Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do your parents know you're a brony?

defaultremix

Do your parents know your a brony?  

830 users have voted

1. 1. Do your parents know your a brony?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

My mom knows, and she thinks it's pretty cool. In fact I think she might like show herself because she mentioned Discord being her favorite character. So yeah, I keep my one brony T-shirt at my mom's. (My parents aren't together anymore. :()

My dad forgets easily, but when he remembers again, he sees it as a joke and doesn't take it serious about the fact I watch My Little Pony. It ends up being an awkward conversation, so we both brush it off. Then he forgets again, only to go through the vicious cycle again. 

My 19 year old brother (Yes, I'm doing siblings too. Because why not?) doesn't seem to mind it. Yet, I was afraid to bring the whole pony thing up to him because me and him used to be haters, aggresive haters. So I came out of the closet towards him by "accidentally"  ;)  ;)  showing him a drawing of Rainbow Dash when flipping through the pages of my drawing notebook. (Most of the notebook is lost now. Including Dashie.  :() He would make a joke or two about ponies every once in a while. In fact I'm beginning to wonder if he's a brony himself. *Applejack Doomguy shifty eyes  :huh::ph34r:*

My 9 year old sister beyond knows. In fact I was the one who got her into My Little Pony. So yeah, job well done!

But for IRL friends, where I live the only shows anyone watches here is Duck Dynasty and Family Guy. That's an instant "nope."

Overall, it isn't too bad. 

Nope. Mom probably doesn't know what a brony is, and would probably just say all shows are for anybody. I'm not sure how my dad will react. He'll either convince me to stop because he's homophobic, or just laugh at me and humiliate me :huh::unsure:.

(edited)

My mother knows that I'm a brony and she thinks it's awesome! She even said that she'd get me a Rainbow Dash plush for my birthday.

But My father on the other hand.... Nope, probably never going to tell him, well, maybe after I get my own place and move out of his house. My father is ex-military and would most likely start to insult or make fun of me for liking MLP. I'll tell him... someday... once I've gotten my own house.

Edited by SomeMaineBrony

I haven't really told anyone that I know irl. A few know, and are unsupportive, so I don't go around telling. Most people I know are jerks. The one person who's opinion matters to me is just okay with it, so here I am. Put another way, the "Smile Song" makes me cry because I don't know anyone (save one) irl who would actually be happy to see me smile...

My mom knows I'm a brony.  She thought it was bizarre that I like the show at first but she never had negative feelings about it (at least not spoken of).  When I showed her the big Bronies documentary last year, that is when she finally understood that liking MLP is no different than liking Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, etc.

My Parental Care Units have collected and processed the data. FPCU does not mind. MPCU has occasional compatability issues with said data.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

my mom has just found out and is telling EVERYONE. I mean come on you dont have to tell the whole world that I'm a brony. luckily I got brony friends to help me anyway :)

Edited by TheAwesomeBrony
  • Brohoof 1

I did tell my parents that I was a Brony about 5 months ago.

My Mon thought it was weird, but funny.

My Dad apparently had a problem with me liking My Little Pony.

So one day he confronted me about it.

He told me that certain portions of Bronies were gay, pedophiles, and cloppers.

(might I mention I grew up in a Conservative Christian home)

Now personally, I don't have any problems with cloppers and I support gay rights, but I have never told my Dad this.

After he gave me this lecture on Bronies he pretty much verbally forced me to agree to leave the whole "Brony" thing.

I went back into being closet Brony.

So here I am today, a closet Brony once again. :-(

post-25645-0-15069000-1407455625_thumb.jpg

Edited by Emerald Starlight
  • Brohoof 1

I did tell my parents that I was a Brony about 5 months ago.

My Mon thought it was weird, but funny.

My Dad apparently had a problem with me liking My Little Pony.

So one day he confronted me about it.

He told me that certain portions of Bronies were gay, pedophiles, and cloppers.

(might I mention I grew up in a Conservative Christian home)

Now personally, I don't have any problems with cloppers and I support gay rights, but I have never told my Dad this.

After he gave me this lecture on Bronies he pretty much verbally forced me to agree to leave the whole "Brony" thing.

I went back into being closet Brony.

So here I am today, a closet Brony once again. :-(

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

*cuddles and nuzzles* No young one, no matter the age, should be treated like that. It figures that people in religion would bash you down like that. As much as I'm sure you respect your father, and I don't mean this as harm, but your father is one of those closed minded assholes who deserve to get shot in the head. Forcing someone to not be a brony is sickening. I mean no disrespect but I do mean what I say. I want you to be happy with who you are, if you need to hide it from those that do not deserve to know who you are, so be it, but never fear being yourself. If others hate you for it, tough shit. They can eat a pile and shut the flipping bird up.

• Brohoof 1