DITR

Here we go.

-The US theme song sucks.

-Putting Your Hoof Down is a good episode.

-Cadence and Shining Armor are a stupid couple.

-Power Ponies was pretty good. 

-Most Spike episodes tend to be pretty boring.

-Equestria Games and Secret of My Excess are tied to be the worst episodes.

-The fight between Tirek and Twilight was meh.

-All of the songs except This Day Aria and Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 hurt to listen to.

-The Season 4 episode 1 and 2 villain should've been someone other than Discord being a doof.

-The first episodes of MLP are not good choices to watch first.

-Dragons or Griffins should not appear on the show,unless it's a background thing.

-The hate for DT and SS is stupid. DT and SS just need more character development,other than being Mean Girl wannabes.

-Season 4 was definitely the best season.

-I think Twily being an alicorn made little sense. Since,she doesn't even want to be princess in the first place.

-Baby ponies are just  :eww: . I'm looking at you,Pumpkin and Pound cake. Little shitheads.

-Flash Sentry and Twily don't work. And even if Flash did have better character development,it still wouldn't work.

-I see Flash Sentry as a closet homosexual and having the hots for Shining Armor.

That's all. I'll probably add more in there later.

• Brohoof 1

Season 1 is better than Season 3. 

In terms of passable to good episodes, they have the same. Season 1 has Owl's Well That Ends Well and Griffon The Brush Off while Season 3 has Spike At Your Service and One Bad Apple. Percentage-wise, and out of only 13 episodes, Season 3 wins. Also, I consider The Crystal Empire and Magical Mystery Cure superior to Friendship Is Magic and The Best Night Ever.

Celestia and Luna are equally enjoyable to me.

As much as I respect Lauren Faust, the show got better after she left. The show can be light-hearted, saccharine and still appeal to all ages and be awesome. As Walt Disney once said (although I think that Disney Channel is garbage and a debacle to his legacy): "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

All episodes, even Dragon Quest, can range from decent to beyond perfection, when compared to the rest of the muck by other cartoons.

• Brohoof 5

I really do not care much for Twilight at all.  She is too closed-minded and boring.  When I see the way Twilight talks to Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie, I die a little inside.  I loved Magical Mystery Cure and thought that it had one of the best songs in the whole series.  I think that many of the other songs in the series are too boring and seem to go on forever.  I think Discord is a great character.  I think that Rainbow Dash's arrogance is necessary to prevent her from outshining every other character in the show by way too much.  I think that the only cool thing about Fluttershy is that she lives in a cottage in the woods.  I think that the CMC are awesome, especially Scootaloo.  I like the fact that there are not many stallions on the show because I went to lower and middle school at an all-girls school and so it is familiar.  I enjoyed the Equestria Girls and Rainbow Rocks movies, I just thought they were not as good as the actual show.  It really bothered me that Sunset Shimmer became friends with the Mane 6.  She is the kind of person I cannot stand in real life.  She should have become a friendless loser.  I think Luna should have kept her "traditional" voice; it was cool.  Her normal one is acceptable, but kind of boring.  I don't get what is so great about Silver Spoon.  She is just the popular girl's yes-man.  I wish there were more episodes with Scootaloo so her character could be developed more.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

I also don't see what's so generous about Rarity, she just fixes people's outfits and stuff because it bothers her to be around something that isn't perfect.

Oh, again with the whole thing about Rarity not being generous enough? I thought that people who thought that were extinct....

Season 1 is better than Season 3. 

If we divided all the seasons (but season 3) in 2 parts of 13 episodes. The second half of season 1 would be the best without a doubt.

I'll throw in one more: Fluttershy is the worst of the mane 6. I don't hater her by a long shot, I actually have a strong level of affection for all the mane 6. I just don't find her that appealing most of the time though. I won't call her overrated (I hate that word), but just being really cute and nice isn't enough to make a great character for me.

Fluttershy is my second favorite pony and being cute has nothing to do with it. I understand that we all have different opinions, but that argument is invalid.

• Brohoof 1

- I don't think MLP is the greatest show of all time, nor is it my favourite.

- I don't hate Luna, but I don't see why she's held in such a high regard.

- I don't see what the big deal about Derpy is. She's just there for the hell of it.

- I prefer the adventure episodes over the slice-of-life episodes.

- I like high stakes in the show.

- I fully understand that background characters such as "Berry Punch" or "Carrot Top" (as the fans refer to them as,) solely exist to be random nameless recyclable citizens in the background. Seeing duplicates of them on screen or giving them inconsistent voices isn't worth freaking out over. They don't have any personalities, backstories or names. They're just the animation equivalent of extras.

- I miss the pre-Season-3 days when the fandom had some dignity. I even had respect for them before I was a fan of the show. Now it seems like too many bronies are overly sensitive, insecure and defensive these days.

- Season 1 was the weakest season.

- I want the show to end on it's own accord. Preferably after Season 5 or a sixth season. I don't want it to go on forever.

- I liked Putting Your Hoof Down.

- Baby Cakes is the worst episode as of today.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 1

- I don't think MLP is the greatest show of all time, nor is it my favourite.

- I don't hate Luna, but I don't see why she's held in such a high regard.

