General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Struggling to get sleep. The sun is already up. xD But I don't think that I'll be able to get sleep. But I'll still try.

I know this feel. I've gotten like 7 hours of sleep total over the past 2 days, and right now it looks like I'm slated to get a glorious... 1-2 hours of sleep? Fuck.

• Brohoof 2

MLPFSignature.png.59d9585b08bc894da6c58dade70c9bab.png

By the way, I have a question for you guys: For those who haven't answered yet, if you have any asphalt roads in your area, what colour are they? Don't say they're just black; I'm looking for a specific shade of grey to greyish-black.

Also, if there are any concrete roads in your area? If so, can you describe what they look like?

I'm asking this because, well, this:

img-2842949-1-vArTfYJ.png

img-2842949-2-SMFyZ5X.png

img-2842949-3-fxeMuk1.png

Ours are pretty sun bleached, as you say.

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls

Morning all what is up today?

Struggling to get sleep. The sun is already up. xD But I don't think that I'll be able to get sleep. But I'll still try.

I know this feel. I've gotten like 7 hours of sleep total over the past 2 days, and right now it looks like I'm slated to get a glorious... 1-2 hours of sleep? Fuck.

Guys, seriously, I fell asleep at, what 03:00 and managed even then to wake up at 08:00.

Ours are pretty sun bleached, as you say.

Which of the three texture samples would you say match what you describe? By the way, the top one is actually concrete.

I know Ganaram does programming for his mods. 

Yeah, but the codesy stuff I do is not analogous to any other programming language that exists in the world.

• Brohoof 1

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Guys, seriously, I fell asleep at, what 03:00 and managed even then to wake up at 08:00.

That's not a bad time to sleep, that's more then what I got last night. xD But now I'm going to be awake. xD

• Brohoof 1

siggeh163.png

I'm a COLT/STALLION, not a filly/mare. Just because I have a round muzzle does not mean I'm female. Remember that. =3

Signature made by me, vectors in signature and avatar also made by me.

Hello! How is everyone doing right now?

Tired, mainly. Just woke up-ish, and didn't get much sleep. How are you doing?

siggeh163.png

I'm a COLT/STALLION, not a filly/mare. Just because I have a round muzzle does not mean I'm female. Remember that. =3

Yeah, but the codesy stuff I do is not analogous to any other programming language that exists in the world.

So no Python or C++?

If you have an aptitude for programming there is no end to what you could build with the right langauges.

I'm only interested in web development and design so the programming I do doesn't tend to be hugely complex.

sig-18793.ComicConReviews.png

So no Python or C++?

It's essentially all numbers for me.

It's essentially 0xaddress1,a,b,0xaddress2,c,d=0xaddress3,e,f,0xaddress4,g,h, and that's the easiest to explain. The other form of that I deal with is just number, comma, number, comma, number, comma, number, comma, number, comma times 100, number, comma, number, comma, 0xaddress1, comma, number, comma, number, etc.

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Tired, mainly. Just woke up-ish, and didn't get much sleep. How are you doing?

Ahh, I see... I'm doing alright, though I was practically dead tired earlier x.x Went to bed about 2 AM, woke up about 6 AM... Ugh... But besides that, back to doing what I tend to do normally: play games :P

Ahh, I see... I'm doing alright, though I was practically dead tired earlier x.x Went to bed about 2 AM, woke up about 6 AM... Ugh... But besides that, back to doing what I tend to do normally: play games :P

Sounds like more sleep then I have gotten. But I am not sure. xD

I spent the night at my friends place. I had to sleep on a couch and my body is really picky on how I sleep. xD -shrug-

But I got more sleep then I expected I would get! xD

siggeh163.png

Sounds like more sleep then I have gotten. But I am not sure. xD

I spent the night at my friends place. I had to sleep on a couch and my body is really picky on how I sleep. xD -shrug-

But I got more sleep then I expected I would get! xD

Hahah... It was 4 hours, but I can't stand getting less than 7 hours of sleep >_<

(edited)

Which of the three texture samples would you say match what you describe? By the way, the top one is actually concrete.

Top one. I realize it's concrete, but the asphalt gets pretty grayed out eventually. Maybe the center one applies for one of our highways. Edited by Super80 Wolf

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls

Hahah... It was 4 hours, but I can't stand getting less than 7 hours of sleep >_<

Yeah, though I do struggle with sleep a lot lately, but I can get good sleep most of the time.

I don't feel too bad today, which is a good thing.

I'm about to go out and get some breakfast with my friends. So I might not be able to come on here, but I would be available on Steam though, cause I will have that on my phone.

