movies/tv America's Funniest Home Videos

Rolls Royce

I've been watching reruns of this on TV for the last few weeks, and does anyone else agree that the funny videos never become finalists?  Nearly every time I watch it, the finalists and winners are usually a cute animal, kid, or baby video, while all of the prank and slapstick videos that have me laughing like crazy are completely ignored.  I even watch the show only for the montages, slapstick, and prank videos, and I always end up changing the channel when the finalists come on.  So, what's your opinion on the show for people who still watch it?

• Brohoof 4

You got a good point Rolls!

I always shared that opinion with my family and they always tend to agree, RARELY, do they put a true contender, but most of the times, they're pretty stupid!

And finally, people still watch it just for the laughs and the overall enjoyment of watching people embarassed on television! XD

• Brohoof 1

Thank heavens, someone else who sees my point of view! wub.png

I totally agree. 90% of the time, I can tell exactly what placement the three finalists will be in. Baby videos are almost always number one; cute/funny animals are number two, the funniest of the three (which is generally not that funny anyway) is third.

I love the montages.

• Brohoof 1

I love AFHV Xd. I use to watch it with my parents all the time :D. I agree though the finalists aren't normally the funniest, the show is still pretty funny to watch most of the time to :).

Thank heavens, someone else who sees my point of view! wub.png

I totally agree. 90% of the time, I can tell exactly what placement the three finalists will be in. Baby videos are almost always number one; cute/funny animals are number two, the funniest of the three (which is generally not that funny anyway) is third.

I love the montages.

Yeah, the montages are funny and usually show what SHOULD'VE been the true finalists when competing against something big like a million dollars!

• Brohoof 1

I'm so glad other people agree with me, I was just watching an episode recently, and I could already tell which one was going to win.  It was some little boy dancing around and singing to the Mickey Mouse Club song, which was also the least funny video in the entire episode.  I even felt the urge to yell, "THAT ISN'T FUNNY!" at my TV as loud as I could, but then I remembered my parents are asleep.

• Brohoof 1

I still love this show, and you are right, the finalists are videos that are not as funny as some of the compilations and slapstick pranks. I especially dislike the vids that leave a child crying, now those I can't stand. It may seem funny for the adults around the child but certainly not the child. 

I used to watch it some, but now I don't at all. Is it even still being made? Re-runs of shows like that don't interest me all that much... :(

I remember how I used to watch them around four years ago but I stopped watching them a long time since it just isn't funny anymore.

Edited by Azura

As a Brit, how does it work exactly? Do you get a prize for being in the top 3?

We have something called you've been framed which is pretty similar, but any video features gets £250.

I love the videos, I watch loads more on YouTube as well, some people I know just can't watch them as most of the time it's people hurting themselves but I normally find these ones the funniest :P

Pfft. TV. As if I watch that.

Anyways, I prefer Ridiculousness. They are pretty funny, and they have some pretty neat videos. Or at least, in my opinion.

(edited)

As a Brit, how does it work exactly? Do you get a prize for being in the top 3?

We have something called you've been framed which is pretty similar, but any video features gets £250.

I love the videos, I watch loads more on YouTube as well, some people I know just can't watch them as most of the time it's people hurting themselves but I normally find these ones the funniest tongue.png

Yes, the people in the top 3 ended up getting a prize, 3rd place got $1,000, 2nd got $5,000, and 1st place got the $10,000.  There were also shows where all of the first place winners were voted on for a chance to win $100,000, and the video that won that usually wasn't funny.  I need to check out You've Been Framed now, it seems pretty funny.

Edited by Rolls Royce