Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you (or can you) wear MLP merch at work?

NothingIsEverything

I understand that if you work at McDonald's or Starbucks, you probably can't wear the shirts so you might have to resort to the pins for your shirt (I would). At my job, the dress code is pretty casual, so I just wear jeans and polos 95% of the time, but almost every friday, I would wear a MLP shirt to work (I only have three to choose from) almost like a casual friday, so to speak. But lately, we have been having a lot of problems at work, and I think that me wearing a MLP shirt would reflect poorly on the task at hand (i.e., a customer might call me out on it). That has never happend and I don't think it will, but I rather err on the safe side. Knowing my job, people get angry pretty easily.

Funny you should ask, I'm actually wearing my new MLP shirt at work right now. I'm kind of dreading the point during the day where it gets hot enough for me to take off my jacket, allowing my coworkers to see it in all its glory. And I'm not sure whether the fact that all my coworkers are middle-aged would help or hurt my case...

I would err on the side of caution if your workplace does allow it than there is of course nothing wrong with it but at the same time it also wouldn't hurt to lay off the pony shirts at work at least until the heat dies down. I myself work at a grocery store but the dress code is extremely formal the uniform is a white dress shirt, black dress pants, black dress shoes and socks and a company issued tie or bowtie and apron which can be either green, red, purple or brown depend on the department you work in or in the case of front end supervisors a green vest and brown vests for keycarriers/managers. Employees are allowed to wear pins but only if they are company or union pins so no pony pins for me on the job.

I would be sort've cautious wearing it to School (I am still in high school, not graduated) because I haven't seen any MLP merch on or heard any talk among anyone in the entire school.

I have Rarity's cutie mark on my name badge, but that's all. I don't feel the need to wear anything else pony-related at work.

However, a coworker of mine wears a mane six belt every day, and has RBD's cutie mark on his name badge.

(edited)

All I can wear is a pony pin. I work as an english instructor, and the dress code is super formal: A formal shirt or t-shirt (at least you can wear t-shirts), dress pants, dress shoes and a tie. I can choose the color that I'm going to wear, but right now they're thinking about a uniform, though most of my coworkers have said no and the institution actually listen to us so this won't be approved in the end.

Anyway, Since I love ponies wub.png and I also work with kids and teenagers, I'm allowed to use some minimal stuff for entertainment (specially if you're going to teach them actions/verbs like "play," "watch," "eat," etc.) So I always bring a lovely Fluttershy yay-ing pin. But that's it. I wanted to wear a pony tie, but that's crossing the line, aparently... dry.png

Edited by cd_solidsnake

i suppose i could wear one of my pony shirts to work (i currently work on a construction site) but given the kind of people working here i probably never will :P

I would love to be able to wear my pony merch to work but because I don't have any pins or such it's hard to wear anything else. I wear my shirts as an undershirt to my work shirt but there really seems to be no point to it if no one is going to see it. Normally when people see my shirts they normally say "That's awesome" or "What is that?" if its the latter then I explain what it is and they usually just give me the standard confused look O_o. Since I'm driving a lot I could always get MLP window decals, but I haven't been able to find any sites that sell them unfortunately.

I wear a 20% cooler badge at work thats all

Its pretty funny seeing peoples faces when they look at my badge

Sometimes people say I hope its not what I think it is

Then I say it is what you think

Then they walk away and leave me alone working

Wearing mlp stuff repels annoying people :P

My job requires me to wear a company polo, so no shirts (it's probably for the best anyway). However, I do have a Rainbow Dash blindbag figurine that I converted into a keychain that is always hanging proudly out of my pocket. It has sparked its fair share of interesting workplace conversations.

• Brohoof 1

No i cant required to wear a uniform everyday but i get to have my phone and rainbowdash is licking my phone screen thats what i'm sble to do

post-16202-0-81645000-1372444601_thumb.jpg

Yes, i wear a MLP Vinyl Scratch LED hoodie with several pins on it and a few MLP shirts from time to time i also have a derpy keychain that hangs from my pocket.I work 3rd shift at walmart so there a bit more lax on dress code since we dont get tons of customers at night.

