Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

~Silver Essence~

25 users have voted

1. 1. Are you going to watch it?

• Yes
    • No

Whats your opinion of the show, is it good, is it bad, or is it god awful, leave your comments below. I personaly think that its god awful, but thats just me. Happy posting

I've heard of it, and that original Cartoon Network Teen Titans show from way back when was my childhood obsession. I'm sure I'll eventually tune in, it's gotten decent reviews from what I've seen. 

Whats your opinion of the show, is it good, is it bad, or is it god awful, leave your comments below. I personaly think that its god awful, but thats just me. Happy posting

I think it's awesome! I love it, as you can see by my signature. It's hilarious, and I don't understand all the hate. I'm the biggest fan of the original, and it did not disappoint me. Heck, I'm watching it right now, and cracking up. There's a rumor that this show was to test the fan's loyalty and maybe pick up a season 6 of the original series. :)

/)

Ok, I will give it another go. Plus i was a little biased just because it was different from the original series witch just rocked.Thanks for the advice and brony on!!

/)

• Brohoof 1

Eh. I'd say it's decent enough. The fact the original cast is there gives me a reason to watch it. It's kind of funny but i miss the dark and awesome action scenes the original had.

(edited)

I liked it. There are scenes where Raven reveals she is a brony/pegasister. She watches Pretty Pretty Pegasus and has all the toys.

part one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=pT-AcKAnnWI

part two...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1la-2MXQPqU&NR=1&feature=endscreen

and part three

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=EmFZoUHaU78&NR=1

Edited by Silverhoof

I like this show, though it is a bit goofy. Raven is by far my favorite. :3

I also made two Raven wallpapers, one with text and one textless. They're here and here. Thoughts? :3

I like the remake I guess, but I can't really compare it to the original. They might have the same characters but, I'm not really used to the remake right now. Like when they made a remake of the Looney Tunes known as The Looney Tunes Show, they made a swing and miss with the remake because it isn't really funny.

The batch of episodes from a week and a half ago were pretty bad.  The Trigon one was terrible... I mean, I know this is supposed to be a really comedic series with no continuity, but still...  If you want an example of how to do a Trigon comedic episode correctly, please see the "New Teen Titans" short from DC Nation below.  

Man.... I wish David Stack and Ben Jones who wrote/directed the DC Nation shorts (as well as the rest of the original crew) were involved in this show.....

The two episodes this week were better, almost on par with the premier.  Seems like this series will really be hit or miss, much like "MAD," who the producers of this show also made.

It looks alright, and I like it.

The only downfall about it for me is the new style. I really liked the original style. This one reminds me of cartoons for children of ages 4-12.

I wish they kept the old design. :C

But it's still an OK cartoon. I look forward to seeing more episodes.

I actually really liked the old series. I didn't know they were remaking it, though. I'll have to check this out. I always knew that around 2006, when stuff like this was getting discontinued in favor of the latest forgettable cookie-cutter junk, this old stuff would be brought back. And here it is. biggrin.png

What I'm really looking forward to is Xiaolin Chronicles, which is supposed to be out later this year. Xiaolin Showdown, despite winning an Emmy, was abruptly cutoff so they could make room for the latest incarnation of Scooby-Doo (not that there's anything wrong with Scooby, but he's like Superman... he gets stale after the fiftieth year or so). There again, does anybody remember anything about the 2006-ish version of Scooby-Doo? I didn't think so; there's a reason it hardly even lasted one season.

I knew they'd bring Omi back, sooner or later. I figured it'd take about ten years, and well... look at the calendar. happy.png

tumblr_m2txrzWIqq1rshoxpo1_500.png

Now how could anybody forget this little guy? I sure didn't. I watched that whole series through at least four times over. laugh.png

Yeah it's kinda different that they take all seriousness away from the show and make it overall a copmedy but it's really pretty hilarious humor. Kinda like an older Fairly Odd Parent with superheroes as the framework. I will probably watch more as i was pretty impressed that it was this entertaining.

I think its cute and funny! I like all teen titans (from the comics, to the anime like series, and now this). I think it would be a great show in the future....
The future...
The future..
The Future.

I liked it, solid 7/10. I was on /co/ when it premeired, oh boy howdy that was nuts. I've since quit in fear of them having a sh*tstorm hourly.

As long as the object of my teeny tiny little obsession, tara Strong, is involved. I'm all in.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watch last week's episode?

I have to admit, I really, really enjoyed the first part, "Dude Relax."  I had to look no further than the writer to figure out why.  This episode was written by Amy Wolfram, who was one of the main (and best) writers for the original series.  In fact, she wrote the most episodes of the original series.  Needless to say, she knows how to write for these characters, even in this crazy comedy-only setting.

What I think I liked about this episode was that it was pretty character-driven, much like the original show.  The episode, and all it's antics, focused on Robin's character, and his inability to turn "off," something which flows really well with the original series.  I kept thinking of the episode "Haunted."

Plus the comedy was solid, it had some interesting references (like Robin's childhood in the circus, which was hinted at in "Haunted."), and the ending was pretty funny, even if I saw it coming from the beginning.

Laundry day, on the other hand, was okay.  Nothing special, but not terrible.  It was about par for the course quality-wise for this series.

Here's to hoping we see more writers from the original series return to write episodes for this!  That's what made the "New Teen Titans" shorts so good.

• Brohoof 2

I think that they tried to make it too comic booky (like thats a word).  Not talking about the art style, but more of the speech bubbles, i mean do they really need those in a T.V. show?  I know that they were trying to make it more like the comic book, but they tried to hard

I was one of those people that immediately knew that this would be nothing like the original series, which was amazing, and I expected it to be a bit annoying. Watched an episode and I fell off my chair laughing.

I like the animation, the original cast, the comedy and the storylines. Sure they aren't the epic story arcs from the original show, but it is a nice contrast and it does kind of remind you that after all the Teen Titans are, well, teens.

• 1 month later...

I've watched a few episodes of Teen Titans Go! because I really liked the original show. Unfortunately, I'm just not able to enjoy it like I did before. I liked how the original show had the perfect balance of drama, comedy and action, but this is pretty much an entirely different show to be honest.

I decided to give this show a try. I watched a few of the episodes, and decided that the original show was so much better. I think it's fantastic that they got the original voice cast back together, but I just don't find the show anything worth spending time watching compared to the original. 

• 3 weeks later...

I find the show quite horrible. They overdo all their so called "comedy" and have no story line whatsoever. Every episode is just too ... I don't even know a good word to describe it, but it always feels the same, very bland. The original Teen Titans had a perfect balance of serious action, comedy, and story advancement, and even had some very dark background themes. Not to mention one of my favorite villains, Slade. 

This new "show" does not even come close to the standards that it's predecessor left behind.