• Brohoof 1

siggeh163.png

Hahah, that's cool! Hope you have a nice breakfast! :)

Depends if I will eat anyway. xD Cause my stomach is upset a bit. Usually in the mornings I'm never hungry so I never end up eating until around 3 PM to 5 PM. -shrug-

Time to head out, I can catch you on Steam. ^^

• Brohoof 1

siggeh163.png

Depends if I will eat anyway. xD Cause my stomach is upset a bit. Usually in the mornings I'm never hungry so I never end up eating until around 3 PM to 5 PM. -shrug-

Yeah, I do the same thing. It's weird.

AluKfrD.png

Tumblr

Time to head out, I can catch you on Steam. ^^

Yeah, I do the same thing. It's weird.

How do you guys survive? All I had for breakfast was a hot pocket and that dinky kid's frozen pbj sandwich.

Hey, you know how in French, they say numbers 70-99 in such a way that, if you translated it literally, it'd be sixtyten, fourtwenties, and fourtwenty-ten, for 70, 80, and 90, and that 99 would be fourtwenty-nineteen?

Well, now you know.

I say this because of the numbers eleven and twelve, which have unique names compared to thirteen to nineteen; the teens work like this: thirteen, with "thir" meaning three and "teen" meaning ten, but not 100. (There was a Japanese game show and long story short, the number of E's in the word ten does NOT correspond to the number of zeros in the number 10. Or any other powers of 10.)

If eleven and twelve worked like all the other teens, would they be named oneteen and twenteen?

But French and other Romance languages have unique names for thirteen and above; you can Google it to see what I mean (the French cutoff is at 16 and in Spanish, it's 15), so what if the numbers 13 and above had unique names like eleven and twelve? "What would they be named?" was my biggest question and was something that I thought would be a good topic for Numberphile to do. Musings from 01:00 last night.

a0AgWVX.png

<>

How do you guys survive? All I had for breakfast was a hot pocket and that dinky kid's frozen pbj sandwich.

Hey, you know how in French, they say numbers 70-99 in such a way that, if you translated it literally, it'd be sixtyten, fourtwenties, and fourtwenty-ten, for 70, 80, and 90, and that 99 would be fourtwenty-nineteen?

Well, now you know.

I say this because of the numbers eleven and twelve, which have unique names compared to thirteen to nineteen; the teens work like this: thirteen, with "thir" meaning three and "teen" meaning ten, but not 100. (There was a Japanese game show and long story short, the number of E's in the word ten does NOT correspond to the number of zeros in the number 10. Or any other powers of 10.)

If eleven and twelve worked like all the other teens, would they be named oneteen and twenteen?

But French and other Romance languages have unique names for thirteen and above; you can Google it to see what I mean (the French cutoff is at 16 and in Spanish, it's 15), so what if the numbers 13 and above had unique names like eleven and twelve? "What would they be named?" was my biggest question and was something that I thought would be a good topic for Numberphile to do. Musings from 01:00 last night.

You just confused the hell outta me. My brain is now mush.

• Brohoof 1

AluKfrD.png

Tumblr

I just ate too much food, and now I feel sick thanks to overindulgence.

I think that's the ultimate first world problem, right there.

Ganaram does that sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/1378q7/japan_and_numbers/

If you attempted the same thing with Spanish, which letter do you pick? Do you pick the I or the E? Should it be diiiez or dieeez for 1000? At least in French, it's easier; there's only one middle letter to pick, and that's the ħ.

Also, they is becoming a singular nown.

I just ate too much food, and now I feel sick thanks to overindulgence.

I think that's the ultimate first world problem, right there.

No; for me, the ultimate FWPs are these:

- Years prior, you didn't have all that much stuff. Now you have a lot and no place to put it all. True story.

- Having nothing to eat despite having a fridge/pantry full of food, but claiming that it's not tasty enough. Guilty as charged.

- Nickelodeon is taken off of DirectTV. It's happened once before, but rarely do I watch TV.

- Blackout. Yeah, I can't live without power, but most of humanity has gone quite nicely without our modern-day axioms throughout its bajillion-year existence. Coupled with the tendency to die younger and you'd have less time being bored and therefore no need for modern-day axioms.

- You grow up in a germ-free environment but you have extreme allergies or sickness compared to someone growing up in an environment rife with germs. Or just (un)comfortably close to livestock. This is a sad but true issue, which is shocking to some people when they hear about the mom who lets her kid eat on the floor.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk
  • Brohoof 1

a0AgWVX.png

<>