Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Looking for Bronies to Interview

AC1993

My name is Alex Cobb and I am a freshman in college.  I am writing a research paper about how awesome bronies are and it would be monumental if a few of y'all would be willing to be interviewed via email so I can give my class a true representation of bronies.

If you are interested, please email me at greyhound70@gmail.com

• Brohoof 6

As a person who went to college with someone who tried to pass off the whole brony presentation thing, you can do things like this as long as you make an interesting point with it. If you aren't looking to make a point and are just trying to be all like "zomg broneis are awesome aaaaaaaaaggghhh" you're going to make a fool out of yourself and you may or may not end up being laughed at.

I know I sound mean, but I'm dead serious. Just trying to make bronies sound awesome alone usually fails and to be honest there are much more interesting interview topics out there.

-edit-

I'm just gonna remove the link to cringe channel because there might actually be some nsfw content on there I don't know I can't stand it for the most part but there are currently many brony presentations on there don't be the next one.

Edited by Lord Bababa

I am interested. I sent you an e-mail. Good luck with your presentation. Let me know how it goes. I didn't know what to say in the email though, so I just said I was interested.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Hmm, seems interesting. I agree with the points Bababa made, try to explain the fandom in detail, and how everyone isn't a neckbeard.

Nonetheless, I shall get in contact with you soon, although I rarely use email. I would prefer something like Skype, but still, whatever is easiest for you.

My paper is more along the lines of explaining the subculture and it's impact on the dominant culture.  I didn't mean to make it sound like my argument is that "bronies are awesome" (even though y'all are).  I just wanted to make sure that y'all understood that I am writing from a pro-brony viewpoint and I am not going to use the information to bash or degrade y'all.

• Brohoof 1

Oh well in which case that's totally fine and might be kind of awesome. You see there was this brony in my class who tried to actually make a presentation of "YOU CAN BE AWESOME AND LIKE PONIES" and oh god don't get me started on how that went for him...

Can I try and discourage you? This simply has never been done in a flattering way from the videos I've seen, I understand you're excited to share your interests with the class but, I mean, this usually ends badly. Is it even relevant to the class anyway?

Unless you're a fantastic speaker and have enough material to cover the 5-10 minutes without resorting to bullshitery and explaining every facet of the show itself I can't see it being an enjoyable experience for your college reputation or for the fandom if this ends up on youtube as another example of over eager fans.

By interview, are you intending for our responses to be written or spoken (as in a video/audio format)?  Because I'd welcome an interview, but I can write answers much better (and likely more truthfully) than I can speak them.  However, if you already have enough interviewees, then just ignore me. 

Sent you an email bud. I'm more than happy to support your paper and do an interview for you. 

And I like the overall idea that you have in mind with the paper. It might go better off for you. :)