Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We've seen a fair amount of these glittery ponies since we were first introduced to them back in the Season 3 pilot. They seem to have become a big tourist attraction, and/or have joined Equestria itself. For example, we saw Crystal Ponies in the crowds during Princess Twilight's coronation.

So I was wondering. What more are we going to see of these ponies, and how deep will we be digging into their history? After all, most of the Crystal Ponies have memories from 1000 years ago! That could give us all sorts of insight into Equestrian history, especially since most of the major events in Equestria seem to happen around 1000 years ago. They could know about the fall of Discord, or the rise of Nightmare Moon, and they obviously already know about Sombra. These ponies are practically living history! wacko.png

Also, what about the Equestria games? That's a thing. And it's happening in the Crystal Empire. So, I'm guessing we'll probably get an episode on that at some point. That should be cool. We all know RD is excited. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

So that's just something I wanted to bring up. What do you guys think? What do you hope will happen involving the Crystal Ponies? Give me everything you've got! wink.png

• Brohoof 2

Well of course we'll see more Crystal Ponies, I think they're a great new staple in the series, and if anything we'll definitely see them in the inevitable Equestria Games episode. I kinda wish that we could see a bit more of the crystal Mane 6 though(especially Rarity) but that's probably not as likely. :(

• Brohoof 3

We will definitely see more Crystal Ponies after we saw them in The Equestria Games episode, there will definitely be more of them and more episodes of the Crystal Empire. Maybe we will see the Mane 6 as Crystal Ponies again. ;)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
So I was wondering. What more are we going to see of these ponies, and how deep will we be digging into their history?

I think they will just continue making cameo appearances which is ultimately good because I like the consistency the show has bringing things in from earlier episodes. I'm not too sure about the history though. Anything's possible ,but I think they will just explain some of it in The Season 3 Premiere and then leave it alone.

After all, most of the Crystal Ponies have memories from 1000 years ago! That could give us all sorts of insight into Equestrian history, especially since most of the major events in Equestria seem to happen around 1000 years ago. They could know about the fall of Discord, or the rise of Nightmare Moon, and they obviously already know about Sombra.

I think it's actually more than 1,000 because Luna would have to be banished after she and Celestia used the EoH on King Sombra. Before Discord as well so they would have about the same knowledge as Luna seeing how both were pretty much isolated for about the same time.

Also, what about the Equestria games?

I think they might end up showing this. Knowing how the MLP team likes to make the continuity show within the writing. They made such a big deal about it in Games Pony Play that I expect an episode about it actually. If they didn't then oh well...

So that's just something I wanted to bring up. What do you guys think? What do you hope will happen involving the Crystal Ponies? Give me everything you've got!

Hopefully we see even more Crystal Ponies here and there....I would hate to not see them and the whole show acting like they were never there to begin with. I can't see too much being done with them Perhaps a dragon raid on the town and that could be a Spike- Centric episode. He his the hero of the Crystal Empire so it would make sense then.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn
  • Brohoof 1

I am extremely excited for the Equestria games episode personally.  It has the potential to bring in a heck of a lot more characterization for many of the ponies and it will be exciting to see which of them wins.  It will also be a good episode for motivational PMVs such as one for Eye of The Tiger and other similar songs.  

Anyway, I'm certain that there will be more crystal ponies in that episode, considering it is in the crystal kingdom.  And we might just see more crystal kingdom history based on the ever-important moral that history is important for preventing future mistakes.  Maybe Sombra comes back, maybe Twilight has to do more research, maybe a lot of crystal pony things will happen.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

As long as Cadence has a significant role to play, especially true now that we throw Twilicorn into the mix and the fact that Twilight looks up to Cadence as a big sister and friend, I think there's a good chance we'll be seeing more about the crystal ponies, not limited to the Equestria Games hopefully.

Personally I'd love to see an episode where either Cadence visits Ponyville, or sends some delegates there and Twilight and the Mane 6 have to give them a tour around town, a similar to Games that Ponies Play but somewhat flipped. It wouldn't hurt to have a more prominent supporting character that is a Crystal Pony or a standout background crystal pony either.

Also this crystal pony in particular bothers me quite a bit:

238120__safe_spoiler-s03e12_crystal-pony

CAN SHE FREAKING FLY? We ourselves understand very little about how similar to other ponies crystal ponies are, if at all. For all we know they have some telepathic powers or can cast magic without horns. They may even have pegasi (like her above perhaps) and unicorns we just haven't yet seen. 

Like many unexplored but touched upon ideas, like the Griffin Empire, there's a lot to be seen of the crystal ponies and the Crystal Empire Kingdom.

• 3 months later...

Well, the Castle in the Empire is more or less the Orbital Friendship Cannon. They probably have unique crafting skills with crystal based minerals, alchemy and perhaps magic.

Yeah, getting to know more about them would be nice. I can't believe this didn't occur to me before. It would be nice to have an explanation to why they sparkle or just simple get to know a bit more about their history and origin. They are not among the 3 pony tribes we saw an Hearts and Hooves day after all.

So their basically earth ponies that look more sparkle?

I can't help but feel they missed out a chance to do something interesting.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Crystal_Ponies

Well one more on the wish list for season 4.

Just to let you know that we already have a thread discussing Crystal Ponies and whether they'll be in Season 4, so I've combined your thread with it.

Yeah, getting to know more about them would be nice. I can't believe this didn't occur to me before. It would be nice to have an explanation to why they sparkle or just simple get to know a bit more about their history and origin. They are not among the 3 pony tribes we saw an Hearts and Hooves day after all.

Which would imply it was founded after the Summit of the 3 tribes. plus 1000 years in a unique magical area would gradually transform the ponies that founded a settlement there into crystal ponies. Same might be said for the bat-wing pegusi.

• Brohoof 1

Alright, time for Crystal Ponies

I think, since so much has happened throughout the entire show, that yeah, we will see more of them later on. like you said, they have memories from 1000 years ago, they're hosting the Equestria Games, and Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor are Twilight's relatives, OF COURSE we're gonna see them.