Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Ya know, ive never been able to understand those games at all. I should give them a run through this weekend or sometime soon.

they're strange, and different. a tip is to start with Earthbound, because Earthbound Zero is a hard piece to get into, and Mother 3 gets a lot more impact when you've already completed Earthbound (mostly because it carries plot elements over from its predecessor).

i dunno what else to say about them. they might not be for everyone, perhaps.

they're strange, and different. a tip is to start with Earthbound, because Earthbound Zero is a hard piece to get into, and Mother 3 gets a lot more impact when you've already completed Earthbound (mostly because it carries plot elements over from its predecessor).

i dunno what else to say about them. they might not be for everyone, perhaps.

Which one comes first? Regardless of how hard it is to get into, I wanna start from the very beginning.

Which one comes first? Regardless of how hard it is to get into, I wanna start from the very beginning.

it's really not recommended that you do, because of its archaic controls (ever played a RPG on the NES before?). but, if you insist...

Earthbound Zero is the first in the series. it was originally called just EarthBound, but it was never released in the US. the title in Japan is Mother. it actually got a full translation, which got dumped as a ROM all over the internet years after the release of its sequel. i haven't played much of it, and it might give a poor taste of the series if you get into it.

i'd recommend you get into Earthbound on the SNES, the sequel. it improves on a lot of the things from the original game, and even this got a full, official translation, which is probably one of the best damn translated games the SNES ever got. if you get into this game, you know what to expect from every other game in the series. it's the perfect middle ground, and it's also got a fair difficulty level, which serves well for its sequel.

Mother 3, or Earthbound 2, if you will. the last game in the sequel, and the only one not to get a translation. it got a fan-translation, though, which is available on the net. once you've beat Earthbound, Mother 3 serves as a good way to get through next, because it's basically an improvement of the SNES game.

my RECOMMENDED order is this: Earthbound (because it's a good entry point) - Mother 3 (because it's a damn good sequel) - Earthbound Zero (because once you know how a Earthbound game is like, it's easier to stomach this archaic brother).

but if you want, the chronological order is: Earthbound Zero - Earthbound - Mother 3.

the games were called Mother 1, 2, and 3 in Japan, respectively, in case you're confused. Earthbound is the name it got in North America.

i hope that cleared things up.

• Brohoof 1

well, Nestopia didn't freeze for me when i met a Hippie now.

Earthbound Zero is fun, but a very archaic game. it's akin to playing other NES RPGs: they don't feel very polished, and it's easier to die if you don't know what you're doing.

it's really not recommended that you do, because of its archaic controls (ever played a RPG on the NES before?). but, if you insist...

Earthbound Zero is the first in the series. it was originally called just EarthBound, but it was never released in the US. the title in Japan is Mother. it actually got a full translation, which got dumped as a ROM all over the internet years after the release of its sequel. i haven't played much of it, and it might give a poor taste of the series if you get into it.

i'd recommend you get into Earthbound on the SNES, the sequel. it improves on a lot of the things from the original game, and even this got a full, official translation, which is probably one of the best damn translated games the SNES ever got. if you get into this game, you know what to expect from every other game in the series. it's the perfect middle ground, and it's also got a fair difficulty level, which serves well for its sequel.

Mother 3, or Earthbound 2, if you will. the last game in the sequel, and the only one not to get a translation. it got a fan-translation, though, which is available on the net. once you've beat Earthbound, Mother 3 serves as a good way to get through next, because it's basically an improvement of the SNES game.

my RECOMMENDED order is this: Earthbound (because it's a good entry point) - Mother 3 (because it's a damn good sequel) - Earthbound Zero (because once you know how a Earthbound game is like, it's easier to stomach this archaic brother).

but if you want, the chronological order is: Earthbound Zero - Earthbound - Mother 3.

the games were called Mother 1, 2, and 3 in Japan, respectively, in case you're confused. Earthbound is the name it got in North America.

i hope that cleared things up.

Oh snap. Yeah, that cleared everything up.

I managed to find all three and even get a patch for Mother 3 to make it English, so now Im all set to try out these games.

Thankies for all that info, Viscra. :3

(edited)

I was going through all the Mother games just to make sure they all worked properly and my goodness is the music good.

Especially Earthbound Zero's intro so far. Holy crap.

@,

Would you mind reviewing something for me?

Sure, why not.

RAIN BROS

Some awesome rain and thunder here now.

Its raining here as well, except its not awesome. :l Edited by Haven
  • Brohoof 1

I was going through all the Mother games just to make sure they all worked properly and my goodness is the music good.

Especially Earthbound Zero's intro so far. Holy crap.

try out Earthbound then. if you thought Zero was good, Earthbound is Zero x10 the awesome factor. it says something when the music of the whole game is a third the size of the cartridge.

Its raining here as well, except its not awesome. :l

Cuz I'm not there? :3

Naw, it was awesome because there is a creek near my backyard, and my younger bro and I went out to the creek to see how flooded it was. In the hard rain. And just after we got back to the house, there was a huge clap of thunder.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Mind if you review something for me...?

Sure. :3

Edit: Will see the above

prepare your anus

I'm always prepared.

Busy week I'm guessing? 

Very... Busy to the point where my emotions went all over the place. I'd be flipping between depressed, overjoyed and angry a lot...

My sanity took a nice hit this week, but I've now officially left college, and I'm feeling pretty damn proud of myself :3

Edited by Crazy Yadge
  • Brohoof 1

Cuz I'm not there? :3

Quite possibly. X3

Naw, it was awesome because there is a creek near my backyard, and my younger bro and I went out to the creek to see how flooded it was. In the hard rain. And just after we got back to the house, there was a huge clap of thunder.

The only part about that that I wouldnt like, is being in the hard rain part.

I have not read it. It actually took me a while to figure out it was a different story from the other one you showed me.

Once I figured out it was a totally different story, I figured out its a twidash fic. Not one for shipping usually, but it does seem quite good. You've a way to make someone want to actually read and figure out what the hell happened to the characters beforehand, thats for sure.

I say its quite good so far. Keep at it.

• Brohoof 1

Sure. :3

Edit: Will see the above

I'm always prepared.

Very... Busy to the point where my emotions went all over the place. I'd be flipping between depressed, overjoyed and angry a lot...

My sanity took a nice hit this week, but I've now officially left college, and I'm feeling pretty damn proud of myself :3

So by officially you mean for the summer, or all together? 

Quite possibly. X3

The only part about that that I wouldnt like, is being in the hard rain part.

YAY X3

And that's the best part! D:

You get to take a warm shower when night is falling when you're done. D:

RAIN BROS

Some awesome rain and thunder here now.

Dude, I'm freakin' jealous.

I'm always prepared.

But you know what wasn't prepared? The seventh planet.

Google was prepared for my search query...

<>

And I only managed to get up to 2.5 million notes, still 25% of 10M notes, and 1M notes shy of TSMB2's 3.5M Bad Apple...

• Brohoof 1