Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Looking for guitarist/ rhythm guitarist/bassist/hardcore vocalist (Screamer)

Rarity1337

(edited)

So I've been noticing a decreasing number of brony metal songs... which i find very sad because people have so much potential and the stuff thats out right now is so incredible! 

Basically, im looking for a guitarist, bassist and rhythm guitarist who can take requests and create recordings based on drum tracks (Made by me) or send me tracks to record drums to, Either way works.

I have many projects to be made. (covers of original show music, and also original music) Let me know if you are interested!

(VERY TECHNICAL STYLE OF PLAYING, much experience needed playing your instrument.)

Edited by Rarity1337
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I play bass and keys. I'm also a fairly good vocalist, but I haven't done much screamer.

The thing is like to play in the company of everyone else I'm playing with, so unless you live in Florida you should probably count me out.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

I am best at growling, but if you need some metal vocals it would be fun to help out in any form. I am a bit rusty on my screaming after a while of not doing a lot of it, but won't take that long to train myself to do it properly again

• Brohoof 1

I am best at growling, but if you need some metal vocals it would be fun to help out in any form. I am a bit rusty on my screaming after a while of not doing a lot of it, but won't take that long to train myself to do it properly again

Yeah, i would love to have you, do you think you can send me a sample of how you sound? 

Im really into growls and low screams so you seem perfect :P

I can inhale scream. I'm a back up vocalist for a local comedy metal band here.

I also produce metal songs. Symphonic Metal specifically.

Here's a sample of my scream:

https://soundcloud.com/arkanemetal/lol-scream-test/s-FzVRS#play

Here's where you can find some of my metal songs:

http://www.youtube.com/user/galiant609

Wow dude, your inhales are outstanding, yeah, i would love to have you if you want. You have the perfect "High Scream" sound i was looking for :P

So if you want to join, your in.

Yeah, i would love to have you, do you think you can send me a sample of how you sound? 

Im really into growls and low screams so you seem perfect tongue.png

Hmm I don't have any recordings I am all that happy with honestly, but I made this one without warmup last October so you might get a idea from it (the real vocals start at 1:09, yay for minute long intro's):

t683.png

Pretty sure I can do better with warmup and I now have better understanding of how to mix vocals too. I also like to play around with special effects on my vocals so that might be useful to help create some cool sounds here and there.

Hmm I don't have any recordings I am all that happy with honestly, but I made this one without warmup last October so you might get a idea from it (the real vocals start at 1:09, yay for minute long intro's):

img-1464524-2-t683.png

Pretty sure I can do better with warmup and I now have better understanding of how to mix vocals too. I also like to play around with special effects on my vocals so that might be useful to help create some cool sounds here and there.

that was actually pretty good, and i like the song btw.

Yeah, i need some super low growls, so that is perfect, maybe a little higher than that tho. man you can go low haha.

But yeah, sounds good man.

• Brohoof 1

I could try playing rhythm guitar... It all depends what your expectations are, though. I'm not a professional, but I'm far from being a newbie either. (been playing fof 3 years). It would be great if you could send me some examples of what sort of things you'd like me to play.

• Brohoof 1

that was actually pretty good, and i like the song btw.

Yeah, i need some super low growls, so that is perfect, maybe a little higher than that tho. man you can go low haha.

But yeah, sounds good man.

Thanks hehe, and alright just tell me what way we will be communicating and sharing files and such once the project is starting up and send me a invite to that

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I could try playing rhythm guitar... It all depends what your expectations are, though. I'm not a professional, but I'm far from being a newbie either. (been playing fof 3 years). It would be great if you could send me some examples of what sort of things you'd like me to play.

Well i can tell you right now, its EXTREMELY technical, not easy stuff. Bands that somewhat represent the style im looking for are Born of Osiris, and August Burns Red. i can send you a track of me playing some stuff and u can test some guitar-work over it if you want.

Thanks hehe, and alright just tell me what way we will be communicating and sharing files and such once the project is starting up and send me a invite to that

Alright will do, We will probably first start out with a cover of maybe the MLP FIM theme song just to see how things work out and if it sounds good, get everything all settled. After that we will begin the REAL stuff. 

Edited by Rarity1337

Well i can tell you right now, its EXTREMELY technical, not easy stuff. Bands that somewhat represent the style im looking for are Born of Osiris, and August Burns Red. i can send you a track of me playing some stuff and u can test some guitar-work over it if you want.

I think that's too much for me ;p But if you ever wanted to play something more hmmm... thrashy, then I should be able to pull it off. Anyway, good luck on your project ^^ hope you will find some guitarist soon.

I think that's too much for me ;p But if you ever wanted to play something more hmmm... thrashy, then I should be able to pull it off. Anyway, good luck on your project ^^ hope you will find some guitarist soon.

