Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Do my parents know if I'm a brony? No sir, they haven't the slightest clue and I'm not in any rush to tell them. Do you have any idea how incredibly awkward that conversation would be where I have to explain it to them?

I could really do with telling them so that I can order some merchandise off of the internet, seeing as there isn't any where I live.

I'm sure all of us that said yes know how a ward of a conversation that is, when I told my parents they just kinda looked at me and started laughing then they realised I was serious and things were a ward for about a week after that.

I just found yesterday that my dad knows I like MLP, the most he did was teasingly babytalking to me that I like colorful horsies :lol: . Good thing, I almost expected him to be mad at me for being raized in an ignorant and retro equivalent of the stereothypical rednecks in my country, sexist and everything (and the fact that he's a retired general didn't helped with my fears)

I haven't told them about the fandom much but i have told them they have artists that are AWESOME with all the meaning of the word. I get the occasional nag/mock from sis or bro whenever they remember it or i piss them off just to knock me off with a cheap-shot but i really could care less. Nobody cares cause i don't slam it in their faces.

My parents know but not how much i like it

My dad knows and is fine with it

My mom knows and thinks she can talk about it in public and occasianially makes fun of me for it

Yeah... i wish they didnt know

• Brohoof 1

I picked other.

My dad knows i watch mlp.  He just thinks it's weird  and boring (he refuses to watch it).  I don't talk to my mom, so idk if she knows, but it's not a secret anyways.

• Brohoof 1

No they don't and I'm happy with that. I used the families netflix account to watch the whole series and they didn't get suspicious because my cousin, who is a little girl, was the one who "watched the whole series with are account". :) I think they will find out sooner or later. It would be awesome to get some merchandise.

• Brohoof 1

Yes my parents know! They don't really care they get me pony things for my birthday. I told my dad what bronys are and he thinks there child molesters  :okiedokielokie:

I guess he thinks it's fine for me to like mlp since i'm a girl

Edited by Owlgal
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, they know, and they're extremely supportive of it. I believe they thought it was a bit odd when I first told them, but they warmed up to it when I exposed them to the brony community and the aspects of the show. Now, ponies are an everyday topic of conversation, even though they don't watch it with me.

I remember being scared to death if I told them. I grew up in a conservative southern home (still do.) So my assuming idea is that I'll be mocked for it. So when I arrive back wearing my newly bought Rainbow Dash cap, I assumed the worst.

"Ponies huh?" They said, "Okay then." They said. So yay they don't mind.

Yes, because I watch it and I'm not hiding it.

However, in school, I keep it a secret, because I don't want to be embarrassed

Edited by -Flutterbat-

I haven't posted in this topic for a while, so i guess I'll post an update... because why not

I told my sister about I being a Brony and, as expected, she laughed right in my face and asked if I was messed up in the head or something. But she accepted it and even said that she'd get me pony stuff for either my birthday or for Christmas.

I'm also going to tell my father (Kind of worried about this one actually...) about I being a Brony and about our Community. My father is a rather down-to-earth kind of guy who likes to keep an open mind, so I'm not sure if I should be worried about what he'll say or not. I know for sure that he'll poke some fun at me afterwards though, He's always been like that with me.

Nononononono, my closest friends know but nobody else, apart from the occasional harmless tease everybody is fine (although that's probably because pony pictures galore)

Eugh, I dont think my parents would take it well

Mine know. When I watched two episodes, I walked up to my mom and said I love "My Little Pony." She stared at me and said okay. So, now everytime my parents are out and see something pony related, they usually buy it. My dad also likes to randomly shout "My Little Pony", just to get my attention. -.- Plus, I have a bunch of merch and wear shirts in public, so yeah, they know and don't care. XD

Your parents are amazing

• Brohoof 1