Windows 7/8 Ponification Guide

~Scootaloo

64 users have voted

1. 1. Would you like me to make a ponification guide for Windows XP?

• Yes
    • No

Ah

I would love to do this honestly but my Dad doesn't like. pony content on his computer and since we all share it. It's impossible.

Maybe unless there's a ponify your phone.

you can make multiple accounts on your computer and choose your theme. When you log off, the theme would not be shown on your dad's account. But if you log in to your account, the MLP theme would be automatically loaded. But if your father is the computer administrator, sorry.. But you can't do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had done a Luna theme on my laptop. I used all of the stuff that you put on there.

Although, I would like to ask about one weird issue that I have with the boot screen.

When it would say Resuming Windows, it gives me some Russian text. Do you know any way to fix that.

Ponifying Windows 8 is pretty easy, it works better if you pay for the programs that allow you to change aspects of WIndows 8 as well.

LbPLgBU.jpg

DDAAamp.jpg

Edited by ~Chaotic Xelphos~
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

: Well I added Desktop Ponies to the OP. I am probably not going to do a Ponfication guide for Windows XP seeing as not many people use it.

Please do one anyways. I have a netbook, a laptop and a "new" computer that all run on XP. Besides, 65% of your poll also want's XP ponification. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can't download the packs!

Chrome says that it can not find the URL.

EDIT: Okay, so I did download the Octavia theme I wanted from elsewhere, but there is still the problem with the Pack Download, just to alert you.

Edited by Starfall

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice guide! I already have my computer completely ponified, but this guide will certainly be helpful for many a pony! A suggestion though, maybe you could include a section for replacing system sounds, since that's another easy thing one can do to ponify their computer.

• 4 months later...

Nice guide! :)

I'm curious as to what I can do if I updated my Windows 8 to 8.1. I've heard that it is similar to Windows 7. I wonder if I could customize it similarly.  

some how I went from adding a start menu for my windows 8 to changing the icons xD

but every time I convert the image to ico and put it onto the icon, the image becomes extremely low quality.

does any one know what I should do? ._.

figured this would be the best place to ask since, ya know.