Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

On Military Bronies...

skysweep

thought I might write something for all the military bronies out there.

As long as there were conflicting ideals, there would be militaries to enforce and protect these ideals. Now no person would be sane enough to go risk their lives just to defend an ideal, a country. So that is how the concept of military honour and heroism was born. To encourage brave men and women to step forward, on the line, so the rest of us don't. That pride in their sworn duty is what formed the military. The fact we trust these people with the most lethal creations of man, is why they are called to follow values, tradition, honour.

As such, we arrive many years on, in the 21st Century. Many people's perceptions have changed since then. somehow changing through the times of peace. People still shower these people with the same respect of old, but the exemplary soldier has degraded from the honour-driven and value respecting person it once was. Now the people who truly succeed in this new ground are those who concern themselves with the stripes on their shoulders, or the clatter of clamouring medals on their chests.

As the opportunity for gallantry faded in the world, so it seemed did the need for values. Scandals, ruffians, all tarnishing the image of the hallowed trade. But then, it seems, there stands the new soldiers who honour the codes of the past, guided by a new vision. With the military world falling back into the sane, it is no longer what it once was.

As such, the true heroes to my heart are those who once again, step into the light of who the military truly is, those who are brave enough to risk the world out there. This time, it is not death that keeps these bronies at bay, but rather the norms of their own people, whom they will swear to protect with their lives. Their sense of conviction and beliefs far outweigh the critical accusations of others.

And this is why, through the great bravery that all military bronies carry, I respect you all. I can do no more than to help bring your conviction to the light, and to salute you all, no matter in which country's service you are in. 

(Thank you all for reading. Please don't be too critical of this statement. I just wrote it to thank military bronies.)

• Brohoof 2

Also, try telling this to a german tongue.png

Careful there mate, Not only do I speak the language, I get posted there a lot - I think the ordeal you are referencing happened more than one hundred years ago. Unless your French.

Thanks for the statement, And I'm sure any of us will agree with what this, But we're thankful for the support of our countries and the Brony's who support us while we're on the field. It's so easy to think we're bad guys, and if anyone does, that's fine; We're fighting for your opinion to be what ever you feel need it be.

I'm from 155 M squadron in the south of England, for the Royal Air Force. I've achieved the rank of Corporal and, I'm just waiting for a mate. (I'm slightly drunk, Sorry about that too.)

Cheers for your view mate, If anyone disagrees with what I've said, throw mail at me. I wanna help with peoples concerns about this too. Cheers!

-Musix

• Brohoof 1

thanks for the thoughts guys. especially you, Musix. That was quite thoughtful of you, even though you were a bit drunk (surprising).  

• Brohoof 2

First of all, thank you for the understanding and reminding us our duty.

I'm a PLA from China, that means musix is an ally and that MiPony is a potential enemy (lol).

What i want to say is, we might shoot each other for our people&country if there's a war, but right now, we're friends in the mlpforum under the peace.

And I want that peace last forever.

It's not I'm afraid of death.

But once a war brusted, there'll be blood, there'll be death, there'll be broken heart and broken families.

All beautiful things might turn into ashes. And there'll be no harmony but hell.

Take somepony's life is the last thing i want to do.

Cheers for you comrade, and cheers for the world peace.

• Brohoof 1

thought I might write something for all the military bronies out there.

I'm a PLA from China, that means musix is an ally and that MiPony is a potential enemy (lol).

On the up side, a hot war between China and the US/UK is pretty unlikely for the time being.  Economic and strategic rivalry, sure.  Hacking, espionage and stealing/hampering progress, it happens. But lobbing missiles and bullets not so much.

On the up side, a hot war between China and the US/UK is pretty unlikely for the time being. Economic and strategic rivalry, sure. Hacking, espionage and stealing/hampering progress, it happens. But lobbing missiles and bullets not so much.

Man, your English is shitting me, where's my English-Chinese dictionary? ;D

In my opinion, there'll be a partial war between cn&us, jp&us(after a cn&jp war) if sth triggered it. Those hacking and stealing is the preparation of war.

It's not people's hatred that cause war this time. We're all toys of those giant financial groups in the US(mostly).

Man, your English is shitting me, where's my English-Chinese dictionary? ;D

In my opinion, there'll be a partial war between cn&us, jp&us(after a cn&jp war) if sth triggered it. Those hacking and stealing is the preparation of war.

It's not people's hatred that cause war this time. We're all toys of those giant financial groups in the US(mostly).

A large-scale war between (arguably) the two most powerful nations in the world would pretty much obliterate large chunks of the world's economy.  Industry and agriculture would go haywire.  Hardly anyone would be completely unaffected.  Nobody wants that, and nobody (with any influence) on either side wants to take the first shot.

Still, you are right that there are corporations who would stand to benefit from such a conflict.  Fortunately, anybody angling for that kind of thing would quickly be called out on encouraging something so selfish and disastrous.  It would be on levels well beyond what Haliburton or Black Water are infamous for.

A large-scale war between (arguably) the two most powerful nations in the world would pretty much obliterate large chunks of the world's economy.  Industry and agriculture would go haywire.  Hardly anyone would be completely unaffected.  Nobody wants that, and nobody (with any influence) on either side wants to take the first shot.

Still, you are right that there are corporations who would stand to benefit from such a conflict.  Fortunately, anybody angling for that kind of thing would quickly be called out on encouraging something so selfish and disastrous.  It would be on levels well beyond what Haliburton or Black Water are infamous for.

Here is the most unfortunate thing about corporations, no matter what nature of business or country they are from. the reality, no matter how you look at it, is that conflict sells. It is the sad reality of life.

Even the most innocent businesses work because there is conflict. Eco-businesses are supposed to be helping the world, but there would be no business without the conflict of traditional power industries. Banks. The mere nature of conflict itself is why we put money with them, not leaving it in bundles around the house. In fact, our very existence as bronies was due to conflict. We challenged the norms of society, and that is the biggest recruitment campaign one could ever hope for.

Conflict and "righteousness". The two companions of human progress for the last 200 years. Sad but true. That's why i believe in the potential that our interests as bronies are a less...violent way to progress. 

I say we thank both bronies and non-bronies alike for serving in the military. I understand that thanking military bronies is what ties this to MLP Forums, and that non-bronies in the military probably won't see this post. Regardless, big respect to anyone in the military, whether they like ponies or not.

post-7639-0-60096800-1370429897.png