Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Jumped Through The Portal. (Theory.)

Twi Rubix

Pinkie's 4th wall breaking is really over-exaggerated... Spike had a couple really obvious 4th wall jokes in Lesson Zero and nobody paid attention, Pinkie's never been that blatant about it

True or when Spike says why do you all look so 'grey' in the the Discord episodes, can't remember what they are called but you know what i mean.

One does not simply comprehend Pinkie pie my dear friend.

No but seriously, its just Pinkie, shes the type of character for that to happen to, its nothing special :P.

Sure theres the theories about her jumping into the portal, but she was obviously right behind Twilight when Twilight goes home, and she couldn't have possibly got to another portal if she had one and ended up right alongside her friends, all without anyone noticing anything.

So I think its just Pinkie.

(edited)

Pinkie does touch the portal, just before Luna pulls her back.  Perhaps that was enough for her to enter a coherent quantum superposition state with her counterpart, so that each would have the other's knowledge...

@@Feather Gem,

That comic is awesome!  Spider Pinkie!  Or is it Pink Widow?  Arachnia Girls: Coming Soon to a Theater Near You!  And yes, the dolls will be creepy.

Edited by InvisiblePinkUnicorn
  • Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie is, clearly, an omnipotent goddess who is the true power behind Princess Celestia's throne.

In a Friend In Deed, she grew four extra hooves, and in Too Many Pinkie Pies, she was capable of levitation. Plus, using her Pinkie Sense, as in Feeling Pinkie Keen, she can see into the future.

• Brohoof 1

It would have to be PInkie Pie just being Pinkie Pie. In the episode, Feeling Pinkie Keen her Pinkie sense can interact with the future, her tail and ear twitching helps her realise something is happening in the next few seconds.

I know this may seem crazy but it could be that Pinkie Pie from the "human" dimension may have jumped through the portal just as soon as or after Twilight became a princess. She can break the forth wall so it would seem possible. Then again I haven't seen it yet so parden me for just using the information I have.

• Brohoof 1

Pinkiepie Didn't go through the Portal you guys, she clearly just walked from one panel to the next panel and read the Script. Duh? Or better yet she left the movie and fast forwarded to the end just like in space balls.

In a Friend In Deed, she grew four extra hooves, and in Too Many Pinkie Pies, she was capable of levitation. Plus, using her Pinkie Sense, as in Feeling Pinkie Keen, she can see into the future.

My head-canon on this is that there are two kinds of magic in Equestria: unicorn magic, and "Deep Magic."  Unicorn magic is more flashy and abstract, involving books and spells, and requiring a "wand" (unicorn horn).  "Deep Magic" is more subtle (no glowing light or special effects), and everypony can do it.  It is more direct, intuitive, right-brained.  To use human examples: unicorn magic is akin to Western "Ceremonial Magick," with its grimoires and sigils, geometric, astrological, and alchemical correspondences, etc.  "Deep Magic" is more like Eastern qigong, tai chi, or Michael Jordan getting amazing "hang time" on his way to a basket.  There are no spells or even direct mental effort; it's simply "being in tune" with the EquestriaVerse and bending probability in one's favor.  Applejack does it when she applebucks, knocking apples out of a tree and causing them to neatly fall into her buckets without bruising or bouncing off branches and scattering all over the place.  Pegasi do it when they fly; if subjected to ordinary physics, they'd never get off the ground.  Standing on clouds, etc.

Pinkie Pie, arguably the most right-brain oriented of the bunch, is simply a master of Deep Magic, even if she doesn't really know--much less know how--she's doing it.

Pinkie just being Pinkie

If she had gone through the portal don't you think the other Mane 5 and the princesses back in Equestria would have said something? Hey Twilight this weird thing that looks like Pinkie Pie on two legs came through the portal and we told her you were a princess. Oh and our Pinkie went to her dimension because she got curious for a moment.

Just saying, but you never know, PINKIE CAN DO THE IMPOSSIBLE!! :)

Keeping in mind that the two worlds are just alternate universes, it's completely possible for Pinkie to just "break the fourth wall." She's done it before and she can do it again. She doesn't need the portal. She just knows. With eccentricity, she knows all, much to the disbelief of everyone around her.

@@Zac, your thread seems to have the exact same topic of conversation as an earlier thread, which was created 4 days before yours, so I merged them together. 

I don't know. Does that mean that all along she was pretending not to know Twilight in the first place? I was very skeptical of the movie at first when Pinkie Pie knew what happened with Twilight and Flash Sentry. Anyway, Pinkie Pie is just being Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie does touch the portal, just before Luna pulls her back.  Perhaps that was enough for her to enter a coherent quantum superposition state with her counterpart, so that each would have the other's knowledge...

To expand on this a bit more...

