Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Michael DeSanta

Anybody here into tanks or other armored fighting vehicles I am kind of curious I am very partial to the M1 Abrams tanks But I also like the Russian T-72.

I also have a love for the Mi-48 Russian hind and the huey helicopters anybody partial to other vehicles.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer aircraft, like the F-16 Viper, F-18, the F-22 and the various helicopters in our service today. Aviation is my thing, as you've probably noticed.

The F-15 has a place in my heart as well as the Fa-22 raptor. Helicopter wise I loved the cold war era especially the 1970s and 80s. 

• Brohoof 1

The F-15 has a place in my heart as well as the Fa-22 raptor. Helicopter wise I loved the cold war era especially the 1970s and 80s. 

The SR71 Blackbird is the undesputed king of the aviation world, if you want my professional opinion. Such an amazing aircraft

The mobile piece of killing machinery that holds a place in my heart is the lowly machine gun pick-up:

img-1356243-1-6.jpg

It's cheap, fast, all-terrain, and fuel efficient; the weapon of the weak against the strong. It's also the only one so far produced by and for the people, not big government.

Edited by Veylon
  • Brohoof 4

"The best mode transportation, is your own two feet." That is a quote of me surprisingly enough but there ya go, that is my opinion on the matter. Though of course yes tanks, jeeps/trucks, aircraft, boats, futuristic tech like unmanned drones, they all have their niche (a very important one at that). Just don't forget the soldier who has to put those boots everyday and march.

Edited by Warith

Sea wise I'm going to say the aircraft carrier is the coolest yet deadest to use sea-craft vehicle.  Air wise it is a tie between the Flying Fortress and B-2. Now talking land wise, hmm... I'll go with the M1 Abrams because it has the capability to link with fellow tanks to see enemies that others may not be able to see. (Though this information was given off the Military channel.)

Edited by Retro✮Derpy

Eeyup. The Bell UH-Iroquois, better known as the Huey, was the chief aircraft at the time.

Though when it comes to this time and age, I would say that the A-10 Warthog/Thunderbolt would have to be my favorite. Commonly referred to as, "a gun with a plane attached on it" or the "Tank Killer" the A-10 series of jet fighters are used solely for taking out ground targets such as bunkers and tanks. The enormous GA GAU-8 Avenger minigun fires $65.00 each 30x173 rounds at 1,800 rounds per minute. The gun is so powerful that the recoil propels the plane backwards, which is why it can only shoot pointing downwards.

On top of that, since this war machine flys so low and close to the ground, where enemies can get an easy shot at it, this beast is outfitted with very strong armor. It's not very agile, but when you pack that much power, your enemies are most likely going to be running away in terror rather than shooting.

Some pics:

The gun itsef:

Main-Gun-of-an-A10-Warthog2_zps0bda1264.

The aircraft:

a10-28768--a-10-warthog-wallpaper_zpsf41

The round (The biggest one):

711_zpsee8e186b.jpg

Here is the fighter jet's airborne gun's unofficial theme song.

I forgot to mention, this vehicle is all-American!

Edited by Angus Young
  • Brohoof 1

I will post here when I finish my homework, give me a few.

Anything Russian Really. As would be expected from my avatar and signature. 

Alright, got that done, here is a playlist I have on my YouTube channel full of videos of Russia vehicles and weapons, some are in Russian, others are in English, some have English subtitles 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQBNgqWSTCOAGewL5pOU1rF96hRlO_8w9&feature=mh_lolz

Still my Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM4K_IIwbaw

Edited by T-90мс Тагил

• 6 months later...

Eeyup. The Bell UH-Iroquois, better known as the Huey, was the chief aircraft at the time.

Though when it comes to this time and age, I would say that the A-10 Warthog/Thunderbolt would have to be my favorite. Commonly referred to as, "a gun with a plane attached on it" or the "Tank Killer" the A-10 series of jet fighters are used solely for taking out ground targets such as bunkers and tanks. The enormous GA GAU-8 Avenger minigun fires $65.00 each 30x173 rounds at 1,800 rounds per minute. The gun is so powerful that the recoil propels the plane backwards, which is why it can only shoot pointing downwards.

On top of that, since this war machine flys so low and close to the ground, where enemies can get an easy shot at it, this beast is outfitted with very strong armor. It's not very agile, but when you pack that much power, your enemies are most likely going to be running away in terror rather than shooting.

Some pics:

The gun itsef:

img-1356371-1-Main-Gun-of-an-A10-Warthog

The aircraft:

img-1356371-2-a10-28768--a-10-warthog-wa

The round (The biggest one):

img-1356371-3-711_zpsee8e186b.jpg

Here is the fighter jet's airborne gun's unofficial theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-pR0MOJKZM

I forgot to mention, this vehicle is all-American!

GAU 8. Gotta love that hum. Did you know that originally, the A-10 was supposed to have two cannons? Unfortunatly, the recoil was so great that A) the rapid deceleration would have torn the plane apart, despite it's robustness, and B) It would have slowed the plane so that it would stall.

Personally though, I love the STOVL jets like the harrier II and F-35B

• Brohoof 1

My favorite land vehicle is the Tiger II or King Tiger. Despite being a old war machine, I just love the tank, a beauty that is unmatched. I mean, you can't go wrong with a sloped sexy tank with the famous 8.8cm kwk. 

• Brohoof 1

• 10 years later...

Tanks: T-90, Leopard 2, Object 279, T-28 USSR, Tsar tank.
Aircraft: F-22 Raptor, Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk, F-35, F-4 Phantom II, Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird, Northrop B-2 Spirit, Tu-95, MiG-31, MiG-23.
Helicopters: Ka-52, Mi-28, Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk, Mi-24.
Armored vehicles: HMMWV, Ural-63095 BTR-80, BMP-3.

Artillery: Dora, 203-mm howitzer of the 1931 model (Stalin's sledgehammer)
Multiple launch rocket system: Grad, TOS-1 Pinocchio, 9K57 "Hurricane", MLRS "Tornado", TOS-2, TOS-1A "Solntsepek".

Missile system: RT-2PM "Topol".

Anti-aircraft missile system: S-400 "Triumph".

Pantsir-S1-self-propelled anti-aircraft missile and cannon complex.

АН602 " Tsar-bomb".

• 2 weeks later...

When I started watching the anime “Girls und Panzer” I got interested in the different kinds of tanks because there are so many to choose from, with so many different abilities. I couldn’t choose a favorite of one over another because I can’t remember all those names and numbers.

As for planes, I like the F-14 Tomcat. It’s considered a fossil now but I think they look awesome.

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

Nothing will ever top the F-22. The ultimate in both form and function, looks and sounds beautiful, made in the 90s and still eclipses anything China or Russia can put out. Simply the greatest air superiority fighter ever made (thus far anyway).

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...