- I don't see what the big deal about Derpy is. She's just there for the hell of it.

- I prefer the adventure episodes over the slice-of-life episodes.

- I like high stakes in the show.

- I fully understand that background characters such as "Berry Punch" or "Carrot Top" (as the fans refer to them as,) solely exist to be random nameless recyclable citizens in the background. Seeing duplicates of them on screen or giving them inconsistent voices isn't worth freaking out over. They don't have any personalities, backstories or names. They're just the animation equivalent of extras.

- I miss the pre-Season-3 days when the fandom had some dignity. I even had respect for them before I was a fan of the show. Now it seems like too many bronies are overly sensitive, insecure and defensive these days.

- I want the show to end on it's own accord. Preferably after Season 5 or a sixth season. I don't want it to go on forever.

- I liked Putting Your Hoof Down.

- Baby Cakes is the worst episode as of today.

1. No, it really isn't. But, if the season 5 rumours are true, then it's easily both.

2. *shrugpony*

3. never cared for her.

4. DOn't have a specific preference

5. YES

6. fan service is overused

7. Wasn't there then, so I can't input anything.

8. Yup

9. Of course.

10. I hate this episode more than Hitler. I am not kidding. At. All.

11. Definitely up there pretty high.

- Princess Celestia is a very awesome princess, but at the same time I think she is kinda a weak one. I mean, I know the Mane 6 are the elements of Harmony and all, and the only time I even seen her protect her kingdom or take matters into her own hooves was 1,000 years ago against Nightmare Moon, and at the Royal Wedding when it was revealed the Queen Chrysalis was an impostor.  More so, she depends on 6 ponies who carry the elements of friendship. Sometimes, I kinda question the whole "elements" thing. I understand Twilight being essential (Magic, obviously), but I mean, why the other five specific ponies? Not any one else? Because if you ask me, I think any pony in Ponyville or beyond Equestria can have these traits as well. Could it be because they represent them the most, oooooooooor something along those lines? Being a pegasister for a few years now, I can never wrap that logic around my head at all. Haha
Well, you know what, I guess without them Celestia and Luna would have their butts baked into apple pies and The Flying Spaghetti Monster knows whom would have the kingdom in their grasp...but it does not simply excuse the logic that anypony can have these traits, right? If i'm not, point it out fellas!  :muffins:

:comeatus:  :comeatus: 

Edited by teacup-bunnies23

YES.

I hate when people praise season 1 as being the best when it was the most boring and flat. And the animation was horrible.

• Brohoof 3

YES.

I hate when people praise season 1 as being the best when it was the most boring and flat. And the animation was horrible.

Oh uh, I actually don't think the animation is bad in Season 1. In fact, I remember being impressed by it when I first watched it.

That being said, it isn't as good as it has been recently. The backgrounds seemed kind of plain at times, and sometimes the character's mouths seemed kind of weird.

I didn't think the season was boring. I thought it had good episodes, and at the time I could understand why people liked the show. I just hated the puns and excessive cutesy moments.

Also, you'll probably disagree with me when I say that the show is better now than it has been before.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 2

Oh uh, I actually don't think the animation is bad in Season 1. In fact, I remember being impressed by it when I first watched it.

That being said, it isn't as good as it has been recently. The backgrounds seemed kind of plain at times, and sometimes the character's mouths seemed kind of weird.

I didn't think the season was boring. It had good episodes, and at the time I understood why people liked the show. I just hated the puns and excessive cutesy moments.

The animation has always been good. It just has improved itself so much that it made season 1 animation seem like it was awful.

• Brohoof 2

The animation has always been good. It just has improved itself so much that it made season 1 animation seem like it was awful.

Yeah, they've really figured out how to work that style of animation.

Every time I watch Rainbow Rocks I'm amazed by the cinematography. (Is that the right word for animation?) They've gotten really good at playing with depth of field with a fake lens focus effect, and they're good at making 2D objects rotate like they're 3D. Plus just all the little details and facial expressions.

-  Since becoming an alicorn, Twilight has become almost completely unrelatable. 

- The first Equestria Girls > Rainbow Rocks, but honestly, I still could not give two ****s about that franchise.  

- Twilight's Kingdom is my least favorite two-parter by a mile, and the Twilight/Tirek battle is without a doubt one of my least favorite moments in the show. 

- Spike is an underrated character. 

- There is no reason whatsoever for the CMC to not get their cutie marks in season 5. 

Edited by Cleverclover

That Twilight's ascension was right and makes sense for the show. Celestia is not a tyrant or trying to be deceptive and guided (not controled) Twilight to her destiny. Twilight is much more than a neurotic nerd; all the ponies are more than their stereotype.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are not all that and a bag of chips. :-)

I was actually disappointed when I heard the 100th episode was going to be about Background characters. I'm sorry, but that's just fan pandering and a half.

Speaking of which, I don't care for background characters at all. I never understood why characters that stand in the background who have no more personality than Twilight's book collection or my Super Mario World SNES cart are getting all these fanfics up the ass about them. That's like if I looked at the MLPForums' Sign Out button and I thought "Man, I should totally write a fanfic about that!"

• Brohoof 6