Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Well, those are very valuable lessons to have learned from him. But I've learned more of how I want to be from my mother! I'm a mama's boy for sure! haha

I don't hide it completely, because I have told one of my sisters and her three little girls, and I have an old roommate that is a brony as well (he's the reason I became one). But here at college, I haven't told anyone yet. There's a couple people I feel I could tell that would accept it without issues. I'll see how things work out!

I have a purrfect plan for you actually!

You should throw a pony themed party, and then you'll meet other broneis!

Also, I am a mum's boi :D

I don't hide anything. Plus, facebook...plus the fact I have dogtags hanging above my computer.

Uh, I must've missed something... Or, were you meaning to queote my 'I'm shameless' statement?

• Brohoof 1

Uh, I must've missed something... Or, were you meaning to queote my 'I'm shameless' statement?

...what? You asked a question, I answered....how is that even confusing?

I have a purrfect plan for you actually!

You should throw a pony themed party, and then you'll meet other broneis!

Also, I am a mum's boi :D

Haha perhaps! I've tried organizing regular parties and game nights to no avail!

PONY THEMED PARTAY'S FTW!

Also, it's easy to spot bronies in college. Just knock on doors and sing a MLP:FiM song, like from Pinkie's Pride (Favorite Episode btw) And if they start doing the gummy shake with you, THEY'RE A BRONY xd

My parents know, in fact, they never bothered asking about it. I've been a fan of the pony franchise since I was small, they simply think I haven't out-grown it yet. Which I never will...hurhur. I watch it in Spanish with my mother, she kind of likes the show too, but prefers me to watch it on my own.

My parents know, in fact, they never bothered asking about it. I've been a fan of the pony franchise since I was small, they simply think I haven't out-grown it yet. Which I never will...hurhur. I watch it in Spanish with my mother, she kind of likes the show too, but prefers me to watch it on my own.

XD 'Since you were small' you still are small XDDDDD

XD 'Since you were small' you still are small XDDDDD

In the country of my origin I am considered an adult!

Seriously, you become an adult at 15 years old in the Dominican Republic. 

My father scanned through my computer for viruses and other stuff, so I'm positive he saw my pony pictures and stuff. My brother (who knows) occasionally gives slight hints, so I'm near certain my father knows.
I haven't seen my mother in a long time, so I'm not sure if she knows. Jokingly, she said that my birthday could be MLP themed, (as i write this, MLP rainbow friends commercial is on) and I replied with "I'm alright with that." So I'm not that sure if she knows.

My mother's has a joking personality, so I doubt she'll care.

In the country of my origin I am considered an adult!

Seriously, you become an adult at 15 years old in the Dominican Republic. 

Wow, that's crazy! I got's to be a bit older, but not so much.

About 2 years ago my friend told my mum not knowing that she didn't know. She was a bit annoyed, but only because she thought I was gonna be bullied for it (I'd been bullied a lot in the past). She seemed to forget after a while. Then she found my figures under my pillow, I said a friend gave it to me for no reason and she seemed to buy it. IDK what she thinks now.

Nope, I think that the only people that know that I like the show are my brother, and I MAY have told my mom, but she wasn't really paying all that much attention.

Oh yeah. My parents know. They tease me for it but overall they really don't mind. They actually get me things that are MLP related sometimes. They support me.

Well, kind of... I mean, I have my fanart out and stuff, and they know I watch it with my little sis... but they don't know how much I love it, exactly. My dad kinda knows I'm a Pegasister, and my mom is smart and can take a hint... but they don't know that I love it enough to be a part of this forum or to actually want merch (besides Doctor Whooves stuff, as my mom knows I love Doctor Who). I'm still working on telling them though... hehe. ^^; I'm just a bit nervous of what they would think... (but I reaaaally do want a Rainbow Dash plushie sometime, no matter how it happens haha. XD)

No :3

Although both me and my parents are atheists(a miracle from what it seems on the bronydom :o!) my parents are Craaaazy!!!,and they're influenced for my big brother,who knows that i'm a brony,and he doesn't accept it.

Even if thwy don't give a fuck,my brother will convice them to make me erase,lock,or whatever they'll make me do to not let me enter on amother beony forum :(

Yes and to be honest they could not give a shit less. I mean why would they care it not like it's some life changer like I am going to die of something.

When I told my mom this is how the conversation went.

ME:mom I like My Little Pony

MOM:OK so?

ME:I mean I really like it

MOM:Why do I care?

after that I walked away and never said anymore about it outer than when I see a figure or shirt that I want. 

Edited by boy5400

Well, it goes like this. My family have NO idea what a brony is, I can't explain it because I really do suck at explaining things. So if I said "Hey, I like My little pony" Their minds would skip to G2 or 3 because that's what MLP was when my Sister was younger and she watched it. So I would feel super awkward and I would never let myself live it down.

They know I watch the show but I don't do much more than that either, but else then my dad rolled his eyes at me, I guess they're okay with it. I mean I've seen Frozen probably 8 times, plays the soundtrack for longer periods and sings the songs in different languages, they don't complain about MLP.

Yes! I think after I finished watching the show I told my older sister: "THIS SHOW IS ACTUALLY REALLY CUTE." So I rewatched it with her. She thought the show was nice, but nothing she'd get too obsessed with. She sometimes buys me pony toys, which I'm grateful for. :(

Then I told my mom about it. And she rolled her eyes and said jokingly, "Another fandom?" She doesn't care for thr show, but she happily buys me MLP clothing and such. She even suggested we both watch the Brony documentary when it came on Netflix. She was giggling the entire time though, which made me not take the documentary seriously.

My little brother actually watches the show with me! He rolls his eyes and says: "It's for little girls!" before sitting down and watching it with me anyway. He really likes the show though, I don't know who he's trying to kid.

My grandparents were thrilled when they found out I liked the show. They were relieved I liked something "girly" for once. :P

• Brohoof 1

Do my parents know if I'm a brony? No sir, they haven't the slightest clue and I'm not in any rush to tell them. Do you have any idea how incredibly awkward that conversation would be where I have to explain it to them?

I could really do with telling them so that I can order some merchandise off of the internet, seeing as there isn't any where I live.

This.

Nobody knows that I am a brony except for other bronies, pegasisters, and my friends on the Internet, and I plan to keep it that way for a while until I get comfortable about telling them.

It's really not a big deal, but I can easily tell that both of my parents wouldn't be very supportive.

I'm not very good when it comes to explaining things either, so when I tell them that I like My Little Pony, they'll instantly think of G1 or G2, considering that I live with my grandparents who are very serious. Even if I tell them that this generation is different, they'd still think strangely of me.

I would definitely have some way to make it sound worse, whether I would mean to or not.

I can imagine that once I tell them, they'll be like, "Son, is this your way of telling us that you are gay?"

I don't know if it's just me being paranoid, but I just think it would be too embarrassing to tell them that I like MLP.

This is still an issue? I know it was back in 2010-2012 ... but still? Sorry I just recently became enthralled with the show and thought that things may have improved.

And no, my parents don't know ... mostly because my tastes in entertainment are not really a discussion point. I don't even know if I've ever told them I watched Breaking Bad or was furious about the How I Met Your Mother finale. I guess it's less of an issue when your parents are also grandparents and it's been twenty years since you lived with them. They know both my daughters love the show though. Grandkids know how to milk that merch cow.