Dont lose hope my friend! You are rhythm after all, so you wont be doing most of the crazy stuff, i just need you to hold the main melodies and chords, that sorta thing, but im also not sticking with a certain type of metal, so thrash is always an option. :)

You know what, send me that track of you playing some stuff and I will see what can I do with that. It doesn't hurt to try after all...

• Brohoof 1

Oh I forgot to mention, I can also do mixing and producing if needed, have been working as an apparentice in a local studio for a while now and even if I don't have all those programs they have there I have the knowledge and programs to probably get a good enough mix done =)

• Brohoof 1

Oh I forgot to mention, I can also do mixing and producing if needed, have been working as an apparentice in a local studio for a while now and even if I don't have all those programs they have there I have the knowledge and programs to probably get a good enough mix done =)

Yes, that wold be AWESOME, you can be the sound guy as well xD I was a little worried because i suck at stuff like that haha

You know what, send me that track of you playing some stuff and I will see what can I do with that. It doesn't hurt to try after all...

If you want, you can send me some tracks of you playing so i can hear what you can do. You mainly play thrash metal correct?

• Brohoof 1

So we are no longer looking for any screamers. We still need a lead guitarist, rhythm guitarist, and bassist, so if you think you can do it, send me some samples of you playing! :D

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

We have begun writing songs, however we are still in need of guitars and bass. If anyone is interested, don't feel afraid to ask about it :)

Edited by Rarity1337
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have around 3 years experience with guitars, bass, and orchestral instruments. I've spent all of my money lately of frivolous stuff so my amp setup is very lacking. Which is the stuff I've been saving up for :/ (idiot mode activate)
I have a 7string so if you want the drop tunes I can go all the way to drop G.
I can send you clean channel recordings to distort and edit as you please though.
I'm not very good at writing riffs but If given tabs I can play just about anything.
My playing style is reminscent of that of Whitechapel, Oceano, Imolation, Thy Art is Murder, Trivium and Black dahlia murder. Depending on my mood.
I can also do trashy type riffs from bands like Slayer or Kvelertak.

Edited by Yourmomsponies
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm not really good at improvising but I can play pretty much anything you throw at me, been playing for almost 7 years now. Just give me tabs and a week and I'll have it down. Unless it's gypsy jazz. I can play most if not everything from August Burns Red and Born of Osiris if you were to give me a 3-4 days for every song.

Although I don't really like both bands' vocals and Born of Osiris' style is not my thing really. The only thing I still have problems with is when I have to shred between far apart frets (like fret 5 to 10 or fret 1 to 7) and switching really fast from either normal playing to tapping or shredding to tapping multiple times (If you want an example, look up Zyglrox by Periphery, the first 30 seconds).]

I'm not really sure why I'm not able to improvise, I guess it just doesn't come naturally to me. 

As for bass, I don't have one, but the program I record with has enough effects to make it sound really close to one. One problem though, the sound sometimes gets a bit muddy if you're playing fast. And not all techniques can be applied as well on an electric guitar as you could on an electric bass.

As for vocals, I don't really scream but I've been doing distorted vocals for 2 years now, mostly grunting and growling though. Stuff like Lamb of God, Aborted and 5FDP. I don't have a microphone since I sold my last one to a friend a week ago. Been out to get a new one but I'm super lazy, perhaps this week sometime. Nevermind.

Edited by Winterbass

I've got about 3 years of bass and about 12 years of piano and music theory so I could definitely contribute. Also, I have some experience with mixing so if you need someone for that, I can do that too.

If you want somepony to write and record basslines, I've been playing for seven years. The basslines I write tend to go against the grain, as it were - think Jeff Waters from Annihilator. You know, a "lead bass" style. But if you're just looking for a bassist to drones outs ze root notes for days...I'm probably not the bassist for you. tongue.png

Also, if you can't find anypony to fill the rhythm guitarist slot, I've become rather competent on guitar over the past two or three years. I mostly play thrashy type of stuff, though, so if that's what you're looking for, I can deliver. (Would still prefer somepony else to step up to that plate, though.) Same deal with vocals...I can impersonate Dave Mustaine's thrashy voice to a tee, but if that's not what you're looking for, I'll be of little help in that department.

Just to be "clear" (incoming pun!), I am able to produce a clean recording free of background noise, so no worries about muddy tracks with unwanted noise artifacts.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

What kind of area of tuning are you looking at? Right now my seven is tuned in 8 standard, but I can get down to drop F or whatever. Actually I can get my six other strings to a drop tuning that is complimentary to whatever you need, and have my seventh in an extra "oomph" tuning. I've been playing guitar for about 4 years now. I usually plays songs by bands like Periphery, Meshuggah, Textures, Vildhjarta, and The Contortionist. Progressive, ambient, djenty stuff hehe. And I actually have been meaning to make some mlp themed metal, I've just kind of been in a rut recently. But I think playing with others and getting ideas for the whole of songs with a band would really help bring out all the creative ideas I have. I've got an amp modeler so I've got relatively high fidelity for recording.

Edited by VigilSerus