Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike's Sanity?

~Princess Luna~

Ah um...

Is Spike insane ? Really is he, because he has no idea even to this day where he came from how he was born, and twilight is like is mom/ like boss XD

We also got a glimpse of how his mind works in season 4 !!!

Please discuss this in the comments below :P

Insane? Nah, not at all. Twilight has had him since he hatched, so I would say she's probably the closest thing to a mom he's got. And he went to find out more about being a dragon (Dragon Quest), but found out he preferred living among the ponies. I think he's perfectly sane.

Well you have a good point there img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

Lets talk about something else about spike (P.s. you can keep talking about if spike is sane or not.)

Do you think the writers will explore more about this character?

Also how The Great and Powerful Trixie do you think that she worked at the same rock farm as pinkie?

If so then do you think the writers will explore this. Like how she got all that money? and does Scottolo has parents im guessing Rainbow Dash is like his sister and the closest think to family. So... Do you also think the writers will explore this and how?

I don't think hes insane, he's grown up from a baby with Twilight more or less. Plus he already tried to find out more about himself in Dragon quest and eventually came to the conclusion he enjoyed being with ponies more.

So I don't think hes insane no.

As for exploring more about the character  well I don't really know, but I assume that he will be explored some, I would like him to, theres still a good bit of mystery surroundings him.

Also, when in S4 did we learn anything about spike? I don't think we've really had S4 footage yet.

As for the Trixie question, lets not stray off topic :P, I'm sure we could do a separate topic for that if we need to discuss it :).

I don't think he is insane :D, but I would like to learn more about him. I don't understand why most people don't really like Spike. I think he is adorable :P.

I certainly hope that they continue to grow Spike's character. I think he's great. And who among us didn't "D'awwww" at least a little bit when he almost confessed his love to Rarity as they fell, but Rarity stopped him?

Spike is more naive than insane. Well intentioned but lacking in common sense and maturity. He's just like a little kid, he doesn't know any better.

Topic title edited to make the subject of discussion more clear. Anyhow, other than greedy rampages (which he can't really control) I don't think that he's very unstable. If anything, he's probably more mentally healthy than the Mane Six are (which, admittedly, isn't always saying much.)

(edited)

I like Spike img-1461922-1-smile.png he's cute ^.^ and he reminds me of Spyro. I don't think he's insane... and I think Twillight is very good mum as she raised him very good. ^.^ For me, his personality seem to be alright.

What a good idea ^.^ I'll make drawing of Spike!

EDIT: alright, here is the drawing if anybody wanted to see it: http://mlpforums.com/blog/754/entry-4791-good-night-spike/

Edited by Gekoncze

I don't think he's insane. I always thought Spike had this strange mid-point of being mature, yet immature. He's definitely wise beyond his years, yet he can also be kind of an idiot. But this is why I love his character so much. I've always seen his relationship with Twilight as more of a big sister/little brother type, rather than a mother/son one, and in that respect his character fits that role perfectly. He's the chaos to Twilight's order.

Spike's always been one of my favourites, and one of the characters that consistently makes me laugh/smile with his various shenanigans and one-liners. Plus, I can relate to his slacker nature directly.

Well I'd be insane too if I never had any guy friends and always had to do stuff for my "mom's" friends. Not to mention the fact that he never knew his parents. OH NO BETTER NOT LET HIM PLAY ANY VIDEO GAMES HE MIGHT SHOOT UP A SCHOOL!!