Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what if?

Mr. Changeling

What are the most bizare what if question you could think of that would apply to history and real life (exp: what if instead of romelus killing remus, remus killed romelus, or what if the allys lost ww2. Not stuff like what if we could fly, but logic what if questions and scenarios)

• Brohoof 1

What are the most bizare what if question you could think of that would apply to history and real life (exp: what if instead of romelus killing remus, remus killed romelus, or what if the allys lost ww2. Not stuff like what if we could fly, but logic what if questions and scenarios)

1) If Remus killed Romulus, then the capital of Italy today would be "Rema".

2) I'd argue that an allied victory was assured, despite how bad everything looked, from the very start.

Most historical events are the creation of broad patterns; if they didn't happen, eventually something else would.There have been a few big moments from antiquity that could have massively influenced society simply based on how far back they go.  I've heard some say that, had the Greeks lost the Battle of Salamis in the 5th century BC, Western Civilization wouldn't exist.  That's a bit extreme, but it's true that the West wouldn't have been as heavily based on Greece as it is today.

Another possibility is the Battle of Chalons.  If Attila had won, the Roman Empire would have fallen much faster and the ensuing anarchy would have been even crazier with Huns and dozens of smaller German tribes fighting for the pieces. The Dark Ages probably would've been darker and longer.

One of my biggest 'What If's' is what if the allies lost World War 1 or if the war came to a stalemate. No doubt this will change a majorly of the world. World War 2 would probably be of a different cause, and it might not even happen in 1939. Thats one of my biggest 'What If's' ever.

1) If Remus killed Romulus, then the capital of Italy today would be "Rema".

But, would there even be an italy, would there even be a u.s.a, or would africa be named something else. All of our history, culture, religon, would be changed, altered. It is trully amazing when you think on how much the world can be altered through the life a single man and the death of an nother

My biggest what if ATM is What if Al Gore beat George Bush fir president it's a lot mire recent then others but where would we be now?

My big what if is what if Napoleon won Waterloo? They say he only lost because he had a cold.

My biggest what if ATM is What if Al Gore beat George Bush fir president it's a lot mire recent then others but where would we be now?

I would say about the same place, without a useless war in Iraq (but they would still have an asshole dictator). 

One of my biggest 'What If's' is what if the allies lost World War 1 or if the war came to a stalemate. No doubt this will change a majorly of the world. World War 2 would probably be of a different cause, and it might not even happen in 1939. Thats one of my biggest 'What If's' ever.

I'd say that the only way for a central powers victory would be either America on their side or just no American involvement. I'm not sure how Germany would have handled the situation post war, but I do think they would have done better than the treaty of Versailles (which indirectly caused WWII in Europe).