General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

omg Blue Shift actually has bearable encounters with military enemies??? NO WAI.

idk why but it's a lot more fun actually fighting the military in that game as opposed to Half Life. they must have laid out the encounters with them a lot better than Valve did. the AR is actually useful in this game!

The original Half-Life is best Half-Life.

We should have music wars on the forums. That would be fun.

We already have the music thread in Forum Games. it's pretty much a war over there

Why the heavy tinfoil is called, well, tinfoil? :wacko:

k3v45pe.jpg?1

i can't seem to find anything about it from the google :x

*smacks Google

What distinguishes the Heavy Tinfoil from other metal genres?

Heavy tinfoil is heavy metal. I just call it heavy tinfoil 'cuz Angus Young.

I always like forums like this, it's nice just to talk about whatever smile.png

Yes, the GCT is the safest place. And honestly, the most intelligent.

• Brohoof 1

The original Half-Life is best Half-Life.

it's a good game, yes, but it being the best one i'm not sure of. it's got some frustrating levels which gives you a slim chance of survival unless you know what you're doing, the military in the game is frustrating beyond belief to deal with due to how they are placed in the game, and the Xen world is a total no in regards of FPS design. Opposing Force has better action, and no annoying military to deal with, plus a lot of cool new toys to play with, and a slick HUD. Blue Shift has some drab puzzles, but the combat feels a lot more fluid than Half Life, especially when it comes to the military. Half-Life has better story elements, though. Blue Shift feels like Sierra dragging out on the popularity of the title, and Opposing Force's story isn't much more than "you are stranded on a alien-infested research facility with your buddies and you need to make it through alive."

KvTw2d6.png

Soundcloud---------Twitter---------Tumblr---------DeviantArt

Heavy tinfoil is heavy metal. I just call it heavy tinfoil 'cuz Angus Young.

Ookay. That's a funny way to call the genre :wacko:

I always like forums like this, it's nice just to talk about whatever smile.png

As long as you don't talk about usurping Feld0's royal throne :3

Btw, hello there!

• Brohoof 2

k3v45pe.jpg?1

it's a good game, yes, but it being the best one i'm not sure of. it's got some frustrating levels which gives you a slim chance of survival unless you know what you're doing, the military in the game is frustrating beyond belief to deal with due to how they are placed in the game, and the Xen world is a total no in regards of FPS design. Opposing Force has better action, and no annoying military to deal with, plus a lot of cool new toys to play with, and a slick HUD. Blue Shift has some drab puzzles, but the combat feels a lot more fluid than Half Life, especially when it comes to the military. Half-Life has better story elements, though. Blue Shift feels like Sierra dragging out on the popularity of the title, and Opposing Force's story isn't much more than "you are stranded on a alien-infested research facility with your buddies and you need to make it through alive."

I meant compared to Half-Life 2. Even so it's a very close race. Episode 2 was awesome.

And Xen. Oh god xen. The giant mother headcrab before Nihilanth, I had to use cheats she was so hard to beat.

All this talk about Half Life when StarCraft is CLEARLY the best game ever.  Period.

That's like, two periods.  

YEAH!

LVDLKhp.png

"Dumping someone is like throwing a kitten into a pool of lava." - Day[9]

'I see!' said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

All this talk about Half Life when StarCraft is CLEARLY the best game ever.  Period.

That's like, two periods.  

YEAH!

Apples to oranges man.

But yes Starcraft is groundbreakingly, electrifingly, mind-blowingly good.

I meant compared to Half-Life 2. Even so it's a very close race. Episode 2 was awesome.

And Xen. Oh god xen. The giant mother headcrab before Nihilanth, I had to use cheats she was so hard to beat.

Half Life 2 is also a good game, thoguh i've heard that the episodes are better (i've never played them). way too many hitscanners everywhere, but it's a much more enjoyable romp than Half Life is.

you mean the Gonarch? it isn't actually that hard to beat, imo. predictable melee attacks and projectiles. the most annoying thing about it is that it keeps spawning baby headcrabs. FUCK THOSE THINGS WITH AN IRON POLE.

also, the worst thing about Xen is when you have to use jumppads to piggyback on alien ships. WORST EXAMPLE OF FPS DESIGN EVER.

also, i've never played an RTS game.

Edited by Nihilanth

KvTw2d6.png

also, the worst thing about Xen is when you have to use jumppads to piggyback on alien ships. WORST EXAMPLE OF FPS DESIGN EVER.

Jump pads are fun.

not when they launch you 50 metres from the ground if you jump at the wrong time, while at the same time trying to land on an alien ship that floats around in the air.

Eh, that's what quicksave is for.

And what's with the members putting navels on their avatars and turning cute ponies into alien babies?

Edited by Modphase

having to quicksave frequently to get past a part of the game like so is not good game-design. it only serves to frustrate and give the illusion of longer play-time.

I thought you said you liked this game...

i do tongue.png

i'm just pointing out flaws in the game that could have been improved upon to make the game better.

All old games have flaws. New games seem to have less.

All old games have flaws. New games seem to have less.

ancient software and hardware tend to have more bugs. they get ironed out as time goes by and technology improves.

though, from what i've heard, new games aren't that flawless, what with the poorly optimized console-to-PC ports, games at full-price on retail, with massive amounts of bugs they iron out in patches that sometimes they have the courtesy to charge you with to update, games with sneaky micro-transitions... not same types of flaws as in Half Life but still flaws nonetheless.

and now i will have to go sleep. goodnight.

• Brohoof 1

KvTw2d6.png