Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Starting a band (Help me pick a band name!) [Poll]

Technicolour Dream (Sunny)

Band Names  

15 users have voted

1. 1. Which name do you like best (after 1 week a name will be chosen)

• Wall Oak
    • Pocket Universe
    • Sidewalk Universe
    • Somebody's Two
    • Nobody's Hands
    • Seed Hands
    • Glass Brain
    • Grass Note
    • Easy Dancing
    • Apartments
    • Null Value
    • Angst
    • Teenagers
    • No Filter
    • My Galaxy
    • Crystal Cassettes

(edited)

So me and a few friends are starting a band and we got together to brainstorm a band name. The above names were all of which we came up with that we all agreed sounded good, however we could not decide on which of those we wanted. I proposed I run a poll here so that the public could decide. The lads really liked that idea so that's what I'm doing.

I myself will be the lead singer and bassist. The band is to be a contemporary indie / Indie rock band.

After 1 week, The most popular voted name will be our band name!

Edited by Technicolour Dream (Sunny)

So me and a few friends are starting a band and we got together to brainstorm a band name. The above names were all of which we came up with that we all agreed sounded good, however we could not decide on which of those we wanted. I proposed I run a poll here so that the public could decide. The lads really liked that idea so that's what I'm doing.

I myself will be the lead singer and bassist. The band is to be a contemporary indie / Indie rock band.

After 1 week, The most popular voted name will be our band name!

So you're getting together to brainstorm a band name?  Well then, how about "Brainstorm?"  :P  (Only partially serious, it sounds a bit corny and is probably taken)

All these names are really lame, you should name your band something like "Misanthrope" or "Heretic". Also why are you starting an indie band? You should start at black metal band and wear corpse paint.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

If I had to choose I would go for null value, although I agree with @, you should choose names like "misanthrope" but I don't know, of those that are in the poll I would go for null value or no filter. But I voted for null value.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

(edited)

All these names are really lame, you should name your band something like "Misanthrope" or "Heretic". Also why are you starting an indie band? You should start at black metal band and wear corpse paint.

Well, typically i do enjoy metal. Black metal however is too...whiny and annoying. I like stoner metal, Doom metal, Drone Metal, and ambient Metal. I did also have an idea once i save enough for a Sunn amp to start a possible solo (maybe me and one other person) project to make Drone and experimental Doom Metal. But we'll cross that bridge later. Misanthropes is the name of a song by viatrophy and heretic makes me think of Warhammer 40K. If i did a my experimental project we'd be "Dysnystaxis".

Also, corpse paint? Really? how mainstream and played out is that? I prefer the grimmrobes and the smoke and fog thing that Sunn O))) does.

I'm making Indie because it sounds good and isn't particularly challenging to compose in comparison to other genres. I love Indie.

If I had to choose I would go for null value, although I agree with @, you should choose names like "misanthrope" but I don't know, of those that are in the poll I would go for null value or no filter. But I voted for null value.

>"Misanthrope"

>Contemporary Indie

>Hue

How about No. I don't even think Misanthrope is so hardcore a word anyway. All a misanthrope is, is someone who hates humanity as a whole. I love people mate.

Pickleberry Kumquat Pickleberry Kumquat Pickleberry Kumquat Pickleberry Kumquat Pickleberry Kumquat Pickleberry Kumquat 

I'd go for Null Value, although I'd have it like Nil Value.

(edited)

Pickleberry Kumquat Pickleberry Kumquat Pickleberry Kumquat Pickleberry Kumquat Pickleberry Kumquat Pickleberry Kumquat 

I'd go for Null Value, although I'd have it like Nil Value.

Null Value was our lead guitarist and pianist, Joel's idea. he got it from the Source engine developer console. If you type in an off or nonexistant value for a given command it will say error: Null value found

also, dat filler 

Well, typically i do enjoy metal. Black metal however is too...whiny and annoying. I like stoner metal, Doom metal, Drone Metal, and ambient Metal. I did also have an idea once i save enough for a Sunn amp to start a possible solo (maybe me and one other person) project to make Drone and experimental Doom Metal. But we'll cross that bridge later. Misanthropes is the name of a song by viatrophy and heretic makes me think of Warhammer 40K. If i did a my experimental project we'd be "Dysnystaxis".

Also, corpse paint? Really? how mainstream and played out is that? I prefer the grimmrobes and the smoke and fog thing that Sunn O))) does.

I'm making Indie because it sounds good and isn't particularly challenging to compose in comparison to other genres. I love Indie.

>"Misanthrope"

>Contemporary Indie

>Hue

How about No. I don't even think Misanthrope is so hardcore a word anyway. All a misanthrope is, is someone who hates humanity as a whole. I love people mate.

But modern indie bands are so lame man, like if you're going to do something influenced by Pavement and My Bloody Valentine, that's cool though. I haven't really found any modern indie bands worth listening to. I know plenty of great newer metal bands, but I don't know any good newer indie bands. :/

Whatever you guys do, do not pick "Teenager" or "Angst". That feels so incredibly generic and just plain dumb.

I could give some generic suggestions that are half decent. Might suit you guys: Orbit, Interzone, Continuum, Mondrian, Moral Eclipse, Windfall, Directionality (Just some random song titles I found on my media player)

But for now, I'm sticking with Null Value

But modern indie bands are so lame man, like if you're going to do something influenced by Pavement and My Bloody Valentine, that's cool though. I haven't really found any modern indie bands worth listening to. I know plenty of great newer metal bands, but I don't know any good newer indie bands. :/

Mate, you and I are completely different people it seems. I am NOT switching genres.

Whatever you guys do, do not pick "Teenager" or "Angst". That feels so incredibly generic and just plain dumb.

I could give some generic suggestions that are half decent. Might suit you guys: Orbit, Interzone, Continuum, Mondrian, Moral Eclipse, Windfall, Directionality (Just some random song titles I found on my media player)

But for now, I'm sticking with Null Value

I didn't like Teenagers or Angst, that was Alex and Joel.

For a indie band name what about this: Ryan Stiles Breaks the Neon Glass :/

For metal, I would choose Equestrian Massacre

I don't even know

I am not working on my Drone project right now