Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you were joining this forum today , would you still sign up with the same username you originally did?

Reecejackox

(edited)

I like changing my name a lot, but my current name is more or less the same I had from the start and use almost anywhere else, minus the numbers

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Well, it's probably would have been the same as my current display name. But it's kind of doesn't matter because the other people can't see it.

Edited by RDDash
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

My original username was in reference to Fluttershy being my #1 favorite pony at the time, which later changed to Lyra, so no, I wouldn't have used my original name. I could see myself still using "lyrabetes", but maybe I would have put a different number after it, since the original significance of 39 is kind of lost now. I can't say for sure.

Edited by lyrabetes3939
  • Brohoof 4

Well firstly, I doubt that I would have gotten into it at this stage. I didn't even know that G4 existed until 2 of my friends introduced me to it mid second season. I hadn't come across anything regarding the fandom. It had produced art and music even by then, but a fresh look from today would leave me to thinking of it all as a neat oddity, and a bit overwhelming to get into, so I probably wouldn't bother.

As for my name, I came up with it after someone said I looked "Sharp" in regards to my Halloween costume, which was a prohibition gangster. Very circumstantial, so I'm sure it'd be different. Half the time I've gone by a different name on other pony sites, but that's of a character I made and isn't exactly me per se.

• Brohoof 3

Oh, absolutely! Magical Mare is still me! <3 But I changed it to Silky since people were demanding my newer name back ahhaha <3 

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Silky the smol said:

Oh, absolutely! Magical Mare is still me! <3 But I changed it to Silky since people were demanding my newer name back ahhaha <3 

In another reality, you joined in 2023 and I did my best to show you the path I believed I was showing you in 2021 when we first met. Without me realizing, you were the one to set me down that same path, in recent times. 

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Yes.... This name became an identity of mine.... All fear this name....

Silly Kujah, I laugh at that namesie, neeeeigh~ :yay:

As for me? I guess I would use some other name. This one feels boring and out of place.

• Brohoof 2

31 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Silly Kujah, I laugh at that namesie, neeeeigh~ :yay:

As for me? I guess I would use some other name. This one feels boring and out of place.

Hhhhhhhkkkkkk:Cozy:

• Brohoof 1

Pretty sure I wouldn't. I haven't signed up anywhere with the username Envy in years now. For nearly a decade now my usernames have now been musical in some way.

• Brohoof 3

I don't know actually. "Cash In" was my nickname IRL, but the first time I used it as an online alias was when I signed up here. That was because I couldn't come up with anything better. Had I joined today, I might've come up with something else instead.

• Brohoof 2

Likely yes, even though I was... barely known under my original name. I literally created it by slightly changing my regular online username so that nobody tracks me down being a brony :laugh: Today I... don't really care much about being "caught" anymore :toldya:

• Brohoof 2

Originally my username was Shiny Star for like two days. Then, I changed it for Shiny Silvermoon which is more fitting to me. Changing my username was quite fast and easy so I don't see any reason why I should change the past. I've been Shiny Star only for two days anyway, I bet that I'm the only pony who recall it! :jazz-hooves-please:

• Brohoof 2