General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

@@Miss H@@Sir Punicpunch, weirdest thing happened to me. Apparently, my brother's friends think I have Asperger's.

To be honest, I'm a bit unsurprised (I've suspected that something was off on and off for forever), but I'm also a bit shocked that someone would bring it up. Maybe it's time I get my weird behaviour a name once and for all?

If you want me to be honest, I don't think it's very far-fetched at all and don't think he's far off. You do have a peculiar way about you.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with that at all, so don't think of it like that just in case you do!

I just realized I haven't added like, any of you guys to friends.

I doesn't really matter but I did it anyways, sue me.

Holy shit, I have like, 16 friend requests sitting in my thing waiting approval.

All of them from people I don't even remotely know. I never actually know where they come from either, since like, I don't get notifs and I barely even go out of this thread...

Also, added.

If you want me to be honest, I don't think it's very far-fetched at all and don't think he's far off. You do have a peculiar way about you.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with that at all, so don't think of it like that just in case you do!

Holy shit, I have like, 16 friend requests sitting in my thing waiting approval.

All of them from people I don't even remotely know. I never actually know where they come from either, since like, I don't get notifs and I barely even go out of this thread...

Also, added.

I'm just scared that whatever is going on is gonna affect me in a debilitating way or result in some sort of breakdown. Used to be that whatever I had was an asset; now it's just weighing me down.

I think no matter what happens, I'm still a smart and capable person. It's just really hard for me to believe that and even harder for me to prove it.

I'm just scared that whatever is going on is gonna affect me in a debilitating way or result in some sort of breakdown. Used to be that whatever I had was an asset; now it's just weighing me down.

I think no matter what happens, I'm still a smart and capable person. It's just really hard for me to believe that and even harder for me to prove it.

Lots of people with aspergers and its other variations/related syndromes make it fine in life, so you should not worry so much about it, really. Like, you've done well this far in from what i can tell, just because it gets a proper label now doesn't change that at all.

As for being scared, that's not uncommon, so hey. It shouldn't cause a breakdown due to what I said above. Nothing's really different other than having a name for something now. So, why breakdown over the same old same old?

@@Miss H@@Sir Punicpunch, weirdest thing happened to me. Apparently, my brother's friends think I have Asperger's.

To be honest, I'm a bit unsurprised (I've suspected that something was off on and off for forever), but I'm also a bit shocked that someone would bring it up. Maybe it's time I get my weird behaviour a name once and for all?

Well I have it.. Well they called it high functioning Autism, but that is what I have, and I have my own set of weird behavior that turns everyone off, I do overcome it a lot, but my social awkwardness makes it hard for me to make and maintain friends and all... But yeah. It's nothing to be ashamed about. I would not be me without it, and I don't want to get rid of it. I wanna be the weird and quirky me (and am proud of it) but I do also want to get along with others and have a good social life as well.

Well I have it.. Well they called it high functioning Autism, but that is what I have, and I have my own set of weird behavior that turns everyone off, I do overcome it a lot, but my social awkwardness makes it hard for me to make and maintain friends and all... But yeah. It's nothing to be ashamed about. I would not be me without it, and I don't want to get rid of it. I wanna be the weird and quirky me (and am proud of it) but I do also want to get along with others and have a good social life as well.

One of my mates has that. It affects him in quite a few ways, it seems. He doesn't have it really bad, but he still has it.

i also have the same diagnosis. it does make regular aspects of living a lot harder (socially awkward, very specific interests, slow to catch up on certain things), but here in Sweden at least there's a lot of help that people like me can get to make it through life easier (jobs where you interact with workers similar to you, being able to get money and afford services that would otherwise be costly like gym passes, and courses for training up social cues).

i'm just glad i'm not low-functioning, though. from what i can tell, those people are basically prisoners in their own mind.

I think I have it, but not sure. I never got the chance to really get it checked, and don't really have one at the moment... (but you probably already know that because that's on my profile and I've posted three times (I think) in the autism thread). Nonetheless, I agree with that take on it. I sure as heck don't want to be like everyone else, because being unique is a good thing (well, in most cases, I guess. Not certain things, though, as in how some specific feature of my face looks at the moment... I'm even being awkward on here x_x).

The only one I have pending is for literally the creepiest looking person I've ever seen (other than myself in the mirror) O.o... I usually just accept them for the most part, because I feel why not. Maybe that's me just being really freaking naïve, like I've always been, I don't really know.

*Randomly posting in thread I haven't posted in for a long time... *Awkward feeling**

The only one I have pending is for literally the creepiest looking person I've ever seen (other than myself in the mirror) O.o... I usually just accept them for the most part, because I feel why not. Maybe that's me just being really freaking naïve, like I've always been, I don't really know.

*Randomly posting in thread I haven't posted in for a long time... *Awkward feeling**

The only real time I accept random friend requests like that is just to clear stuff off and whatnot and I'm too lazy/don't care enough to hit the "decline" button. It's rather pointless otherwise cause, I mean, Its not like I've actually talked to that person ever before, why would I show that we're some kind of friends?

The only real time I accept random friend requests like that is just to clear stuff off and whatnot and I'm too lazy/don't care enough to hit the "decline" button. It's rather pointless otherwise cause, I mean, Its not like I've actually talked to that person ever before, why would I show that we're some kind of friends?

That makes sense to me, but for some reason I just blindly accept most if I have any idea who they are.

i'm just glad i'm not low-functioning, though. from what i can tell, those people are basically prisoners in their own mind.

Also, you just described my younger sisters.

Now my long term concerns are this: confirming my suspicions at all and being able to go through the process of confirming my suspicions.

I don't really get any anymore. Wish I did, probably should be more active....

<insert comment here>

I think I have it, but not sure. I never got the chance to really get it checked, and don't really have one at the moment... (but you probably already know that because that's on my profile and I've posted three times (I think) in the autism thread).

Wait, there's an autism thread?!