her princess-ness makes it awkward, and she will feel like a Mary Sue.

2) Twilight brings her friends to Canterlot. She unwillingly ends up using her friends as servants.

... You can see where I'm going.

Edited by ~Ashley~
  • Brohoof 2

I trust the writers will do what they can to keep the show just as it is currently. I've no concerns related to Twilicorn. I'm actually really excited for this new chance, honest to say! I'll be quite upset if they do happen to change her back though. If there was an issue with being a princess, I don't see why she can't just simply step down from her duty. It would be an interesting concept though- to see if it would affect her destiny if she decided not to be.

As far as the other characters in the mane six go- I'm sure we'll get to see all kinds of interesting episodes dealing with the new change in Twilight- specifically with Fluttershy/Rainbow Dash. (Slightly unrelated, but I hope we also see an Applejack/Fluttershy episode)

I guess all I can say is that people shouldn't worry until the season starts back up! Who knows what the writers have in store for us. (:

Well, season 4 won't have just Twilight in it.  The way I see it, Twilight invites her friends to Canterlot, and instead of making them her servants she will allow them to help her with her duties as a princess.

Ironically enough when I first heard about Alicorn Twilight I was more concerned for her not appearing enough anymore. Its already been tweeted by Tara though that shes staying in Ponyville, I'm sure the premier of S4 will help clarify this all.

I wouldn't worry really.

• Brohoof 1

I already know what might happen:

In the final episode of MLP season 4 she gets transformed again, gaining an extremely powerful skill:

She finally can grow her own food... HAHAHaahahaaa xD

(Earth ponies are the only ones who can grow food right? Twilight alicorn transforms into Twilight earthcorn? xD ==> FIRST hybride pony? Surpassing Celestia, Luna and Cadence xD

I always thought that "Alicorn" meant Earth Pony + Pegasus+ Unicorn, but you don't see the "earth pony" aspect because earth ponies have no distinguishing characteristic like wings or a horn.

(edited)

The idea of Twilight making her friends her servants disgusts me and makes me laugh at the same time. It could also be a great topic for a fanfic... I TOOK IT NO STEALING

Edited by Proton
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

Tara Strong has spelled out in numerous interviews and on Twitter that nothing about the show that gives it its' appeal is changing; as a brony herself, she says there's nothing to be worried about. I seriously doubt the series is going to be taking some huge dramatic change in focus, thusly.

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be cool if Twilight went on an adventure with her friends to learn about the world.  I'm kind of hoping season 4 is a journey outside of Ponyville with the Mane6 and they learn more about friendship on their travels as Twilight learns about the world.

(edited)

First, it is very unlikely that Twilight will live in Canterlot for the simple reason that Celestia sent her away, on purpose, to live and grow in Ponyville. To me everything in the shows canon points to Twilight living among the ponies. Being a princess they can relate to, but still respect as a leader. Twilight may deal with more issues now, but she was always Celestia's "ambassador".

I also don't see the mane 6 having a problem with what happened, nor do I see it changing Twilight for the worse. The title and wings just reinforce what she always was which is a leader. I've said this before, but Twilight always stood apart from her friends, but that never made their friendship any less. We assume that change or elevation or increase in status must kill friendship and that should never be a given. Who we are is not just what we do, or what we look like.

Finally, I think we will see the mane six as much as we did in seasons 1 and 2. Some episodes will focus in Twi, or another of the mane 6, or all of them together.

Edited by Nature Spell

(edited)

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the show tighten focus on newly-crowned Princess Twilight for a while. Of course, that may just be because Twilight's my favorite character. We could go back and forth (though maybe not in the same episode) between Twilight doing Princess stuff and the Mane Five doing what they do and eventually tying it all back together. How, I don't know, and I don't think that something like this is in the works anyway, but it feels like the sort of thing that ought to happen.

As far as the whole season, though...I really don't think Princess Twilight  - even with Celestia and Luna - can carry that many episodes.

Edited by Veylon

No way they could ever go that route. The majority of shows nowadays always have more than one main character on which to elaborate on. I mean sure, I love Twilight, but to focus on her for 26 episodes is an impossible writing task. She may have new problems and such as a newly crowned alicorn, but not to that extent.

Besides, look how popular the rest of the main six are. The popularity of the rest of the main six even outshines Twilight herself, so omitting them to that extent would cause a gigantic sized uproar in the community. I mean a season without Rainbow Dash!? I would die!... well not literally, but you get the point.