(edited)

At my last job we had to wear company tshirts and jeans, so I didn't have much leeway there, but I did wear one of my mane six belts every day.

I would love to be able to wear my pony merch to work but because I don't have any pins or such it's hard to wear anything else. I wear my shirts as an undershirt to my work shirt but there really seems to be no point to it if no one is going to see it. Normally when people see my shirts they normally say "That's awesome" or "What is that?" if its the latter then I explain what it is and they usually just give me the standard confused look O_o. Since I'm driving a lot I could always get MLP window decals, but I haven't been able to find any sites that sell them unfortunately.

I found Pinkie Pie here! http://www.etsy.com/listing/78079190/my-little-pony-pinkie-pie-vinyl-decal

Rainbow Dash here! http://www.8bitthis.com/my-little-pony-rainbow-dash-vinyl-decal/

I'll keep looking for other ponies, I've been meaning to find some for my car as well. smile.png

Redbubble has a bunch of regular stickers, but if you want one to put on your vehicle that isn't going to come off or get ruined you want to look for a die cut vinyl decal. (Hope something in all of that was helpful ;) )

Edited by Negativity
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

When I work at Crayola, I wear a hat all day,and it has a pin with Fluttershy on it...it's a small 1'' button. And I've also got a Fluttershy and Luna metal keychain that dangle out of my pocket. (makes my keys easier to grab)....there's really no dress code there, other than no jewelry on your wrists, so I have to take my Rainbow chainmaile bracelet off.

Edited by Flutter Dash

My crappy job has a pretty tight dress code (company-issued polo, black trousers, black undershirt, black belt), so no pony shirts here.

Even before I was ever a brony I used to wear a flag lapel pin on the shirt for years until they changed heart and told us we're not allowed to wear non-company pins on us either (and pissed me off in the process), so no pins now either.

HOWEVER, I will not be stopped. They conveniently said nothing about bracelets, keyrings, and necklaces. So I wear my "BRONY" wristband (with RD on it) and my Rainbow Dash keyring every day. I also have three necklaces: one with Dashie's face as the pendant, one with her cutie mark as the pendant, and one with a (big) Rarity as the pendant. I alternate those every day and prominently display them (right now wearing the Rarity one most frequently).

• Brohoof 2

At my last job we had to wear company tshirts and jeans, so I didn't have much leeway there, but I did wear one of my mane six belts every day.

I found Pinkie Pie here! http://www.etsy.com/listing/78079190/my-little-pony-pinkie-pie-vinyl-decal

Rainbow Dash here! http://www.8bitthis.com/my-little-pony-rainbow-dash-vinyl-decal/

I'll keep looking for other ponies, I've been meaning to find some for my car as well. img-1602666-1-smile.png

Redbubble has a bunch of regular stickers, but if you want one to put on your vehicle that isn't going to come off or get ruined you want to look for a die cut vinyl decal. (Hope something in all of that was helpful ;) )

Those are pretty cool I may buy the Pinkie Pie one and maybe the Rainbow Dash one. If you find any fully colored ones or any others at all please let me know. Thanks for letting me know about these ones! I really appreciate it.

I have to wear a uniform where I work, so no MLP shirts for me. I could wear an MLP pin or something, but I don't think I would want to. After bringing ponies up in a casual conversation, I found out that all of the people I work with are haterstongue.png  So wearing anything pony related, or even letting them know i'm a brony would probably be a bad ideahuh.png

Those are pretty cool I may buy the Pinkie Pie one and maybe the Rainbow Dash one. If you find any fully colored ones or any others at all please let me know. Thanks for letting me know about these ones! I really appreciate it.

I proudly display a Vinyl Scratch on the back of my truck. You can see it in this here picture;

img15111.jpg

I have no restrictions about placing this on the internet, as that is no longer my license plate (or even a valid one for that matter, it got seriously screwed up by a trailer) nor is that my house. tongue.png

So yeah. If you're wondering where I got it, Hot Topic. They gots a full color Pinkie, too.

• Brohoof 1