Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

An Unexpected Death

John

Hey everyone.

Sorry for the alarming title.  I just wanted to discuss a few things that have been bothering me.

A lot of my friends who have previously been very involved with the show are losing interest and wanting to abandon it.  They have had mature and honest discussions with me about how the show is degrading and turning into an icon for Hasbro's dollar.  I can't entirely agree with them, as I shouldn't judge until I see S4 and all of the episodes, but I too have noticed something different about the show and the brony community.  I have thought over all of the things that have been done to completely revolutionize the show and I can tell you that (in my opinion) 2013 has not been a good year for us.

Just to name a few..  (And keep in mind these are opinionated.)

Twilicorn, although I have carefully thought it over in my mind many times, does not seem like a good idea to me (for a pretty good deal of reasons, most of which I'm sure anyone could figure out.)  EQG  (yes, I've seen it) was a  pretty bad spinoff movie that dilutes many of the original good aspects about the show and further seeks to hurt our reputation.  The one game I was looking forward to, (Fighting is magic) was shut down by Greedsbro.

Now I didn't come here to bitch.  I came here for enlightenment!  With all of these bad things, I have been having some trouble thinking of the good things that have happened; so all I'm asking for, are some positives.  I want you all to give me good reasons to have faith and keep interest in the show;  so I don't want answers like "well we don't want you here either, so If you think all of that stuff is bad then leave!" or "Your opinions suck."

Thanks!

I personally like Twilicorn and EQG, but that's your opinion and I'm not going to slander you for it; that would be immature. 

Some positive things for me would be:

-Season 4, it's obviously not out yet, but the wait makes it all the more exciting and mysterious.

-There are 65 amazing episodes of the series; now some episodes are...less than satisfactory but they're still rather interesting to watch.

-The fan-made content, bronies continuously pump out new content everyday, whether it be fanfiction, videos, or music. 

-The bronies themselves. Bronies are usually kind people so they're always here to lend a helping hand (some may not be like that, but a majority I have talked to are rather kind.)

-The characters get more and more developed as time goes on. For example, Twilicorn. It was the plan from nearly the beginning of the franchise, but they needed to flesh Twi's character out a bit more; or how Fluttershy overcomes her shyness every now and then.

-Some of the episodes are actually quite mature (Lesson Zero, Party of One, Wonderbolt Academy, etc..), all rather serious episodes and there will be more in season 4.

-The new characters. Every new character seems to be interesting in their own individual way. 

-The new merchandise that's constantly released. Some things even brony-related. Besides you can't complain about an episode being a money-grabber, the entire series was made for money.

That's pretty much the whole thing for me. Sorry if I sound stupid in any way. 

• Brohoof 2

Thanks for the reply.  My question to you is:

-The new characters. Every new character seems to be interesting in their own individual way. 

What new characters have actually been approved for the actual show?  O.O

I didn't know there we're approved new characters.  I thought there was only speculation.

What new characters have actually been approved for the actual show?  O.O I didn't know there we're approved new characters.  I thought there was only speculation.

No, I meant how characters are constantly added. Like how Babs Seed, Lightning Dust, King Sombra and such. That's what I meant. :3 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen Equestria Girls yet, though I've heard good things about it. As for Twilicorn, I'd like to see how S4 plays out before making any opinions. Although your friend has good reasons for leaving the fandom, I wouldn't leave for those reasons.