Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP in Canada

Akemi Homura

I'd like to share my thoughts with you... or rather, my dream from last night. It was filled with ponies and some adventure I had to go through... anyways, as you might know, MLP only airs in Canada on Treehouse TV, which is a channel aimed towards little kids. Well, in my dream the show spread towards other channels like YTV (would make it a lot more better than what YTV is now) and Teletoon. I woke up feeling bummed out though, seeing as how I'm unable to watch ponies on the big screen. And how Treehouse doesn't air season 2 episodes. :(

There's actually a bit of an ongoing discussion about this show here and that point was actually mentioned.

Some parents feel upset because the show "frightens" their toddlers, while others support it and say it was intended to be for the slightly older audience Treehouse gets.

Like you say though, this show doesn't belong on Treehouse and they probably believe that themselves. They censor lines and only have what? Like, two air times? And only of season 1.This is no home for this show!

But what you said. FiM would be much better on YTV or on Teletoon.

• Brohoof 2

There's actually a bit of an ongoing discussion about this show here and that point was actually mentioned.

Some parents feel upset because the show "frightens" their toddlers, while others support it and say it was intended to be for the slightly older audience Treehouse gets.

Like you say though, this show doesn't belong on Treehouse and they probably believe that themselves. They censor lines and only have what? Like, two air times? And only of season 1.This is no home for this show!

But what you said. FiM would be much better on YTV or on Teletoon.

That's exactly my point! Even without reading all those comments in that treehouse forum, I kind of felt that it doesn't belong on that channel. And 2 air times is just sad...

it frightens little kids? How?

Anyways, I have a similar situation in Chile. It only airs on discovery kids, wich is a channel for like babies or very small kids, The commercials actually makes me feel ashamed. And it only airs the first 14 episodes!

Anyways, sadly, MLP IS a show for little kids, and I dont think it would really fit that much in other channels (I would like it though, it would be much easier to convert people)

Anyways, I have a similar situation in Chile. It only airs on discovery kids, wich is a channel for like babies or very small kids, The commercials actually makes me feel ashamed. And it only airs the first 14 episodes!

Anyways, sadly, MLP IS a show for little kids, and I dont think it would really fit that much in other channels (I would like it though, it would be much easier to convert people)

Apparently airing the first season makes people believe it really is a kid's show. Ever since season 2 aired though, it's becoming more oriented towards people that are like, 10 or 11 years old. Pretty much for the general audience. And apparently, it scares little kids because it has themes that aren't made for them.

• 1 year later...

Seriously???! TREEHOUSE? Well, buck. I agree, this should be on YTV or Teletoon(dang I miss those channels), should have been from the start (maybe that way I would have found it faster...)

Treehouse TV is a channel for little, LITTle kids, like ages 1-5. 
Party Of One, for example, would probably scare children of that age, what with Pinkie having a mental breakdown.

Edited by Mint Drop