Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2012-2013 House Project

BoopMan

942753_538327309539567_775157282_n.jpg

^This is the house project I have been working on since September of 2012. I go to a school that has a carpentry vocation program. Every year, the juniors and seniors build a house from the foundation up. I am a senior and this is the house We've been working on. I hope you like it!!! smile.png

• Brohoof 12

I know I do. It looks amazing, dude. Not even just the house. I love the scenery too. This is like, a dream home for me. Except for the mountains.

When I used to doodle I would always draw a house on a mountain beside a waterfall and river. I could always imagine it in such great detail.. I hate that I can't draw.

I know I do. It looks amazing, dude. Not even just the house. I love the scenery too. This is like, a dream home for me. Except for the mountains.

When I used to doodle I would always draw a house on a mountain beside a waterfall and river. I could always imagine it in such great detail.. I hate that I can't draw.

Don't worry about it dude. And why thank you. I am certain that the family we have been building the house for will be very happy with the end product. :)

• Brohoof 1

Dude that is amazing!

I never knew seniors actually took the time to create something this big!

Impressive, and without a doubt a very nice looking house!

Congratz dude!

Funny thing: The house I worked on last year as a Junior was alot bigger and more complicated.*grumbles* last year's house was a real pain in the plot....

• Brohoof 1

Funny thing: The house I worked on last year as a Junior was alot bigger and more complicated.*grumbles* last year's house was a real pain in the plot....

Still pretty good dude!

I mean, where I live, this would make ANYBODY in my school look like wussies!

May not be the best to you, but to me, it's pretty good!

hmm... say, how much do you take for building a house? i might have been interested if you were just a wee bit closer to me. :P

looks very "homey" and comfortable, by the way, especially the seaside location. lets just hope the tides don't turn on it too much. :v

Still pretty good dude!

I mean, where I live, this would make ANYBODY in my school look like wussies!

May not be the best to you, but to me, it's pretty good!

I wasn't saying it wasn't good, just that last year's house was bigger and more of a pain in the butt. I liked this year's house project more. It is simple and effective. last year's home owner wanted so much that it seemed like he was trying to compensate for something lol.

hmm... say, how much do you take for building a house? i might have been interested if you were just a wee bit closer to me. tongue.png

looks very "homey" and comfortable, by the way, especially the seaside location. lets just hope the tides don't turn on it too much. :v

We do not get payed. School vocation project payed. ou don't get payed unless you go on co-op. And that is actually at a lake. Still nice location.

My dream house = That house. :)

I can tell that a lot of work was done on that house, to bring to it's eternal glory of being out in the beautiful scenery. Congrats to you and your school.

My dream house = That house. smile.png

I can tell that a lot of work was done on that house, to bring to it's eternal glory of being out in the beautiful scenery. Congrats to you and your school.

Thank you very much kind sir! And yes, alot of work was put into this house project. I can still remember the first week or so, where we were putting in the sill plate and knee walls and such.

• Brohoof 1

BEAUTEOUS. Very lovely!! It's amazing to think that a house like this was built by students! (not implying anything, just saying it's SUPAH KEWL.) I really love it, I want to live there. yay.png

BEAUTEOUS. Very lovely!! It's amazing to think that a house like this was built by students! (not implying anything, just saying it's SUPAH KEWL.) I really love it, I want to live there. img-1446337-1-yay.png

Why thank you! And I hate to say it, but the place has been taken. :P

Besides the house, I built quite a few memories here as well. Gonna miss it.

My Dad and I built our current house from the ground up.

It took us like 1.5 - 2 years, though, because we didn't do traditional framing. The outer walls (and a few inner walls) are all ICF block filled with concrete. Well, all except the garage, which actually started out as a separate building, but when we were pouring the slab for it, I thought "hey, why not make it 6 feet wider and just connect it to the house?", so we did :)

It's still not even done, just done enough to live in. We're slowly finishing up more projects. Every year is an attempt to make it look less done for the government so the property tax is lower, and more done for the bank so we can refinance :P

My Dad and I built our current house from the ground up.

It took us like 1.5 - 2 years, though, because we didn't do traditional framing. The outer walls (and a few inner walls) are all ICF block filled with concrete. Well, all except the garage, which actually started out as a separate building, but when we were pouring the slab for it, I thought "hey, why not make it 6 feet wider and just connect it to the house?", so we did smile.png

It's still not even done, just done enough to live in. We're slowly finishing up more projects. Every year is an attempt to make it look less done for the government so the property tax is lower, and more done for the bank so we can refinance tongue.png

Cool beans. I think as long as it concurs with the building codes of your local area and such, the project of yours should be done eventually.

• Brohoof 1