Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Applejack sketch

A. Hesediel

So today I (tried to) drew my first Applejack, I decided to start the Mane 6 with her because she's an example of energetic and versatile pony, good for exercise withe first sketches I think, so I drew this kind of running/jumping Applejack. I know that it's full of mistakes like proportions, legs, etc., but it's a first try after all, and practice makes perfect, right? (Note: I did not mention to offend any AJ fan, so please forgive me for this badly drawn Applejack).post-14345-0-04869700-1366498524_thumb.jpg

Edited by RevenantGentleman
  • Brohoof 7

This looks amazing! If you hadn't said anything, I never would have guessed that this was your first try. I only see a few small things that could use improvement. Her body seems a little long, and her hind legs seem a little short and thin. Her head also looks a tiny bit tall, but that might just be me. Looking forward to more drawings from you!

• Brohoof 2

Please tell me you take requests, because that, for a first try, is amazing. With practice, I think you could be even better. Only problem I can see is the hind legs; bit thin. Besides that, nice!

• Brohoof 1

It looks very nice! Stop saying it's badly drawn, because it isn't. The body is a little bit long and the back legs seems a bit too thin. Other than that it's awesome :)

• Brohoof 2

I'm really glad that you appreciate my Applejack, and also thanks for the advices, I'll try to do my next sketch better; the next one will be Pinkie Pie, I'm starting it right now, I hope you'll like it and thanks again!laugh.png

This is a very strong start.  As well was what everypony else said I think her tail needs to be a little bit longer.  Notice how it's a little longer then the length of her body?   Plus the hat should be a little bit bigger.

apple_jack_running_by_squeegool-d3h608l.

• Brohoof 1

Great artwork!  Either you are a douche with photoshop and a bit of time, or you are extremely talented with your drawing tablet.  This is really a great piece; it really captures her movement.  You should do Rainbow Dash, it would be 20% coolerimg-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

• Brohoof 1

Wow, this is a good but simple sketch. Anyways, did you draw wrongly and erase several times  while drawing this art? Please reply me to answer the question. Alright, anyways, 7/10!

• Brohoof 1

Wow, this is a good but simple sketch. Anyways, did you draw wrongly and erase several times  while drawing this art? Please reply me to answer the question. Alright, anyways, 7/10!

Yes, indeed I wasn't sure of what I drew, so I had to erase several times before completing it.

Great artwork!  Either you are a douche with photoshop and a bit of time, or you are extremely talented with your drawing tablet.  This is really a great piece; it really captures her movement.  You should do Rainbow Dash, it would be 20% coolerimg-1390239-1-img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Haha I don't even know how to use photoshop, I just grabbed a sheet and a pencil and I drew it haha, anyway thanks for the compliments, I'm glad that people like this.