Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Join the Military?

Homura Akemi

Yes, only because of a slight love for firearms. I FINALLY GET TO USE MY (Hopefully) M14EBRRI!

But, likely, an M4 would have to do...

Plus I just love seeing scum die. It's just so satisfying.

Edited by Twilight Sniper

I had planned on joining the ADF at one point, I even went to the first interview stage which was more or less them asking me if I thought I could kill someone. To sit the second interview I would have needed to travel but I, out of laziness, didn't end up going.

I'm not sure I could handle being in the sun as often as they seem to be, especially in full gear. I'm not built for the heat.

As soon as I read your comment I imagined you being pined down in a foxhole taking enemy fire... but instead of bullets and grenades, the enemy is throwing foods you're allergic to haha. 

Dat imagination. 

Allergies suck wish I did not have em... not only does it stop you from eating stuff but then also stopping you to do other things as well. Leaves you pretty much SOL

But you know it makes perfect sense they cannot take people who have a lot of allergies because I mean when your out there you have to eat what you can get. So in other words there can't be any bending round the bush.

Edited by Cherribomb

If I could, I would. Sadly, my Diabetes disqualifies me from military service. My family has a long history of military service. My brother, father, grandfather, great grandfather and so on all served for many years in the armed forces, and I'd definitely continue with that tradition if I had the chance. 

No way, the military is for chumps and losers. I have no respect for them at all. Especially those snipers, just a unch of pussies with fancy guns. That's all they are!

Oh...wait a minute.

I see what you did there, you!

photo-23605.jpg?_r=1390756726

No, as much as I respect alot of the people that are willing to serve I highly doubt I willl serve in the military anytime soon unless there is another draft (though my Autism may make them classify me as a 4F and disqualify me). Athough I function very well in a structured environment I have always had problems with authority and have a tendency to mouth off, and I do not approve of Americas foreign policy. Propping up brutal dictatorships only to stab them in the back later, a never ending slew of unconstitutional undeclared wars and guarding poppy fields in Afghanistan does not act in the interests of the American people but of the oil companies, military industrial complex and the big banks. I don't want to risk dying in some 3rd world hellhole to serve the mad agenda of a bunch of murdering pyscopathic control freaks who are hell bent on dominating everyone and everything that isn't tied down.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 3

It'd be nice; I could grow as a human being, serve our country, and get a ride through college to boot.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't last because of my heart :( That makes me unfit for military service; I'm not even able to play sports because of it.

But, believe me, that's the only thing stopping me from signing up :D It'd be badass to be a military man.

I would never really need to. We Dutchies never get involved to much into wars, fortunately (in our own country at least, most military troops are sent out to help civies in dangerous areas) :P

HECK YES!

I would love to join Heimvernet, I think I could have joined in.

The only thing that could stop me is my nationality, I am Icelandic on paper and such.

(I love guns and bombs... almost as much as I love kitties! xD )

Edited by A CrayZ Cat

I can't be a soldier anyway, I'm not american. But even if I were I would say a huge NO!

Even if the saying 'life sucks' applies very well to everybody at times, I actually love life, also I'm terrified of death. I don't want to give my life to 'serve my coutry', I don't want to handle guns, I don't want to kill other people and I don't want to lose my limbs, not even a single nail.

• Brohoof 1

That is a big resounding no, I already served in the U.S. Navy once, I don't ever want to back. I met some good people though, I would have given up life for them, and I nearly did, but other than that taking orders from people you don't like can be hard, although you knew who those people were, it was the faceless bureaucrats in the pentagon or the white house, that can screw you over behind the scenes, and that was pretty hard to stomach, but to anyone who wants to join, think very carefully before you do, it can very well be your last mistake.     

Edited by Emperor Peter

I originally had plans to join the military (Army or Air Force, was leaning more towards USAF) but after thinking for awhile, changed my mind and planned for the Police.  Mainly because what I wanted to do, would make me have to commit to 8+ years.

Yes, only because of a slight love for firearms. I FINALLY GET TO USE MY (Hopefully) M14EBRRI!

But, likely, an M4 would have to do...

Plus I just love seeing scum die. It's just so satisfying.

The EBR kit for the M14 kinda sucks, IMO. The rifle itself is absolutely great, and is honestly one of the best semi-auto, mid-range, sub MOA rifles on the planet, but that damned EBR kit just adds weight and a wobbly stock.

The EBR kit for the M14 kinda sucks, IMO. The rifle itself is absolutely great, and is honestly one of the best semi-auto, mid-range, sub MOA rifles on the planet, but that damned EBR kit just adds weight and a wobbly stock.

Don't forget that god awful hand guard, and that heavy as all hell scope and scope mount, humping it with ona those in afganistan just made my deployment that much worse lol. 

• 9 years later...

Never, but unfortunately in my country military service is mandatory (I hope to somehow avoid this).
The first reason: I don't like being bossed around. I love freedom.
The second reason: I am a pacifist, but I like everything related to the war.
Maybe I would like to become a Special Forces soldier, but not in my country.

• Brohoof 2