If I understand the Many Worlds Interpretation of quantum mechanics (multiverse theory) correctly, multiple universes branch off from each other at every quantum mechanical event because each possibility becomes manifest, in a different universe.  So, if an electron is fired at a pair of slits, it goes through both slits, in different universes.  There is no "wave function" that "collapses" when a result (a detector sensing the electron after it's passed through one slit or the other) is detected.  Both results happen, to alternate versions of the electron in two separate universes.

In other words, the Pinkie Pie in Equestria and the one on Not Quite Earth are the same Pinkie Pie; one is just manifest in a universe where she ended up being human-shaped, and the other is manifest in a universe where she ended up being pony-shaped.  When pony-Pinkie stuck her hoof into the portal, she created a unique situation where two versions of herself could in some sense re-merge.  Since there is in reality only one Pinkie in many probabilistic manifestations, such a semi-merger of Pinkies into a single quantum state (i.e., pony-Pinkie was partially piercing the boundary between universes and thus coexisting within the same universe as her human counterpart) would arguably require that they share the same knowledge base.  Or at least, a new set of paired-universes are spawned, manifesting all of the possible states resulting from Pinkie touching the portal, and we just happened to see one where the possibility of such a mental merger ended up being actualized.

We might expect that something similar would happen with the Twilights, since human Pinkie mentions a human Twilight living "in the city" with a dog named Spike.  However, the physical distance between the Twilights could mean that they were not in the same inertial reference frame.  For example, if the original human Twilight was living at a significantly higher or lower altitude, the difference in the relative strength of Not Quite Earth's gravitational field would cause a very tiny, but detectable difference in the flow of time for each Twilight relative to the other (Einstein's "Twin Paradox").  This difference in the flow rate of time can be measured by extremely precise atomic clocks.  If you synchronize two atomic clocks, then place one at a high altitude while leaving the other at sea level, the one at sea level will measure time as flowing very slightly slower than the one at high altitude due to the effect of stronger gravity on the flow of time ("relativistic time dilation"). 

We currently don't have a theory that successfully integrates relativity with quantum mechanics, so we don't have a way to know how the physics of the Many Worlds Interpretation would interact with relativity in a situation like this.  However, I think it is arguable that pony Pinkie's contact with the portal would place them (more or less) within the same inertial reference frame because human Pinkie was close to the portal on the human side.  The other Twilight was not close to it, and even a small difference in relativistic time flow (being in different inertial reference frames) would mean that they were not coexisting "at the same time" on Not Quite Earth, from the quantum perspective.

Or you can just say "It's Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie." :)

• Brohoof 1

@@Zac, your thread seems to have the exact same topic of conversation as an earlier thread, which was created 4 days before yours, so I merged them together. 

Oops my apologies, I didn't see this one, thank you :)

It's cool that we had the same idea Twi Rubix :D

Two minds really do think alike eh? :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's Pinkie Pie... I think instead of theorising whether she went through the mirror as well, I think we should be theorising why the heck is her Pinkie sense so strong. My headcanon is that she's actually a guardian of time and space, without actually realising it. I like to imagine that :) Cus like, she enjoys breaking the laws of physics and she seems to *know* what's happening around Equestria as well as in parallel universes... o_O Most of the time she uses this ability to help people around her... like saving them from falling plant pots hahaha. We should all be fearing Pinkie Pie xDD At the same time, as a guardian of time and space, there is a "Pinkie Pie" in every dimension or universe to help keep balance between the universes and every Pinkie Pie has a sole purpose to guard time and space? Idk, I'm no science/physics expert, but this stuff is purely fantasy anyways.

Edited by Rayna

It's a theory, but we've seen Pinkie Pie...

• Go faster than Rainbow Dash.
  • Create instant, realistic disguises.
  • Levitate.
  • Grow extra hooves.
  • Grow fingers or change head shape.
  • Sneeze party streamers.
  • Sense the future, not only with her Pinkie Sense. Remember Twilight's really cool birthday present from It's About Time?

In all honesty, my conclusion is that Pinkie can do whatever the hay she wants, and no one can stop her.

(edited)

Fun theory but utter nonsense anyway. Not very interesting either. If Pinkie jumped through, she wouldn't just...Spectate. She's Pinkie. Also, it makes no sense when both Pinkies had a "hunch" that way.

I like to think of Pinkie as the pony version of the classic Bugs Bunny. They both seem to deliberately abuse and exploit the hell out of bizarre cartoon physics and logic without even being aware that they're in a cartoon.

Edited by Xanatos
  • Brohoof 1

comic__pinkie_pie_cosmic_guardian_by_alf

She's guardian of the Multiverse, able to travel at will, protecting the delicate balance that keeps everything in existence from exploding with the force of a thousand suns. Or so this comic suggests. Every Pinkie knows everything about everything.

I'd like to add, that as an interesting note, during Just for Sidekicks, when Sweetie Belle asked Rarity about the crystal snowglobes, and Rarity asked her how she knew about them, she said, "Just a hunch."