Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

My dad probably wouldn't care if he knew and my mom doesn't even know what a brony even is (at least I don't think she does). She's seen me watching the show, I have a few pictures on my computer and iPod, and I've mentioned it a few times but they haven't caught on or asked...so let's leave it at that. :)

(edited)

They know, though they probably don't know what exactly ''brony'' or ''pegasister" means XD They don't care and I openly talk about things I like in my house, so they're aware that I watch My Little Pony and have friends, who also like this. I once even sent links to first two episodes to my dad to watch. His English is rather weak and for me watching cartoons was always a good way to practice my language, so I thought it would also work for him. 

Edited by Anilewe

I trained my parents from a young age to come to grips with the fact that I was always going to like and do what I pleased without any shame whatsoever.

My mom's given me some advice and gotten me some supplies for my pony crafts so they definitely know. The pony birthday cake at my last birthday that my sister made would have been another large clue. I dunno what my dad thinks. I never bothered to ask and he's never bothered to say. We both know it'd be pointless. La dee da.

My parents are unfamiliar with MLP: FIM since we live in Ireland, and don't have time to worry of its fans; they just let do me what I want. They don't know and pretty much don't care if I told them.

(edited)

My family doesn't know and I doubt they need too, as I'm no longer in the same house. I guess both my parents would have the same ''find it weird but I guess it's that'' attitude. No idea how my brother would react, but probably the same not understanding.

One of the cousins I live with would just shrug it off, but the other would probably be abrasive about it, telling me I need to grow up.

EDIT: I'm moving out on July 1st, no idea what my roommates will be like.

Edited by GlowingFlask

My dad doesn't mind at all. He's even bought me merchandise ^^

He said, "If you like it, then watch it. I'm not stopping you." He's even like some of the Rainbow Rocks shorts since he's a metalhead XD

Awww :( I really really really want to go to everfree but my mom will probably just say that she doesn't just want my friend and I going because there could be pedophiles even though I'm 17

I know its because she cares about me but shes way to overprotective sometimes.

Ah hell dude, from what i've heard, if there WAS a pedo there, pretty much everyone would gang up on him and kick his ass if he tried anything, least thats what i'd do, and maybe when you're 18

(edited)

My parents to be honest believe I'm just doin it for my little sister. If they ever did believe I'd have some serious drama bs to deal with for a couple of months. Bad enough my little brothers keep bringing it up in front of them. But I stay true and strong as a brony and keep moving forward!!!

EDIT: stupid auto word put horny instead of brony. Lol

Edited by Ninyn

my dad and brothers know I am a brony but my new step mom does not I'm actually surprised she hasn't found out.

When my actual mom found out a while ago she asked if I was gay, when I said no... well the conversation got incredibly awkward incredibly fast.

My brothers and step dad do haze me about it every once in a while but it's not like their actually trying to make me feel bad.

(edited)

I try to keep my love for the show to myself.

My parents don't know anything. Yet. Living out of home makes it easier for them not to notice.

However they've seen blatantly obvious things such as MLP notifications, Backgrounds, heard pony remixes and the like.

Sometimes I know I tend to bring up the topic of MLP for no real good reason around them too.

It makes me wonder if they already know about it, but don't want to admit it or say anything. But then again seeing as my mother has a decent knowledge of MLP and she does know a couple of people that like it, I'm not sure.

Either that or they are oblivious to all things pony

Maybe I don't want them to know. I'm in no rush to tell them.

Edited by TheGoldenCross

(edited)

I don't know what I've been so worried about. My mom let my little brother watch FiM and when I said "I thought you were trying to keep him away fron My Little Pony" she said "What's so wrong with My Little Pony?"

My dad and I like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and used to like PPG and he still likes the old Transformers so he can't say anything to me either.

Come on, me! Stop being so scared!

Edited by BruinBrony
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Yes my mom knows and my dad might know. I told mom but dad just picks up my merch. I don't know if he notices what it is. I am a hockey player my friends and teamates know I am very open about it. As the oldest guy on my hockey team I am a big time pest and a goon. It is my job to fight and defend the younger guys. my parents don't care about me being a brony. my mom thought it was stupid because its for "little kids". I said if a hockey enforcer can enjoy it so can you. she now buys me stuff when I score goals, which is not that often as I usually get misconducts or suspensions. no one at school bothers me about it not even people who are not my friends. I even talk about it in class and asked my principal who his favorite pony was. This was met with awkward stammering and the need for an explenation. my mom has gotten to the point where she supports my antics. when chirpping guys sometimes I skate around behind opposing players and talk about ponies of sing them songs or anything to distract them. I even have Rainbow's cutie mark on my helmet.

To answer the question yes the whole world knows I'm a brony!

Yes they know. My dad knew first before everyone else did. theyre a bit shocked and confused about it but, luckily, they just kinda laugh at it, tease me, and walk on. however, if my family from my mom's side knew, Im sure i'd probably have a hard time (and maybe have the family on that side divided over it).

Ya, they do. My parents would see me wearing my Dr. Whooves shirt and they just kinda shook their heads at it. Then I got a couple more shirts and my mom said something about it so I showed her the Meet the Bronies video. She compared it to Barney the dinosaur so I tried telling her a bit more about it and she just kinda waved it off. I didn't tell them the convention I was going to was a brony convention till after I got back from it and whenever they would ask about it prior I'd just say it's for tv shows, don't worry about it. My dad figured out the convention name and checked out the website and saw pictures and stuff and he said it actually looked like everyone was having a pretty good time. So, ya they know, my dad's perfectly okay with it, my mom thinks it's a little strange, but they've both accepted it as another one of my little oddities

Yes, both of them know, and they don't have any problems with it either. My dad acts like he doesn't care, indifferent, really. When I told my mom she was all like: "Oh cool, I can see your soft side, now!", which makes sense considering my mom was pretty tomboyish growing up so she would know what it's like to enjoy things that don't necessarily fall right into line with one's own gender.

A lot of people know that I'm a Brony, and yes, that includes my parents. They found out when I was just sleeping, and my dad barged into my room, and started to fix my computer, and I had a pony wallpaper. My mom's okay with it, my dad... he's a little biased, but he got over it. 

(edited)

My mom doesn't even care if i watch a show for little girls and she was the very first person i told that am a brony so yeah love you mom! :3

Edited by Desert guardian

(edited)

My parents do not know and never will

They are always like "Why do you make yourself anti-social with that stupid Minecraft thing all the time? Why don't you live in the REAL world" since I tell them when I am down my basement that I am playing Minecraft instead of doing something MLP related.

The last thing I need every time I'm on my computer is "Why are you doing that GAY pony related stuff? Are you a womanchild or something? Go get a life"

Nobody knows I'm a brony and never will. I embrace that society doesn't prefer I watch the show.

Edited by Delta