Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A terrible day made better by ponies

HOi i'm tEMMIE

(edited)

Have you ever had an awful day,then you watched some MLP and all was better? I would like to know because of an experience that happened to me yesterday. 

I was at school in gym class and these boys were holding the locker room door shut. As a little joke they swung the door open real fast to scare everyone. Only problem was that I was standing on the other side  and got hit in the head with a wooden door that was pushed full force. I was then sent to the hospital with my parents because i had a really deep cut that ran from my forehead to my hairline.

The hospital was really busy because there was a car accident around the same time. We had to wait for six hours before a doctor could see us. I then got a cat scan which says that i have a mild concussion right now. Afterwards I got sixteen stitches in my head.I got home went on Netflix and watched some MLP  And all was better.

Now you don't have to write a long story like I did but you can if you want too.

Edited by mrbman9001
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

The time ponies made me the happiest was probably the day I began watching.

Around about june of last year I was struck with a particularly bad case of Pneumonia. It lasted for weeks and at one point I even had to be taken to the Hospital, I was unable to do anything more than lay in bed and feel miserable the whole time

Up until then I had mostly ignored MLP, it had nothing to do with anything I was interested in and mostly just confused the hell out of me, but at that point I decided something happy and cheerful was what I needed to take my mind off the pain. I watched the first few episodes on my laptop and, much to my initail surprise, ended up enjoying it immensely.

I ended up watching the rest of the episode well until after I had gotten better, evetually becoming the massive fan you see today, but I won't forget watching those first episodes and how this show made those hellish weeks that much more bearble.

Edited by Solar-Karma
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah I can relate to this because I had an instance where I barely got any sleep the prior day before a huge test I had to take and I was very tired and extremely stressed. I tried my best on the test and got a decent score but nothing to brag about. I was so exhausted and sleep-deprived that I was kind of lashing out at my friends and they advised me to just go home after school instead of hanging out with them seeing how I was acting weird. When I got home I wanted something to watch to hopefully put me in a better mood and I turned on MLP and my attitude changed a full 360. I felt happy and energetic, I really can't explain it but it really did help me.

• Brohoof 1

Whenever I have a bad day, things not going right, or something bad happens like losing my job, a good dose of MLP can usually take the edge off pretty quickly. It's odd how the cheer and bright colors can pull you from down in the dumps to top of the hill.

I know that feel bro. Watching MLP after a crappy day is standard procedure for me. In fact, a crappy day was the reason I decided to give MLP a chance in the first place. It's much more than a TV show, I tell ya hwat.

MLP is the ultimate stress reliever. I had a huge test last week which I was insanely stressed about because I was doing pretty poorly in math and couldn't afford to bomb it. I watched some MLP, listened to some pony music while I studied, and I wasn't stressed anymore. (Might I add that I passed that test with flying colors)

Thinking about this stuff keeps my stress levels down. I'm always thinking about a song or what I'm trying to write about in my FF next chance I get especially when dealing with heavy traffic. It keeps my road rage in check.

I can't say much about what the show itself does for my stress levels as I make a point to only watch it when I literally have nothing more constructive to do (maybe I'm just weird, but I like to "savor" the shows I watch by taking forever to get through them).

Although I do have pony pics on my phone so that whenever I'm out and about, and am feeling on edge, I just take a look at them and suddenly I'm like "Pshh, I got this."

Have you ever had an awful day,then you watched some MLP and all was better? I would like to know because of an experience that happened to me yesterday. 

I was at school in gym class and these boys were holding the locker room door shut. As a little joke they swung the door open real fast to scare everyone. Only problem was that I was standing on the other side  and got hit in the head with a wooden door that was pushed full force. I was then sent to the hospital with my parents because i had a really deep cut that ran from my forehead to my hairline.

The hospital was really busy because there was a car accident around the same time. We had to wait for six hours before a doctor could see us. I then got a cat scan which says that i have a mild concussion right now. Afterwards I got sixteen stitches in my head.I got home went on Netflix and watched some MLP  And all was better.

Now you don't have to write a long story like I did but you can if you want too.

Those gym kids should be punished.

Yes,i have had one of these days.Usually its after people are being mean,ill watch some FiM and feel better.

No idea why,it just has that effect

When I first started watching I thought it was just the fact that I was watching a new show that made me feel good, but now I've seen all the episodes and I still feel my mood heightened when I watch. I think it's the excellent storytelling that does it. Even when I can see where the episode is going (which is often, because its a morals show), I still find it engaging because the writing is so good.

There was once a time where I got home and wanted to punch the next person who talks to me, luckily I know how to use youtube, the show calmed me down and no one got physically hurt that day. Sometimes I think that MLP is better than morphine or aspirin.

But the show isn't the only thing that helps us move on during hard times, its the brony community, I go online play games on MLP servers, Roleplaying and anything related to the brony community, the guys there are always there when you need them, we bronies are like a family. <3

This show usually keeps me calm if I'm anxious or stressed out. While I was going through season 1, an old "frenemy" of mine was trying to reach out to me. I was hesitating and didn't know what to do, so I put my thoughts away and watched more ponies. By the time I reached season 2, I had made a new best friend. I guess watching the magic of friendship made me realize how much I wanted to experience it myself.