Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Our World Too Dangerous for Ponies

Shawn Parks

I think a lot about the idea Pinkie Pie being a part of my life in our world.  But I wonder - if I could somehow make that happen with a wish or something - if bringing her into our existence would be too potentially harmful.  

Just finding out what sorts of evils exist in our world might be totally traumatizing for a character from a family-friendly cartoon reality.  

And if ponies came into our reality, they would always be in danger from those evils.

Any thoughts on that?  Would there be a way to safely wish Pinkie Pie into my life?  Or would bringing her here be an act of cruelty?

• Brohoof 2

I could say our world & society is dangerous in general. But, I think that ponies could persuade some good people. Our world is pretty made up of two groups: Good and Evil.

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not sure the general public would react positively to having a colorful pink pony bouncing around the streets throwing parties. It's likely you wouldn't be able to spend too much time with her since she would probably spend most of her time in a lab while scientists dissect her in hopes of finding out why there is a talking pony in this solar system.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not sure the general public would react positively to having a colorful pink pony bouncing around the streets throwing parties. It's likely you wouldn't be able to spend too much time with her since she would probably spend most of her time in a lab while scientists dissect her in hopes of finding out why there is a talking pony in this solar system.

Well that's just freaking dark as hell... that just darkened down my day... You could always keep her safe at home, but then again Pinkie would probably get too cooped up in there.

This world is too dangerous for ponies.

We have nukes, guns, and not to mention at one point in their lives they are going to learn of war.

I agree with the OP.

Though F:E Would be disappoint. According the F:E, ponies can use guns and go into war.

Well that's just freaking dark as hell... that just darkened down my day... You could always keep her safe at home, but then again Pinkie would probably get too cooped up in there.

Yeah, I think keeping her inside would be worse than anything else that could happen to her. Talk about a rocket to insanity,

Our world would be too dangerous for the ponies not because they are so innocent and there is so much evil in the world at least not directly but because they would probably be experimented on and dissected in government labs. Sure their world is a bit more idealized than ours but there are a few things that probably exist in their world like sex for example that are not addressed in the show for obvious reasons.

Evils like what?  Getting eaten by bears?  

Humans created this show you know, our world is fully capable of becoming like Equestria.  Evil as we know evil exists in the show as well albeit not as graphically intensive, the whole point of the show is overcoming it.

On an unrelated note, yes, summoning a pony here against their will would be an act of cruelty.

Edited by Hollowshield

And if someone knew you had anypony from Equestria in your home..

There would be people surrounding your entire home, the government and more.

Would you really want the government to take your Pinkie and test on her?

I would rather go to Equestria myself, rather than have my very own pony..

Too dangerous? Try too confusing. The My Little Pony universe exists in a way that there is pure good and pure evil. That is, the good guys are good guys (most of the time), and deep in their hearts the desire to do good and be peaceful is nestled. Then there are the bad guys, who are full-on bad and display their evil intentions in extravagant, purposeful, goal-oriented ways. The desire to do bad rests in their hearts (the only exception quite possibly being Chrysalis and her species' need to survive, but even then, most things don't gain ATP energy by being, um, "emotionotrophic").

But here, in the human world, everything is muddied. Something someone does could be considered benign by one, heinous by another. Like that Christopher Dorner guy in Los Angeles; while the police were after him for shooting up innocent civilians, some online groups formed who actually supported Dorner's cause. It's simply a maddening network of opinions and emotion that cannot be overcome unless we develop the ability to ignore everything, which would be a contradiction to survival (can't ignore a crying baby, etc.)

Yes, one could argue that there is also this muddying of personality in the MLP universe, what with the various personality quirks and friendship problems encountered by the cast. This is something that the writing of Friendship is Magic is praised for. But these are usually minor predicaments, and resolute from the beginning. The whole world of the ponies is not driven by success or progress, but rather nature and harmony, which, though concepts invented by us humans, are not prevalent in such a global manner as in Equestria.

But, of course, Equestria... My Little Pony, is a fictitious dimension where we take only the good traits of human behavior and personify them in the form of an iconic representation of childhood purity, colorful magic ponies. The show serves as a tool to help a generation grow up a little more understanding of each others' feelings, not to completely dissuade those "bad" behaviors that stem from ancestral survival instincts.

So, to take a character from the show and place them in this world would render them speechless, discombobulated, alienated, and petrified.

• Brohoof 1

I must agree as most people would try to take them and research them possibly traumatizing them for life/killing them.  Yeah, it would't be good.

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not sure the general public would react positively to having a colorful pink pony bouncing around the streets throwing parties. It's likely you wouldn't be able to spend too much time with her since she would probably spend most of her time in a lab while scientists dissect her in hopes of finding out why there is a talking pony in this solar system.

This. My thoughts on the idea of ponies coming to Earth.

As messed up as it is, there really wouldn't be any safe way for a colorful, talking pony to live on Earth. Even if the pony were carefully watched over (like in MLD), there'd always be the risk of the pony being seen, and most likely a negative outcome because of it.

• Brohoof 1

I know that the big concern whenever something "alien" comes to our world is that the government will experiment on it.  But I might be even more worried about the sick people who would love the chance to do terrible things to a beautiful, innocent, magical creature.  For no other reason than their own twisted pleasure.  

I was thinking that I could wish for ponies to come to our world and be accepted as part of our society.  But even then, I am certain that the worst people out there would target them just because they would be so rare.  

I don't think it would be cruelty.

Read ''My Little Dashie''. That pretty much sums it up.

And i went to WalMart to find that plushie..They had ones like that but with stringy hair.. img-1269320-1-blush.png

My Little Dashie really made me cry. And it was my first time reading it, especially the end. I almost cried aloud, I already had the sniffles and tears, but no sound except for sniffling.
  • Brohoof 1

As long as they don't end up in the ghetto, then they're fine.

And besides, if Equestria is able to deal with deadly mythical creatures on a daily basis and still have everypony miraculously alive and unhurt, then they should be okay.

It certainly wouldn't be an Equestria thats for sure. They might make it in the world, but it would proably be best for them to be kept away from most. Which might be a bit isolated and not very healthy, not that being in the world would be a whole lot healthier in most cases.

There are some pretty bad people in the world though, and not to mention a pony in the real world would attract the press ASAP. Then scientists who would experiment on it and stuff.

I think Equestrias certainly a better off place mostly.