Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

An awkward situation :S

TheStareMaster

The other day, my 12 year old sister told my dad she like MLP, (I haven't) and he came up to me asking if this was normal. I said to me (as far as I can remember) "Is't it weird that NAMEWITHHELD like a programme for like, 5 year old children, is that normal?!" Now it must be known that my dad is a bit of a conspiracy theorist, who probably has heard some freaky shit about the fandom. I, who was in a very delicate situation, told him that MLP was aimed at a verity of ages and that it was normal enough (I also threw in the fact one of the past developers was the same person who worked on the Power Puffs, which my dad found hilarious) Wow it was awkward :P

• Brohoof 8

You handled that fine, I suppose.

Though, if your father had any attention for detail, he would have noted that YOU seem to know of the show's development.

Best be honest with him, though I would weigh the risks. Not all parents can be open to their child's tastes.

Edited by Sunset Spark

Well technically it is aimed at a variyity of ages, so you didn't really lie or anything, I think you handled it well.

He does know that your a brony in the end more or less right? Heck he doesn't even need to know that just tell him you like the show and that's that I guess.

Tbh sounds like you handled it well :)

I wouldn't bring it up unless he does there's no need it is just a tv show after all (a brilliant one tho mind you ;P )

• Brohoof 1

Good job in rescuing your sis! 

Ah, parents, they will never understand, will they? Oh well. Avoid telling your dad if he is still acting weird at your sister's likings, if he's okay with it, then it shouldn't matter much.

Edited by Fireball Rush
  • Brohoof 1

He doesn't know I'm a brony, and he's not the kind that would approve (he wouldn't be mean, he would just poke fun at me :P)

More importantly, my said sister, who happens to be on this forum just told me she's 13 not 12. To her I apologise ;)

• Brohoof 1

You stood up for your sister, so you did the right thing. If you're choosing to remain a closet Brony, then you did good on that account as well. Just be glad your dad was willing to listen to your opinion instead of just telling her to never watch it again, because if he was understanding with her, then there might be a chance of him being open-minded to you as well. If it ever does come down to that kind of situation, just do what you did her and explain why you like the show. Throwing in a good word to the fandom wouldn't hurt, either.

Pfft lol Brony conspiracy theories sound awesome! But hey, you handled it well. I have yet to talk with some of my conspiracy theorist folks about this but I'm hoping that it doesn't get to awkward.

Pfft lol Brony conspiracy theories sound awesome! But hey, you handled it well. I have yet to talk with some of my conspiracy theorist folks about this but I'm hoping that it doesn't get to awkward.

Lol, well, after this incident I saw my dad surfing through reddit and I caught a glimps of a topic named "my little pony, Friendship is Pagan" :P My mum knows I'm a brony, and she's cool with it, But my dad has a very different kinda person.