Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Images for YouTube

MaudlinBrony

I'm completely new to putting videos and music onto the internet so with that in mind...

I got done with a cover of The Gypsy Bard and I want to put it up on Youtube, but I don't know the rules on what kind of image I can use for the background, whether I'll be violating any copyrights or anything if I just pull something off of Google. 

So I'm looking for tips on where I can get images, a good way to make my own or anything like that from anyone with experience posting stuff to Youtube. 

Thanks!

Do you mean the thumbnail pictures that show up before you click on the video? When you upload, you get a choice of three thumbnails from various points in the video, but since you are doing a still image, that's not really applicable.

Or are you going to just have a still image for the entire video? I don't think it's against any rules to pull something off of Google, although I could help make an image for you...

Do you mean the thumbnail pictures that show up before you click on the video? When you upload, you get a choice of three thumbnails from various points in the video, but since you are doing a still image, that's not really applicable.

Or are you going to just have a still image for the entire video? I don't think it's against any rules to pull something off of Google, although I could help make an image for you...

I already put a screencap from the show as a still for the video (it's a song, I just needed something for people to look at while it played). But It's kind of generic. 

If you want to help me make a new image that would be amazing. I literally have no image manipulation capabilities beyond cropping. 

If you want to help me make a new image that would be amazing. I literally have no image manipulation capabilities beyond cropping. 

Well, what's the cover of The Gypsy Bard like? Is it some kinda rock thing? Acoustic? It'd be helpful to know so that I know what to make the image look like.

Well, what's the cover of The Gypsy Bard like? Is it some kinda rock thing? Acoustic? It'd be helpful to know so that I know what to make the image look like.

Here's the song on my soundcloud.  Have a listen and tell me what you think . 

I'll spare you the youtube link. It's the same thing but with an image snagged from pinkie's smile song pasted over it. 

Okie dokie lokie, how's this? I didn't really make it the video title (I checked Youtube) and it's in 1080p instead of 480, but I hope you don't mind...

img-1266718-1-i-pQWLLQ7-XL.png

That's totally awesome! Where'd you learn to do that? I'm definitely going to use that! Thank you so much!

What did you think of the song? It's not completely finished yet but people seem to like it. 

You've kind of blown my mind and I'm always looking for new projects, if you want I could write a song for you if you give me a topic/general feel, as a way to return the favor.

Anyway thanks, this will totally work.

• Brohoof 1

That's totally awesome! Where'd you learn to do that? I'm definitely going to use that! Thank you so much!

I've always had a thing for graphic design, I suppose. I own Photoshop Elements 7 thanks to my photography hobby, so I use it for that too. Pinkie and the crystal ball were both from the MLP Vector Club on Deviantart, the background used some grungy brushes I found online, and the fonts (Informal Roman and Note This) were two that I picked up online in various places.

What did you think of the song? It's not completely finished yet but people seem to like it. 

I liked it! Definitely a new spin on the song, especially with the parts with multiple singers. Those parts were you overlaying yourself, right? That's cool!

You've kind of blown my mind and I'm always looking for new projects, if you want I could write a song for you if you give me a topic/general feel, as a way to return the favor.

Ah, nah, it was nothing, really. Looked like an interesting thing to make a picture for and I did it. smile.png

Edited by Stellafera

I've always had a thing for graphic design, I suppose. I own Photoshop Elements 7 thanks to my photography hobby, so I use it for that too. Pinkie and the crystal ball were both from the MLP Vector Club on Deviantart, the background used some grungy brushes I found online, and the fonts (Informal Roman and Note This) were two that I picked up online in various places.

I liked it! Definitely a new spin on the song, especially with the parts with multiple singers. Those parts were you overlaying yourself, right? That's cool!

Ah, nah, it was nothing, really. Looked like an interesting thing to make a picture for and I did it. smile.png

Cool, my offer still stands though, I'm basically always writing music (I can usually put out at least one a day if I'm motivated) and I'm always looking for new ideas. So if you ever want a custom song for a character, or a topic, or an OC or anything really, just give me a shout. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have great experience of working with ReaConverter. It does prove really very helpful for me while I have a bunch of images and I need to convert and resize all of them. With the help of ReaConverter can convert them all at once. NEF to JPEG

Edited by Ryan Ron