General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

11 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Shall I explode from excitement again?

5 minutes ago, Panzy said:

If exercise is good for you, then why does it hurt so much?

Exercise is like breaking your bones so that they heal back stronger.

But for your muscles.

I wonder why I don't go in here as much as I should...

5 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I forgot how to play that a long time ago...

Last time I played Yu-Gi-Oh was like, 2006 I think. I don't know either, and even at that I just mostly collected.

13 minutes ago, Viscra Maelstrom said:

*pokes her head inside*

Inside what?

10 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Well, it was only a matter of time before my modding of Skyrim would result in the corruption of a save.

Time to do the exact same thing again.

I've yet to have that happen to me.

6 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Nevermind, I guess Skyrim is just a fickle game to mod.

Or I'm stupid and did something wrong.

Hi. 

Well, I logged over 300 hours in Cities Skylines and most of that time was with a modded instance. Most of the time, its almost unplayable due to my outdated computer being a potato.

2 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Hi. 

Well, I logged over 300 hours in Cities Skylines and most of that time was with a modded instance. Most of the time, its almost unplayable due to my outdated computer being a potato.

R.I.P. Punicpunch's intelligence.

I was loading the wrong saves.

8 hours ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Hello!

I mean, it's not really that much of an exciting thing.

Idk, it could be.

Don't ruin my excitement. D<

6 hours ago, Panzy said:

If exercise is good for you, then why does it hurt so much?

Because you're body isn't actually used to it and it's aching from all the new experiences and feelings its getting from it. It only hurts less once you're used to it, so it never really doesn't ever hurt even a bit.

5 hours ago, Viscra Maelstrom said:

*pokes her head inside*

*pushes head back out*

5 hours ago, Panzy said:

You ever try to 100% a game, only to realize halfway into the game that you don't want to anymore?

Not normally. I either don't ever try do to that or I don't just give up that easily.

5 hours ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Well, it was only a matter of time before my modding of Skyrim would result in the corruption of a save.

Time to do the exact same thing again.

Rip your save.

Don't do it. Play a game that's actually fun without HAVING to have mods make it entertaining.

Which, now that I can think of it, my new pc should be able to run it like that. I may need to do a punch build and have some actual fun in Skyrim and play it for once since I never did.

On 4/20/2017 at 5:20 PM, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Trust me, its pretty ugly. I'm pretty much the only one who understands anything at all and nearly everyone else has no idea what they're doing. They go about things in ways that are messy, inefficient, and follow no pattern, and I'm the only one who could see beyond that and find the best possible alternatives. And the dev leader, I hate to say it, is the biggest offender.

Worst part is they don't even recognise how important I even am. Only one other person even realised how hyperstreched I was, and believe me, I was hyperstreched. Team's been shrinking for years. At one point, there were three devbronies and by 2015, I was the last one. Did literally everything solo because either no one else would or had no idea what I was doing. And no amount of explaining ever convinced them that my method was the best. Either that or they finally did understand it and it gets miscredited to everyone else.

I had every best intention for the team, and I failed to prove it. I was too overworked to even care, but then who even cared about me, anyway?

I'm probably exaggerating the last bit; they probably do care but I just don't want to go through that experience again of feeling unimportant. If I do return, it won't be to those communities, and if anyone asks, I'll probably deny them an answer or just disacknoledge them.

---------------

Here's the worst part: it's two separate communities that I left, one of which I moderated and the other one with the dev team, but because of how it's set up, everyone from that dev team also goes to that secondary community.

Even worse, that community is a community of communities. Back a bazillion years ago, I genuinely felt threatened with Cities Skylines dethroning SimCity 4, so I vehemently denied myself any interaction with the CS community and stuck with the SC4 community. Heck, it was even reflected in one of my sociology paper's rough drafts on, yes, SC4. And yes, even all of my subsequent programming projects.

(Even worrier worse, the oldest forum member on that communityception thing died at the age of I think he was in his 80s. I remember conversing with him, but it felt more like correcting him half the time, so I never spoke to him again. It wouldn't feel right for me to return there.

