• Four Swords Adventures
    • Twilight Princess
    • The Minish Cap
    • Skyward Sword
    • Phantom Hourglass
    • Spirit Tracks
    • A Link Between Worlds
    • Hyrule Warriors

Funny enough, I actually liked Minish Cap really well...it captured the feel of the old zelda games, had a great story, and a TON of replay value! If you haven't played it, I'd definitely give it a go...it's awesome! Close second for me is Majora's mask...just the atmosphere of the game is a chilling ride.

• Brohoof 1

new_sig.png

I like OoT myself, with LttP and the original NES following close behind.

I don't think any of them are particularly bad, even #2, which seems universally panned by the community.

The CDI versions I didn't consider part of the Zelda continuity, but make for fine meme material.

• Brohoof 1

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Both are equally awesome in their own way, though Ocarina gets a light advantage because I played that one more.

I haven't played through Link to the Past or Windwaker much, I am sure they would be up there as well if I did. Link's Awakening is quite good too for the first handheld Zelda game.

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

As someone's who not a huge fan of the LoZ, my favorite game is still A Link To The Past back when the formula was still new.    

MLPForums "Self-Proclaimed" Kamen Rider Nut
Now, count up your sins!
I do Traditional commissions, by the way! See them HERE!

post-8308-0-43031100-1429818502.png

Banner was done by the wonderful Kyoshi.

My favorite is Majora's Mask. I find it much more enjoyable than any of the others.

My second is Skyward Sword. Although,the stamina bar and the motion controls were annoying.

Dolemite2.gif.1f535b74ff05826ca7dd78c9e5ec1078.gif                                                                              

• 3 months later...

I normally say it's Twilight Princess because I'm a huge fan of Midna and how atmospheric the game can be, but, I'm not sure... I love Majora's Mask too for how unique and intricate its world is, as well as ALTTP for having the right amount of difficulty to never make me feel too at ease. Moldorm can go burn in a pit, though >=(

Edited by Edwardo_Brony

Man, for a series I enjoy a lot, that's a really tough question. I can tell you if I had to pick one, it'd definitely be A Link to the Past, with Link's Awakening as a close second.

There's just so many of the Zelda games I enjoyed over the years.

(coming soon)

We all loved the retro games of zelda back then first was NES which offered LOZ 1 and 2, then came N64 which offered OOT and MM. four major games that deserved the hype they got, and for good reason, they didn't copy each other. Each offered the some weapons that may have been identical, but served different functions. The hook shot from OOT was the first time i've seen one, that one you had to upgrade after finding the long shot in the WT. 

Then majora's mask, you didn't have to, it came with all ranges. Now we move on to the masks, oOT only allowed the masks to function as quest items, then to items you could wear that had no real effects. MM made them have special powers, like speed, making you a giant, or even a deity. If you beat the game, you got to use the fierce deity's makes to kill the bosses without even trying. Real game killer.

Now we move on to the next gen, TP, this one you got a wolf form in addition to Midna who acted as a replacement for a fairy. Not only was this implemented well, but her personality was great to me; taunting Link when he is imprisoned, forcing him to join up with her to save his friends. The ending was a shocker, seeing midna's true form was amazing. But seeing her go was a sad moment.

now we move on to SS, i have not played this, but have seen the gameplay for myself, while the motion controls were a bit clunky; i did appreciate the villain being someone other than ganondorf(he got boring pretty fast). But the annoying part was the hand holding throughout the entire game. Each game did this, except for LOZ 1 and 2. 

I would have loved to have an option to turn it off or on at will if i wanted to. I do agree her popping up every time a your battery is low was a major poor decision. But i would have prefered the TP art style over vivid color that hurts your eyes to look at.

So now that i've said my piece, what are your thoughts on the franchise?

sig-30638.sig-30638.sig-30638.sig-30638.

//// My persona and OC: Candy Star //// Ask me anything: Ask Candy Star //// My Music ////

//// My DA: (OC requests available) ////

Oop, I know where I'll be spending my time on this forum now. cat.png

Unpopular opinion but Skyward Sword is my second favorite. I honestly think it's pretty underrated amongst the fan base when it got a lot of things right. I honestly didn't have too many issues with motion controls.

