Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Chat is closed

Zoop

I don't know all of the facts, but I speculate that some of the people here were trolling/flaming. I'm really surprised... what happened to love and tolerance? (No offence intended towards anyone.)

Edited by Freckle

im just wondering can the mods and admins change up the chat so that people that are under the age dont get any swears or rule 34 things and people that are of age for this stuff can be all rule 34 or have two chat rooms one that can only be accessed by 18+ and one that can me accessed by 8-17 so like a youth and adult chatroom and have people that are 18+ can go into both chatrooms but have a warning like on the origional chat room entery that tells them that they are entering a youth chatroom please keep it clean or you will be baned.

and for adult rooms have you are entering an adult chat room you are free to speak what ever you want.

the age thing would work with by going off of your profile's age if you are under 18 or have no age in your profile then the chat is off limits thanks and this doesn't have to happen its just a suggestion.

• Brohoof 3

im just wondering can the mods and admins change up the chat so that people that are under the age dont get any swears or rule 34 things and people that are of age for this stuff can be all rule 34 or have two chat rooms one that can only be accessed by 18+ and one that can me accessed by 8-17 so like a youth and adult chatroom and have people that are 18+ can go into both chatrooms but have a warning like on the origional chat room entery that tells them that they are entering a youth chatroom please keep it clean or you will be baned.

and for adult rooms have you are entering an adult chat room you are free to speak what ever you want.

the age thing would work with by going off of your profile's age if you are under 18 or have no age in your profile then the chat is off limits thanks and this doesn't have to happen its just a suggestion.

Or we could just report the people that have inappropriate language more.

the age thing would work with by going off of your profile's age if you are under 18 or have no age in your profile then the chat is off limits.

Because no one's ever lied about their age on the internet before.

Posted Image

I'd say give up hope on 18+ features, and it says right in the rules that there will never be any kind of R34 on this site.

That's what Tumblr and Ponibooru are for.

• Brohoof 2

Or we could just report the people that have inappropriate language more.

yes we could do that i just think that two chatrooms would be harder to maintain but the people that want to post rule 34 can in the adult room or people can easilly be more clean

Because no one's ever lied about their age on the internet before.

Posted Image

I'd say give up hope on 18+ features, and it says right in the rules that there will never be any kind of R34 on this site.

That's what Tumblr and Ponibooru are for.

yea when i do think about it you do make sense

*snip*

When I used to chat on IRC we did this, 2 rooms, one was the general chat, and one was a "free for all" essentially. I might be wrong, but I don't think IP.Chat supports that, Feld0 wold know that best.

I've never been in chat, and never used it, but from some other posts on the topic, it seems that its remotely hosted on IP's servers. I really think having a report link inside the chat would be better, for both members and staff. For staf, they'll know exactly which post(s) it was, who it was, and the time it occured, kind of like a regular post. For members, it would encourage reporting. For me, I would just close my IRC client when things got out of control, and in many cases forget to file a report. It kept me from getting involved, sure, but it didn't let staff know what happened. Just my 2 cents. Like I said, I know I could be wrong, I have no idea how Chat works here.

Also, a good thing to include in a report from the chatbox would be a screenshot or two, of what you see to be inappropriate. I'm pretty sure they can make it a bit easier for the mods to find what they need, in order to deal with what needs to be dealt with.

(For those who don't know, just push that little button called "Prt sc" or "Print Screen" takes the screenshot [you may only have one at a time, it's like copy] and open up MS paint [pretty sure a majority of us have it] and Ctrl V [or paste] onto the canvas. Save the image, and upload it to an image hosting website [i like to use imgur.com] and right click and copy the "Direct Image" link, and include that in a report. I believe that could help your report, and make it easier for mods [but this is unconfirmed] )

Just want to add, for Mac users it's just as easy to take screenshots. All you have to do is press Cmd+Shift+3 or Cmd+Shift+4 to select the area in question.

As far as closing the chatroom is concerned, I hate that it had to come to this but IP.Chat is a privilege and if we can't conduct ourselves in a respectable manner and follow a simple set of rules, we don't deserve to have it.

Now would be an excellent time to hop onto the forums, and find a thread that catches your interest. We are a forum, afterall, not just a chatroom. I think Feld0 would be sorta displeased that he (Alongside Kurtiss) worked pretty hard to create and maintain these forums, only to have the chatbox be the centre of attention.

Im agreed with this, from time to time i checked on the forums, and it's really fun to catch threads of interest.

Alas, tis a sad day when the chatroom went down, it was fun getting to socialize with the fellow bronies.

I can say I saw some inappropriate things from time to time but usually there have been mods to squash it all out before things got too chaotic.

Hopefully Friday we can prove just how mature we can be.

• Brohoof 3

Oh Snap!

I didn't have the time to visit the chat.

But from what I've read, it seems this is a desicion you've pondering for a good while.

Well. RIP, chat. I didn't get to know you personally, but you will be missed.

I think this will be good for us because itl mean less people on chat more people posting and more of a forumyish feel. It also means all the idiots are forced to post in threads and its easier to report it if its in a thread that way so its all good

Now, let's see how smooth the grand re-opening is going to be.

Oh yeah, this is pretty much how i pictured the way how the chatroom went down. :P

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm_GPkOfVKI&feature=g-vrec&context=G2f4469eRVAAAAAAAABQ

• Brohoof 1

Why would there be an adult chat room in a My Little Pony forum? The primary demographic of this show is children, and always will be. It is supposed to be a relatively family-friendly site (minus some occasional cursing and weirdness). Why should we isolate the primary demographic? And as well, a large majority of people here are under 18. So they would be excluded, and you'd have a mostly empty chat.

I don't see what's so complicated about simply reporting the behavior. It just seems to me that some people are lazy and are trying to find ways out of pressing a simple button and typing some words. My apologies if you are not like this, it's just the impression I'm getting with all of the suggestions being thrown around. There doesn't need to be two chats. There is only one and there probably always will be just one because the entire purpose of the chat is simply to communicate with other pony fans. Communication is something that can be accomplished by most people regardless of age. If you want to do anything more adult-like, do it off-site in another chat, on MSN, Skype, whatever. There is no place for that here.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
  • Brohoof 3

umm if innapropriate talk in front of kids is such a problem, why don't you just make two chatrooms??? 1 for 13 and under, and one for 14 plus... doesnt seem that complicated to me...

Like I said before, it's easy to lie about your age.

Either way. Just follow the rules as they are and there won't be a problem?

• Brohoof 1

How about this, make a 17+ limit (17 year olds and older allowed only, I'm 17) It would be fair enough. As for profanity filters, no. Yes profanity and swearing is bad, take MOCpages for example. They have one, and boy, it is screwed badly. It filters out harmless words like "terrible", "criticism", and many others. Profanity filters are broken, inefficient, and hard to control.
  • Brohoof 3

Like I said before, it's easy to lie about your age.

Either way. Just follow the rules as they are and there won't be a problem?

well, then if they lie about their age, they should expect more mature people in the chatroom. they shouldnt be able to change their age after they first put it in the website.
  • Brohoof 1

well, then if they lie about their age, they should expect more mature people in the chatroom. they shouldnt be able to change their age after they first put it in the website.

Well, lying about your age can make you to be a, well lets just say, a very untrustworthy person. I know a few people who did that once, and paid the price from it. You wouldn't want that on your resume, that you lied about your age on a social network, no one will hire you after then.

We will never endorse a 'free for all' environment on this site; there are plenty of other places on the Internet for that.

One chat and one chat only.

• Brohoof 7