(Even worsisillier worse, one of the devbronies was one of my closest friends. He also had autism but I felt like I could understand him regardless. He even took it upon himself to freakin become an actual traffic engineer and I thought that was the coolest thing ever. (Like a broken record; many of my closest friends tend to have autism and it like never even phases me/them unless me bringing it up messes it up. (Like I even remember Jadefire talking about that and I think it upset him. (Oh my god, how many nested parentheses? (Oh my god, where even is Cinny?! (If you read this, you deserve a cookie. (Like seriously, I can go on all day. (I may as well, the bus doesn't come until 16:00. (Why can't I live closer to the university?!))))))))) 

Apparently that's also how my old friends thought I had aspergers; extremely passionate interest in a very obscure subject was one trait. Apparently I found out that they told my brother instead of telling it directly to me because they didn't wanna disturb me, which in itself already disturbs me.

I'm such a mess.

Well, you're not as big of a mess as some people ive seen, so there's that at least.

You can return there regardless of anything, hun. Nothing stops you but your own fears and worries, really. Not saying you HAVE to, but like, yeah. If you feel like you're ready to do so then you can whenever.

See, most things like that are just a bit of information that's only noticed when its brought up or spoke about. Nothing about it just makes it stand out 100% of the time unless you take the time to make it do that. You owe me like, three cookies now.

Yeah, that's pretty much what made me think you had something or another. it's that little bit of peculiarness that set it off, but like, again, that's not a bad thing by any means.

1 minute ago, Miss H said:

Idk, it could be.

Don't ruin my excitement. D<

Too late.

2 minutes ago, Miss H said:

Rip your save.

Fixed after not being stupid.

2 minutes ago, Miss H said:

Don't do it. Play a game that's actually fun without HAVING to have mods make it entertaining.

I understand the reasoning behind that, but I already had fun playing Skyrim without mods, mods just change it and make it fresh.

I mean, come on, I've put 487 hours into it on PC alone, not including the hours I've put in on console.

• Brohoof 1

One of these days, I wanna build a city where everything is named a tautology. Like Playa Beach, Highway Avenue, Mountain Hill, River Creek, Lake Reservoir, Interchange Junction... Either that, or everything is named after an inside joke (preferably a combination of the two), like Vissy Lake. By the way, does this look normal?

capture_lake_reservoir.thumb.png.4e6fbcaa228e2cab57b7f0d38240d549.png

26 minutes ago, Miss H said:

*pushes head back out*

<>

Which, now that I can think of it, my new pc should be able to run it like that. I may need to do a punch build and have some actual fun in Skyrim and play it for once since I never did.

Well, you're not as big of a mess as some people ive seen, so there's that at least.

You can return there regardless of anything, hun. Nothing stops you but your own fears and worries, really. Not saying you HAVE to, but like, yeah. If you feel like you're ready to do so then you can whenever.

See, most things like that are just a bit of information that's only noticed when its brought up or spoke about. Nothing about it just makes it stand out 100% of the time unless you take the time to make it do that. You owe me like, three cookies now.

Yeah, that's pretty much what made me think you had something or another. it's that little bit of peculiarness that set it off, but like, again, that's not a bad thing by any means.

Maybe I'm just better off starting anew somewhere else, though this time, I'll be far more cryptic and more towards gameplay. Mod developer's curse: you're invested more in mod development and testing than you are in the actual gameplay. Maybe this time, I can actually freakin' enjoy the game; after all, I recorded myself playing the game for the first time and had planned to upload it to YouoYTuuT as a secret video and OH MY GOODNESS what did Vissy ever do to you?! Wait, I probably have a clue...

And, dare I ask, what are your compooper specs?

26 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

I understand the reasoning behind that, but I already had fun playing Skyrim without mods, mods just change it and make it fresh.

I mean, come on, I've put 487 hours into it on PC alone, not including the hours I've put in on console.

Simcity 4 was, I think, the last game I ever bought on a physical medium. It never survived the transition to Winderps 10 because the dang thing couldn't be read. Because of that, I never tracked how many hours I logged, but if I had to guess, it'd be in the thousands. I think I win.

Also, you've also described how I play many of my games (Craftmine, for example). And, dare I ask, what are your compooper specs?

@Ganaram Inukshuk Like any Elderscrolls game, it gives you so much freedom in your actions and I simply enjoy that. Nobody really tells you what you have to do and how to develop your character. You can just go ahead and explore dungeons all day if you want to :D 

And the biggest plus for Skyrim is without a doubt its ability to be modded. Theres tons of it and some are even as big as a whole game! This adds so much variety to an already huge game, which is awesome!