I'm actually playing every single game in chronological order of the official timeline. I've played all games pre OoT, OoT, and everything in the fallen hero branch of the timeline. I'm waiting on Majora's Mask 3D (already pre-ordered) before starting on the child timeline.

Edited by Redstreak

Oop, I know where I'll be spending my time on this forum now. img-3472623-1-cat.png

Unpopular opinion but Skyward Sword is my second favorite. I honestly think it's pretty underrated amongst the fan base when it got a lot of things right. I honestly didn't have too many issues with motion controls.

I'm actually playing every single game in chronological order of the official timeline. I've played all games pre OoT, OoT, and everything in the fallen hero branch of the timeline. I'm waiting on Majora's Mask 3D (already pre-ordered) before starting on the child timeline.

I think the MM was a sequel to OOT, as it seems to follow after it. because he has the Ocarina of time with him. plus the scene which seems to be a memory of Zelda teaching Link the song of time. But if i'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

Edited by Candy Star

//// My persona and OC: Candy Star //// Ask me anything: Ask Candy Star //// My Music ////

I think the MM was a sequel to OOT, as it seems to follow after it. Unless its an alternate timeline.

Right, three separate timeline branches split off from OoT. A Link to the Past starts the fallen hero timeline, MM (which is a direct sequel to OoT) starts the child timeline, and Wind Waker starts the adult timeline.

Edited by Redstreak

Right, three separate timeline branches split off from OoT. A Link to the Past starts the fallen hero timeline, MM (which is a direct sequel to OoT) starts the child timeline, and Wind Waker starts the adult timeline.

This is confusing me  :blink: I've seen the timeline, but yet i can't quite see how that's suppose to work. Plus theres this video of it:

Its the child era, which i'm going to watch to get a better idea.

I really enjoyed some of the early Zelda games, such as the original, Link's Awakening and Link to the Past.  But I don't think this series ever made the transition to 3D correctly.  All the 3D ones just feel linear and sluggish when you play them, with the possible exception of Windwaker (perhaps concealed by the rather dull sailing).  So many things are just a chore in the 3D games, climbing is slow, looking around rooms in the dungeon to get a lay of the land takes forever, pushing around block are slow, etc.  The worlds also often seem devoid of life, compare Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time to the overworld in Link to the Past.  Its just a bunch of blank open space, while Link to the Past's overworld was jam packed with stuff.  There is lots and lots of transversing empty open space in the new Zeldas.  

Thing is, they can't even get the 2D ones right anymore.  I purchased Spirit Tracks hoping to relive the 2D Zelda game glory, only to be confronted by broken controls and a complete absence of an overworld.  Nintendo has become so obsessed with their hardware gimmicks they can't even seem to code a proper game anymore.

Edited by Twilight Dirac

Ah, The Legend of Zelda, one of my childhood favorites. It's definitely one of those franchises that always, always, always catches my attention. It's sort of unfortunate though, that I've mostly settled on just watching playthroughs of the recent games. Sure, the overall story and feel of the characters has always been the main draw of the series for me, but watching someone else play the game just isn't the same. If only had more cash to toss around...

Anyway, I don't have much love for any of the 2d games, with four swords adventure being the only exception. I absolutely love offline multiplayer, that's the number one piece of gaming history I'll miss. I think the 3d games really captured that feeling of a big open world to explore. Plenty of people to talk to, barging into houses and breaking their pottery, galloping across wide open plains from dawn till dusk: that sense of adventure.

It's that reason that my favorite Zelda game is still Wind Waker. Sure 90% of the world was ocean, but there were so many islands out there and all the beasties you'd find throughout the sea, really made exploration exciting. Just hearing that sailing tune sends me back (Ocean). The different people you meet along the way, the many monsters that rise from the depths at night and the towering dungeons you had to traverse; the game just made all the right moves. I'm not really sure how Skyward Sword fares when it comes to actual size of the world map, but it definitely felt smaller since there was a lack of many cities and such.

To be honest, if I were to call one series, one name as the symbol of the adventure genre, the example of everything and adventure game can and should be; I'd say The Legend of Zelda.