Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Well today was my first-ish day on my job. My first training day will be on Thursday.

At least I got a bit of money from today going into my paycheck. xD Finally I will be getting money. But I have to wait a long time before I get my first paycheck.

So what's up everyone?

Oh, man, being on a payroll is a good feeling XD

Speaking of work I'm at work right now as I post this, haha!  Nothing is happening today so I'm just sitting here, at the front desk, watching pony videos and chatting with people :P

Oh, man, being on a payroll is a good feeling XD

Speaking of work I'm at work right now as I post this, haha!  Nothing is happening today so I'm just sitting here, at the front desk, watching pony videos and chatting with people :P

Sounds fun and wonderful, to goof off and be paid to goof off. xD Nah.. I'd prefer to work to get the money.

I can't wait for my first paycheck. I just hope I will get lots of hours and will get a lot of money. I'm glad I have a job again. Now I just need to keep it.

Well today was my first-ish day on my job. My first training day will be on Thursday.

At least I got a bit of money from today going into my paycheck. xD Finally I will be getting money. But I have to wait a long time before I get my first paycheck.

So what's up everyone?

Was previously Googling Lego bricks.

Now I might go back to mod dev considering that I just did some mod dev yesterday...

Was previously Googling Lego bricks.

Now I might go back to mod dev considering that I just did some mod dev yesterday...

Sounds exciting. Now that I have a job things will be less boring. And I will actually have money to do things.

Do you get paid to do that mod dev stuff? Or do you just do it for fun?

Sounds fun and wonderful, to goof off and be paid to goof off. xD Nah.. I'd prefer to work to get the money.

I can't wait for my first paycheck. I just hope I will get lots of hours and will get a lot of money. I'm glad I have a job again. Now I just need to keep it.

As do I, haha!  But I won't say no to a quiet day once in a while, especially after some of the crap we deal with here.  (Like this past summer's "Summer Reading Programme".... that was a nightmare -_-)

Sounds exciting. Now that I have a job things will be less boring. And I will actually have money to do things.

Do you get paid to do that mod dev stuff? Or do you just do it for fun?

I wish there was payment involved... But a lot of the stuff I make hinges on the fact that it's something that people actually need.

My previous dev frenzy (it's for a SC4 mod) actually started here... http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=990.11560

As do I, haha!  But I won't say no to a quiet day once in a while, especially after some of the crap we deal with here.  (Like this past summer's "Summer Reading Programme".... that was a nightmare -_-)

Where do you work? Sounds like you do office work though.

I wish there was payment involved... But a lot of the stuff I make hinges on the fact that it's something that people actually need.

Hmm I see. Maybe you should try to get it to where you actually do get paid, I guess. xD

Where do you work? Sounds like you do office work though.

I work at a college campus Library and at a local library.  So yeah, libraries :3

It's weird today, especially, because I'm at work at the local library (which is usually really busy) and nothing is happening, and earlier today when I was working at the on-campus library (where it's usually so quiet that you can hear a pin drop) it was bustling crazy...

I work at a college campus Library and at a local library.  So yeah, libraries :3

It's weird today, especially, because I'm at work at the local library (which is usually really busy) and nothing is happening, and earlier today when I was working at the on-campus library (where it's usually so quiet that you can hear a pin drop) it was bustling crazy...

School libraries are more active then public ones, because for one there are things at school libraries that students need, while the public ones are the opposite, I guess. xD

I don't do libraries though. I don't read books. xD I mean reading can be fun, but I just don't read. I get impatient with reading. xD

I accidentally myself with a knife last night. I'm OK, though. No need for stitches, just some washing.

Hmm I see. Maybe you should try to get it to where you actually do get paid, I guess.

The closest thing to that are site donations for site upkeep.

http://youtu.be/jeM2SSKS-Aw

Does it have wifi? Because the library I go to has wifi. That's how I'm able to be like the Internet, everywhere and nowhere.

School libraries are more active then public ones, because for one there are things at school libraries that students need, while the public ones are the opposite, I guess. xD

I don't do libraries though. I don't read books. xD I mean reading can be fun, but I just don't read. I get impatient with reading. xD

That's understandable.  You'd think that a school library would be the busier of the two, however since we provide free wifi and twenty usable computers as well as new movies and CDs AND community programmes our public library gets really busy all the time :P  People don't come here for books any more, it's all about the movies, CDs and computers now.

That's understandable.  You'd think that a school library would be the busier of the two, however since we provide free wifi and twenty usable computers as well as new movies and CDs AND community programmes our public library gets really busy all the time :P  People don't come here for books any more, it's all about the movies, CDs and computers now.

I tend to be the one to buy stuff, not rent it or stuff like that. xD Even though I don't watch movies either. I don't do much I guess. xD Libraries don't interest me. I use my own personal computer for things and the internet at my house.

What do you mean by that? Do you mean the site (or game) that you mod dev on or this one?

The forums for the SC4 fansites I'm on run on donations for upkeep, kinda like this site. That's the best way I can explain it.

That's understandable.  You'd think that a school library would be the busier of the two, however since we provide free wifi and twenty usable computers as well as new movies and CDs AND community programmes our public library gets really busy all the time  People don't come here for books any more, it's all about the movies, CDs and computers now.

When was the last time people came to libraries to check out books?

By the way, can you guess who invented the library?

The forums for the SC4 fansites I'm on run on donations for upkeep, kinda like this site. That's the best way I can explain it.

Oh I see. The site I own runs off my parents pretty much. xD Even though now I have a job I can afford more things and such.

I wonder how many donate on this site. xD I donated some, as you saw, but I wonder out of everyone who does. xD

Edited by Lil'Cinnamon

When was the last time people came to libraries to check out books?

By the way, can you guess who invented the library?

I feel like that is something that I should know off the top of my head but unfortunately I don't, but I bet you'll tell me :)

I feel like that is something that I should know off the top of my head but unfortunately I don't, but I bet you'll tell me

Ben Franklin. He also created his own phonetic alphabet. And bifocals (or rather, may be one of the first to use them).

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

Ben Franklin. He also created his own phonetic alphabet. And bifocals (or rather, may be one of the first to use them).

I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate (hem, hem) [unless you mean the Library of Congress system of organisation]

But yes, I am familiar with Franklin's many engineering/intellectual accomplishments, he used to be something of a role model for me XD

OK, but aren't boxes really useful for storing small items? And for hiding? And for giving people back pain?

Not in Team Fortress 2! They're things you get as a drop that allows for you to get new items (sometimes an unusual hat.)